It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Responds To GOP Letter: They Don’t Even Understand Their Own Constitution

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   
The State Department site:

Iran Sanctions

In response to Iran’s continued illicit nuclear activities, the United States and other countries have imposed unprecedented sanctions to censure Iran and prevent its further progress in prohibited nuclear activities, as well as to persuade Tehran to address the international community’s concerns about its nuclear program. Acting both through the United Nations Security Council and regional or national authorities, the United States, the member states of the European Union, Japan, the Republic of Korea, Canada, Australia, Norway, Switzerland, and others have put in place a strong, inter-locking matrix of sanctions measures relating to Iran's nuclear, missile, energy, shipping, transportation, and financial sectors.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

War mongering is a trait of the 'conservatives'.
I am not sure why.
Do you honestly think that Iran is a genuine threat that needs to be crushed to protect the USA?

Please note the words, 'honestly' and 'genuine'. Precisely WHAT OFFENSE has dictated this recalcitrance to allowing them the privileges that our 'ally' Is-it-real possesses in the exact same region?

They have no nuclear weapons and this will remain so for the immediate future. Why do we need to imperil OUR interests (such as killing our troops, spilling our treasure and slaughtering innocents so we can have more people annoyed with us) to safeguard a bunch of Zionists bigots?

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: largo

Except Obama is bombing like crazy in the Middle East.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Some would say he is not bombing enough

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

originally posted by: Aliensun
a reply to: kevinp2300

You do understand that foreign minister is harping about "international law" which actually is not going to be binding Congress if they decide to upset Obama's apple cart in this game. And you can't claim he would be ignorant of such tactics given what Iran has done along several lines of actions over the years contrary to "international law." So his words are mere propaganda also. And why not? They all are politicians with their own purposes.

You're right international law won't be binding to congress in this but there is an American law called the Logan act that will. Hopefully the White House will pay attention to the petition that people have signed and charge those 47 traitors accordingly.

I always find it rich when Democrats pretend to care about laws! Especially when Obama selectively chooses what laws to enforce and which ones to ignore.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

originally posted by: Aliensun
a reply to: kevinp2300

You do understand that foreign minister is harping about "international law" which actually is not going to be binding Congress if they decide to upset Obama's apple cart in this game. And you can't claim he would be ignorant of such tactics given what Iran has done along several lines of actions over the years contrary to "international law." So his words are mere propaganda also. And why not? They all are politicians with their own purposes.

You're right international law won't be binding to congress in this but there is an American law called the Logan act that will. Hopefully the White House will pay attention to the petition that people have signed and charge those 47 traitors accordingly.

Actually there is precedent for it and they were not prosecuted for it. SO they will not be either. The democrats did it once to regean and no one was prosecuted. Also giving a opinion is not negotiating. they sent a opinion on what they think should happen with the next president.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: largo

my how bigoted of you to say.
not all israelis are zionist.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

It was more than that, and more than this 'situation.'

A Democrat Senator, actually conspired with a foreign enemy government, to remove a sitting president for the senator's own political gain, and for the gain of a foreign enemy nation....

Let that sink in for a minute...

Now lets compare that, to a nasty letter written to a sovereign nation that does not like us, is a known terrorist supporter, and will not abide by an agreements anyway...

Yes, let us revel in this fake outrage long enough to let Hillary get her story straight....

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: CrawlingChaos

Typical behaviour on their part and it denoted the corruption of the government in the senate,house and presidency.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Granite
a reply to: Elton

It's official, dems support tyrany.

Yet it was a Republican president who created the Patriot Act.
It's Republican states enforcing religious dictatorship over the people.
It's Republicans demanding to control women's bodies.
It's Republicans preaching Bible-thumping nonsense at every opportunity.

Yeah, it's those evil Dems what did it!

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3 I believe these 47 individuals simply do not trust anything Iran says. I do not think they want war. I think they trust Israel PM more than they trust anything the POTUS says.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

And all Democrat Congresses and President(s) have enhanced it.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

The deal is still in the negotiating process with other foreign countries.

Not if Obama can help it.

He's already wrecked it.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: BritguyI can understand these 47 agreeing Israel and with the PM. He and his country are on the front lines of this problem. I suspect the PM knows more about what is going on there than POTUS which is out of harms way several thousand miles away. I tend to agree with what Israel is doing. They are not the aggressors, they are the defenders of their way of life, community, and people.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Ceeker63y

Your statement translates to me that their loyalty to Israel and a foreign politician outweighs the President of the US and we citizens of the US. No one should join our military til that faction of republicans has run its destructive course.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   
It's pretty sad, the GOP has turned into a bad Jerry Springer episode. They’ve contracted a serious case of the Tricky Dick (Nixon) Syndrome, AKA paranoid schizophrenia, accompanied by profound delusions of grandeur.

