It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman and her children swam with mysterious ghost child

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 12:08 AM
link   

A chilling image has surfaced which claimed to be the image of a ghost of a young drowning victim.

The spine-tingling photograph was posted on Facebook by Australian Kim Davison, but things began to get really spooky when it was revealed that a little girl died in the same spot 100 years ago.

Ms Davison, from Queensland, posted the image, which was taken in 2014, on the 'Toowoomba Ghost Chasers' Facebook page. It appears to show two women and four children swimming.

However Ms Davison and Jessie Lu, the other adult in the photo, are adamant they were with only three children when the photo was taken at Murphy's Hole in Lockyer River, south-east Queensland.

When examining the photo later, they were all shocked to see a fourth face in the background.

'At the time of taking this photo there was nothing between us,' Ms Davison insists.

'I'm holding the little girl and that white head next to me with horns is not human, I can promise you that,' Ms Davison said.

'Its fingers are on my shoulder and on my daughter's arm. They are long skeletal type fingers.'

The story became even spookier when researchers uncovered the story of Doreen O'Sullivan, a 13-year-old girl who drowned in the same creek in 1913.

A Brisbane Courier newspaper clipping from November 22 1913 has a death notice for a little girl who died in that watering hole.

Disturbingly, Ms Davison claims that there had been strange occurrences that day as they swam in the water, which only firms her belief that a spirit was present.

'On this day my daughter had her leg grabbed two times by something in the water.'

'When I went back in for one last dip to cool off I did feel something behind me as I was walking out of water but tried to ignore it.

You can sort of see a little girl with pig tails next to the mother's head, at least that's what I make out. It's very interesting, if you ask me. This stuff fascinates me since I took a photo of an angry Indian with a Mohawk standing outside our kitchen window staring at our daughter. When I was going through the birthday photos, my daughter yelled, "Mommy, that's the bad man outside my window every night!" Now we had a face to the name. He was very angry looking. Once I get my stuff from storage at my sister's, I'll be happy to post it for all to see. At first it freaked me out, then I became very fascinated. I like looking at photos like these in a "scientific" way, if that makes sense. Kind of studying it, but not a full time believer just yet. Still very fascinating!

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Anyafaj

Crazy photo, however the ghost looks younger than 13.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 12:39 AM
link   

It's the size of the baby not a 13-year-old and wouldn't look like a child had someone not said it was a child.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 01:46 AM
link   
From reading the story. It may be some kind of evil spirit trying to drown people. So maybe the 13 year old was a victim.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 02:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: thedeadtruth
From reading the story. It may be some kind of evil spirit trying to drown people. So maybe the 13 year old was a victim.

That or after 100 years, she now wants company. One or the other I guess.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 02:15 AM
link   
I agree that this is creepy. Whatever was there showed up on the negative. I Don't think it was a lens artifact or a smudge. Definitely something in the water with those people. I would be creeped out. I wouldn't be swimming there again for sure.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Jinn maybe ?
edit on 11-3-2015 by Kapusta because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-3-2015 by Kapusta because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Its not clear enough to say if it could be a 13 year old or not. Is that an arm covering the lower half of its face? Its own arm? A baby couldn't have an arm like that. Or is it just some sort of ghostly distortion? I think a babys head would be much smaller, and I've met 13 year olds who looked small for their age. But either way, there's not enough information here to say that it cannot be a 13 year old. You can barely make out a face, but it does have two eyes and a head shape, just barely enough to say its a face. Are those horns or pigtails? Or more distortion? She says there are skeletal fingers on her shoulder. Kinda hard to tell what shoulder or whos shoulder, with that circle someone put there. Maybe an arrow would have been less obstructive.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Id love to see your Mohawkian ghost photo! It would also be interesting to know if the picture was taken near where the Mohawk tribe was known to be. Not that one or more could not have travelled and died somewhere near where your future home would be. How scary for your child though... to see an angry face in the window O.O

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 04:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3n19m470
Id love to see your Mohawkian ghost photo! It would also be interesting to know if the picture was taken near where the Mohawk tribe was known to be. Not that one or more could not have travelled and died somewhere near where your future home would be. How scary for your child though... to see an angry face in the window O.O

