It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Slipknot Guitarist Mick Thomson Stabbed in the Head.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Article

Found this rather bizzare, especially that he was stabbed by his own brother!

I saw them years ago and they were pretty good, a massive energy and stage presence that few metal bands can equal.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Saw these at a festival when they were first getting big in UK... Not exactly my cup but the idea they had two or three drummers and a few different guitarists really got me interested.

The masks are a bit dark and I'm sure one of them likes puking in his mask and wearing it...

EDIT: Slipknot without masks.
edit on 12-3-2015 by and14263 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: and14263

Saw these at a festival when they were first getting big in UK... Not exactly my cup but the idea they had two or three drummers and a few different guitarists really got me interested.

The masks are a bit dark and I'm sure one of them likes puking in his mask and wearing it...

I saw them at Download about 10 years ago, I was a metal head back then and as I said they just blew the crowd away.

The highlight though was when Mettalica's drummer broke his hand and couldn't play so the got the slipknot drummer and a few others to play with them.

The guy from slipknot said it was the best day of his life.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   

I saw them here:

What a line up!!

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: and14263

Just looking at that is bringing back some great memories... hot summers, great music, no worries.

Les Rythmes Digitales, Ian Brown, Gomez and Foo Fighters were all at their peak.

I noticed a thread about bass the other day... This is a wonderful bassline:

Do the robot!

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   
You don't see line ups like that any more!

I went as a punter in '96 i think it was.

I've worked at reading a fair few times as well but would not reccomend any one going these days it's seriously dangerous when the sunday night riots kick off.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Brilliant!

I remember in 2001 (I think) when the riots were big. The fire from the toilet blocks was huge.

There was a great Simpsons moment which I could only explain in person due to effect - but man, what a night, what a weekend. There is no way I could do anything like that now without a whole week to recover.

I can honestly say, those were the best years of my life. Going to gigs, festivals, buying new music, playing gigs, young, stupid... FTW now I'm working in a high profile job with a Mrs and a kid and I haven't listened to new guitar music since 2004 or something!

My Mrs always says she wants to go to a festival, I may take her to Shambala or something (bit pretentious I know), I know full well if we go to a mainstream festival it will kill my memories.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: and14263

Brilliant!

I remember in 2001 (I think) when the riots were big. The fire from the toilet blocks was huge.

There was a great Simpsons moment which I could only explain in person due to effect - but man, what a night, what a weekend. There is no way I could do anything like that now without a whole week to recover.

I can honestly say, those were the best years of my life. Going to gigs, festivals, buying new music, playing gigs, young, stupid... FTW now I'm working in a high profile job with a Mrs and a kid and I haven't listened to new guitar music since 2004 or something!

My Mrs always says she wants to go to a festival, I may take her to Shambala or something (bit pretentious I know), I know full well if we go to a mainstream festival it will kill my memories.

The last time I worked there I was in charge of emptying the wagons from all of the fires that get started, it's a pretty scary deal, I have friends who have been attacked by mobs while working.

If you want to take your good lady but do'nt want the dirty horrible side of festivals then check out the secret garden party, It's pretty nice.

The other one to look at is camp bestival, it's a festival for families and a pretty bizzare thing to witness.

The last time I was there Mr tumble from Cbeebies opened the main stage and madness closed it!

new topics

top topics

join