It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We're all African apes

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   
There are so many sides to racism and discrimination that I don't know where to start anymore. I think arrogance has a lot to do with it. Some people I have known who claim to be anti-racist are so biased and arrogant toward others that this forms some kind of "ism" in itself. They hate people because of all kinds of reasons. Some people even hate their own race or people because they think they are better than everyone else including their own mob. I have worked with so many people from different countries and have met very few who don't hate or dislike one nationality or another.
And here's the thing. Ask 100 people what racism is and I bet you will get 100 different answers.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 04:39 AM
link   
You may be an African ape but this thread is baseless and idiotic. Im sure this comment will get deleted if I tell the truth about how some people still look like and act like apes and some don't so I wont say that. Fact is, whites and apes look absolutely nothing alike, the muscle structure is different and and we act nothing alike and DNA theories from the early 90s have been disproven. We don't even really know what color the ancient Egyptians were. Racist schmacist, some races came from apes, some came from the sky. Sorry if you get your overly politically correct butt hurt but Im allowed to have my opinion, if you look and act like an ape then you probably are. There are lots of people that look like apes, Ive never seen a white person look like an ape, but I have seen a bunch of whites act like them. The theory of getting lighter in color over the years is the most stupid thing Ive ever heard. The dna structure of whites and people of color is so different its pathetic.
edit on 13-3-2015 by Foderalover because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 05:47 AM
link   
I agree with the OP. People should see each other the same way we see cats, birds, and fish. They are various sizes, shapes, and colors, yet they are all still amazing in their own ways. And people can acknowledge & appreciate them as they are.

There are humans who are literally black colored (like many ethnic groups in South Sudan), dark brown, medium brown, tan/beige; various shades of reddish brown (like the American Natives); various shades of yellow and gold; olive/greenish brown (like Afghanistan, Pakistan, etc); pink, white, polka-dotted (freckles). There are people who have patterns on their skin (society usually calls them "skin disorders") and people who get lighter skinned as they grow older (vitiligo). I don't think anyone should be ashamed or arrogant because of these. Sometimes I wonder what other skin variations existed in modern times, like were there bluish skinned or striped people, like tigers lol.

Unfortunately, I believe people create divisions so they can create advantages for themselves and the people they like. When all skin colors are the same, it's the hair or eyes, body shape or accent/mother language. Even when those are the same, people divide themselves over food & clothing preferences, spiritual beliefs and even unspoken thoughts. In other words, it's mostly tribalism, but also a distrust of those that are "different".

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 06:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Foderalover
You may be an African ape but this thread is baseless and idiotic. Im sure this comment will get deleted if I tell the truth about how some people still look like and act like apes and some don't so I wont say that. Fact is, whites and apes look absolutely nothing alike, the muscle structure is different and and we act nothing alike and DNA theories from the early 90s have been disproven. We don't even really know what color the ancient Egyptians were. Racist schmacist, some races came from apes, some came from the sky. Sorry if you get your overly politically correct butt hurt but Im allowed to have my opinion, if you look and act like an ape then you probably are. There are lots of people that look like apes, Ive never seen a white person look like an ape, but I have seen a bunch of whites act like them. The theory of getting lighter in color over the years is the most stupid thing Ive ever heard. The dna structure of whites and people of color is so different its pathetic.

You can claim you're not an ape all you want, but no matter how loud you say it or how many times you say it, it won't disprove the fact that you and I are members of the species homo sapiens.

Our muscle structure might not be similar to those found in other primates and we might not act like them but we did come from them via hundreds of thousands of years of evolution.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: muse7

I still have the belief that we (or some of us) came from outter space on a rock!

The evidence is there....

I am a Starman!

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I'm not sure what threads like this are trying to achieve.

"Let's all laugh at the racists"?

Of course we are all the same species because we can procreate with different races.

Duh.

So far I'm not disagreeing.

But if you're going to use this non-argument to justify mass immigration...

We're going to bang heads.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
a reply to: muse7

I don't like the way you use punctuation.

It offends me.

So must you change the way you punctuate?

Silly argument. You are perfectly free to be offended and to say you are offended. If Muse7 worked for you, you could fire him for using punctuation incorrectly on his correspondence to your clients. If Muse7 owned a business, you could boycott that business on the grounds that you are offended by his punctuation. Are you punishing him for his punctuation? Maybe, but you've done what is within your rights as an employer or a customer.

If you owned a restaurant and someone came in using racial slurs loud enough for other patrons to hear, you would be within your rights to kick that person out. They are being disruptive and probably upsetting other customers in your restaurant, which might hurt your profits.

The university who kicked that fraternity out did so because their racist song became viral (which is analogous to the restaurant person using racial slurs loud enough for others to hear). This is very disruptive to the university, which hurts their bottom line as well (a lot of students might boycott the university if nothing was done about it).

Do I really need to remind you that freedom of speech in the Constitution refers to not being imprisoned or otherwise punished by the government for speaking your opinion? It has nothing to do with public outrage motivating an employer or business to rid themselves of someone that says or does something objectionable.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Freedom of speech is to protect objectionable speech.

Not to protect nice, politically correct, speech.

On the other points you brought up, I do agree.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join