I can tell you it was taken in Rome, NY, in 2002 around 200 block of North Levitt St, hovering around the 800 block of W. Liberty St. If you type into Bing maps, Rome, NY 13440, 200 N. Levitt St, look for a bunch of red brick apartment buildings next to a bus stop on the corner of Liberty St. Click Birds Eye View. The one on the corner, closest to the Bus Stop, was where we lived. We lived in the corner apartment by the bus stop, on the outside, the place had a serious black mold problem because it was built in the 30's and had NO insulation. If you look in the backyard, you'll see some pavement where some clotheslines are, the very first one, closest to the building was mine. (It looks like a green recycling bin is next to it.) The kitchen window next to that recycling bin, is where the Indian was standing. The recycling bin is about 7 feet away from where the Indian was standing. If you see the window above the bin, count 3 windows in, that would have been my daughter's window. The widow above the bin would be my neighbor's bathroom window, then my bathroom window, then my daughter's bedroom window. My daughter used to tell us "Batman was watching her." That's how it sounded anyway.

Until the day I took the photo, our blinds were still up, it had gone dark, later while viewing the party photos, I was trying to make out who walked by looking in our window, she said, "Mommy that's batman!" I said, Batman?" She said, "No! BAD MAN!" From the day we moved in, our daughter refused to go to sleep without something covering her window.

Our daughter always had something with her, spirit wise. I remember when she was 3, you could hear her toys moving around in her room while she was sleeping. She was constantly playing with "imaginary friends", even up until she was 16. (She's autistic.) A psychologist told her imaginary friends were fantasy so she doesn't talk about it anymore. But before she would talk about her brothers and her sisters who were miscarriages before and after her in heaven, and how she had named them because they were sad they didn't have names. One of brothers visited her all the time she said and played with her toys while she slept. Now she doesn't talk about them because "it's not nice to talk about make believe". Yet, if you ask me and my ex, who was making her toys move around and make the sounds go off? She certainly wasn't doing it. Believe me, I looked! Everything stopped all of a sudden, it went dead quiet, and as soon as I left, the noise started right back up. She was laying in her bed, out like a light. I don't know what to believe, but I don't disbelieve. If that makes sense.

Seeing how angry the Indian looked, it made sense. Apparently they did live in some parts of NY, but it doesn't go into specifics as to where exactly.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Near Rome, it would have been a member of the Oneida Indian Nation. They were part of the Iroquois Confederacy along with the Mohawks but the Mohawks were further east. Their main town of Caughnewaga also called Osernenon and their later settlement were both near Fonda which is about 45-60 min east of Rome/n40 miles west of Albany. If you were on the Thruway it would be exit 28. Caughnewaga was on a fairly large hill overlooking the Mohawk valley and it is where Saint Kateri Tekawitha was born. It was a rather prominent place until it was destroyed by the French in the late 17th century in retaliation for the martyring of 3 Jesuit missionaries. The Iroquois controlled almost all of what is now NY state as well as parts of Pennsylvania, eastern Ohio and parts of Quebec.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 08:24 AM
link   
So no one is going to say "maybe its a splash, or one of the swimmers' feet?" Considering whatever is there is ACTUALLY there by the negative, clearly, and none of them is frightened of it even though some are facing that direction and could see it.
edit on 11-3-2015 by AshOnMyTomatoes because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: AshOnMyTomatoes
So no one is going to say "maybe its a splash, or one of the swimmers' feet?" Considering whatever is there is ACTUALLY there by the negative, clearly, and none of them is frightened of it even though some are facing that direction and could see it.

No one apparently saw it when they were swimming, but the mother reports she did feel it pull on her daughter's leg when they were swimming. So it wasn't seen, but apparently felt. Supposedly, if we take her at her word.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: peter vlar

Near Rome, it would have been a member of the Oneida Indian Nation. They were part of the Iroquois Confederacy along with the Mohawks but the Mohawks were further east. Their main town of Caughnewaga also called Osernenon and their later settlement were both near Fonda which is about 45-60 min east of Rome/n40 miles west of Albany. If you were on the Thruway it would be exit 28. Caughnewaga was on a fairly large hill overlooking the Mohawk valley and it is where Saint Kateri Tekawitha was born. It was a rather prominent place until it was destroyed by the French in the late 17th century in retaliation for the martyring of 3 Jesuit missionaries. The Iroquois controlled almost all of what is now NY state as well as parts of Pennsylvania, eastern Ohio and parts of Quebec.

It's not uncommon for the area to be referred to as The Mohawk Valley, and Oneida County. So they might have traveled through the area at least once in awhile. At least that is what my history teacher mentioned when I ran into him and asked him some questions. (He's Oneida Indian.) Who knows, maybe it's a lost traveler. In fact, there is a decommissioned B-52 on the old base that my dad flew the flight on, the town voted on a name for it, and the vote that won was The Mohawk Valley.