I love it how people so readily assimilate what they’ve read in some tabloid rag and then go about preaching it to the world like it’s the Gospel. No wonder we’re in such a mess. We, the People, are so gullible and easily manipulated that we’re sitting ducks for ruthless politicians. We’ll believe anything they tell us, no matter how stupid and moronic it reveals us to be. Hell, we don’t care. As long as it fits into our preconceived, twisted view of the world, we just lap it up like ravenous dogs. As much as I don’t like it, I can’t help but feel that we deserve whatever comes our way. If we insist on doing dumb sh-t, then we rightly own it and deserve whatever comes of it. No matter how dire the consequences.

As I understand it, this is the way it has worked for the last 200+ years: At the behest of the President, the person charged with the conduct of foreign relations under the Constitution, Congress may pass laws declaring economic sanctions against countries. Only the Commander in Chief can negotiate with other countries in order to make agreements. These negotiations are often sensitive and considered to be confidential. There is no need to invite Congress, who is famous for leaking information, into these discussions. Under Article II, Section 2 of the Constitution, making TREATIES is the responsibility of the President. ONCE THEY ARE READY to be signed, they are then presented to the Senate for "advise and consent". The aim of the Iran nuclear talks is to establish an international “agreement”, NOT A TREATY. Neophyte senator Cotton needs to read up on diplomatic protocol in foreign affairs, historical precedent in these matters, as well as the Constitution he swore to uphold!

As is typical of the Republican Party these days, they whine, complain and make false, unsubstantiated allegations, while rarely offering a tenable solution. If successful in their insane attempt to sabotage the nuclear talks, then what? As far as I can tell, the Republican “solution” leads to the following possible scenarios:

1 - We squeeze Iran further with even tighter sanctions, followed up by a pre-emptive military strike and invasion? Now there’s the ticket! We’ll just flash some of that good ol’ fashion American superiority around and crush them like bugs with our military might. The whole world will then be witness to the overwhelming force, and iron fist, of almighty America. They’ll bow in our presence and respect our overwhelming dominance in the world, for sure.

If you buy #1 as a viable option, then you’re even more delusional than I’ve previously given you credit for.

2 - Once the talks collapse, Iran will simply accelerate their efforts to produce the bomb. Israel (Netenyahu) will then say, “I told you so”, and America and Israel will cheerfully collaborate on a Master War Plan to rid the world those filthy dogs. We’ll show them!!

Again, if you think #2 is a workable solution, then may God help us all!

I just can’t figure it. Where did we go wrong? How did we get so stupid? What is our problem? Can’t we all just get along? I guess this is what happens when you have a gang of monkeys armed to the teeth and packin’ a hefty arsenal of 50 megaton thermonuclear devices...

edit on 3/11/2015 by netbound because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

It's not a treaty. Congress basically has no say in it. These talks are being run by the UN and the UN will be ones writing and upholding the agreement. The US is just part of the talks.

What these senators did was absolutely stupid. Stupid because they don't seem to have any idea how international law works.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Ceeker63

I can understand these 47 agreeing Israel and with the PM.

Sure they will after all they have become an extension of the Likud party. So Benny is their boss.

I suspect the PM knows more about what is going on there than POTUS which is out of harms way several thousand miles away.

The PM is a delusional fool who won't even listen to his own secret service. The only place Iran's nuclear weapons programs exist is in his tiny little brain.

I tend to agree with what Israel is doing. They are not the aggressors, they are the defenders of their way of life, community, and people.

What Israel are you talking about? Israel has been nothing but the aggressors in this matter. For the last couple of decades Benny has done nothing but try to get America to go to war with Iran.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: netbound

How did we get so stupid?

The way we got so stupid is by allowing Israel to give our politicians free vacations and brainwash them on how they need to be protected by allowing Americans to go die for their country. We need a law that says no politician is allowed to receive gifts, vacations or any other kind of monetary enrichment from a foreign nation.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: links234

These talks are being run by the UN and the UN will be ones writing and upholding the agreement. The US is just part of the talks.

China
France
Germany
Russia
United Kingdom

Are all involved in the negotiations alongside Obama.

Not only did these 47 senators undermine their own president, they undermined 5 other countries.

Apparently, 47 individual senators can and will trump any agreements made by other countries as well, not just that bad ol' Obama guy.

I had no idea that a handful of US senators controlled world affairs.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join