The Mohawk Valley

My dad was specially requested for this final flight by his crew, even though a computer now did his part.
edit on 3/11/2015 by Anyafaj because: Added in the B-52 to give history of Mohawk Valley

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Yes, the whole area through which the Mohawk River flows from its source in Lewis County just East of Syracuse until it empties into the Hudson at Cohoes is called the Mohawk Valley. The river and valley were certainly named after the Mohawk people who were arguably the most important and powerful tribe in the Iroquois Confederacy and who's language was the Official language for all council meetings amongst the 5(or 6 depending on what period of time is being discussed) tribes. And there could very well have been Mohawk Indians in the area of Rome for many different reasons, trade or diplomacy being primary reasons for the Mohawk to be that far west. I was simply trying to point out that it would have been far more likely to have been a member of the OIN than a Mohawk who's territory was farther east and ran from Canada to around Kingston north to south and from Western Montgomery County/Eastern Herkimer county on its Western border to a little past Albany near the current NY/Mass border. Sorry, I grew up 5 Minutes from Caughnewaga and worked French and Indian War digs in the area when doing my anthropology degree so the history of the land in my back yard has been drilled into my head and studied for quite a long time so if I'm coming off as a smarty pants it's unintentional.

ETA- it's pretty cool that your dad took part in such a big event during the decommissioning ceremonies. Losing that base was a huge blow to the area for a lot of people.
edit on 11-3-2015 by peter vlar because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   

just out of curiosity...what makes her call him "bad man"?

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: peter vlar

Yes, the whole area through which the Mohawk River flows from its source in Lewis County just East of Syracuse until it empties into the Hudson at Cohoes is called the Mohawk Valley. The river and valley were certainly named after the Mohawk people who were arguably the most important and powerful tribe in the Iroquois Confederacy and who's language was the Official language for all council meetings amongst the 5(or 6 depending on what period of time is being discussed) tribes. And there could very well have been Mohawk Indians in the area of Rome for many different reasons, trade or diplomacy being primary reasons for the Mohawk to be that far west. I was simply trying to point out that it would have been far more likely to have been a member of the OIN than a Mohawk who's territory was farther east and ran from Canada to around Kingston north to south and from Western Montgomery County/Eastern Herkimer county on its Western border to a little past Albany near the current NY/Mass border. Sorry, I grew up 5 Minutes from Caughnewaga and worked French and Indian War digs in the area when doing my anthropology degree so the history of the land in my back yard has been drilled into my head and studied for quite a long time so if I'm coming off as a smarty pants it's unintentional.

ETA- it's pretty cool that your dad took part in such a big event during the decommissioning ceremonies. Losing that base was a huge blow to the area for a lot of people.

Yah, it was very cool for my dad. It was a source of pride for him to be specially requested by his old boss. I used to baby sit for the LT. Col. Very nice family. They used to pay me double my going rate too! Losing the base was.

A lot of people were more upset that the doctor's office that used to be an officer club cost the base $2B to build and the city got that building for a whole dollar! That's YOUR tax dollars at work! A LOT of people were VERY ticked about that. I can't say I blame them. Did the OIN have Mohawks at all in the very early days? Or just the Mohawk Indians? Just curious if it was possibly an OIN.

BTW, I don't think you're coming off as smarty pants at all. I think your knowledge is invaluable! Thank you for your help! Truly!
edit on 3/11/2015 by Anyafaj because: (no reason given)

edit on 3/11/2015 by Anyafaj because: I can tell you, in th picture, you can clearly see the sides of his head look bare, and you can clearly see he has a mohawk. It's unmistakable.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: kevinp2300

just out of curiosity...what makes her call him "bad man"?

In the picture he looked very angry. I don't know if it's the angry look he had about him, or if she sensed he was evil somehow. She never said. She was turning 7 at the time and had the vocabulary of a 3-4 yr old, between being autistic and missing part of her brain. She was in speech therapy, and had been since she was 3. At the age of 3, her speech was that of a 1 yr old. She's much better now. She's going to be 20 later this year, and she had a psychologist tell her that it was all "make believe" and she's not supposed to talk about that, so she doesn't. Idiots!

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Seems to me that it's a splash made by the lady looking back towards the lady holding the baby...

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   

I believe ppl with autism are geniuses in their own way. Children often see spirits as animals as well. I have heard numerous stories of Indians haunting certain grounds. Have you ever seen the Amityville movie? The house was supposedly built on an Indian burial ground.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join