It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Friday the 13th , what's your story?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 12:04 AM
link   
May 1983 Friday the 13th Hollywood park, Inglewood Ca.

After a day at the horse races, my mom and pop sat at a signal
waiting to leave Hollywood park. In the center of the intersection
stood a rent-a-cop directing traffic. He stopped traffic with a
semi truck and tractor trailor in the left turn lane. The rent-a-cop
waived my parents, also waiting to make a left, around the semi.
Just as they made their way around the semi, their lives ended.
I was just 22 years old but even worse, my brother was barely 18.
And in no way capable of dealing with such a loss. So that's what
friday the 13th means to me. Total devastation but, what's your
story?

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 12:12 AM
link   
My dad drag raced for a couple of decades...blown alcohol dragster.
He crashed twice over that period of time. Both times on a Friday the 13th.
He got banged up pretty good both times. Not critically, but the kind of injuries that take some time to recover from...broke ribs, broke leg and ankle, torn tendons.
He is very superstitious about that date now. Won't even get in a vehicle.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 12:21 AM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

That's a trip, I don't blame him. Be thankful.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 12:24 AM
link   
I'm superstitious to a fault. No walking under open ladders. No walking over cracks in the sidewalks. Don't break mirrors. If salt spills, throw some over the left shoulder for the devil. Although the black cat doesn't bother me, because in Irish culture, black cats are seen as good luck. So that one, I'm ok on. LOL Friday the 13th, I've never had anything significant happen that I said, "Oh no, I have to watch out!" But I do admit to be extra cautious when it comes to superstitions. Think of it as my Nana drilling it into my head. She was ULTRA-superstitious. The nuns in her orphanage wouldn't let her forget a single one of them and she wouldn't let me forget them! My Irish grandparents dispelled a few of them, but some are hard to get rid of.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 12:49 AM
link   
One time I was camping at this place called Crystal lake and a guy in a hockey mask went nuts and started stalking the- oh sorry that was a movie.
My mom was born on Friday the 13th. Nothing has really happened to me. My life just isn't that interesting.

Sorry to hear about your parents, by the way. That's harsh.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 12:54 AM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

Friday 13th March 2015 - POETS day for me.

I'm currently doing some audits in Singapore and have arranged for a big night out this Friday with the lads.

POETS day you ask???

Piss
Off
Early
Tomorrow's
Saturday

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 01:15 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Not really a story but I think it's interesting that 2015 has three Friday the 13th. What’s more, last year’s lone Friday the 13th on June 13, 2014, occurred exactly 39 weeks (3 x 13 weeks) before this Friday the 13th in March 2015. Also, next year’s lone Friday the 13th on May 13, 2016, will happen exactly 26 weeks (2 x 13 weeks) after the Friday the 13th in November 2015.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 08:08 AM
link   
I took a history final on a friday the 13th and I got a 99 on it. When I asked my teacher what question I got wrong she said I didn't get any wrong but she just couldn't give me a 100 because nobody's perfect. I wanted to give her a perfect black eye.

On another Friday the 13th I won $1,100.00 in the office numbers pool.
I guess it's all in how you think. I get lucky quite often. I won a tv once. I win on scratchers. Got a few small jackpots in Vegas and Atlantic city. Etc...I have my eyes on a lottery prize one day. Already have my new house picked out and the perfect parcel of land to build it on. I even have the furniture and wall paper picked out. Just need to remember to buy a ticket.
edit on 3112015 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 08:22 AM
link   
That is horrible. So very sorry. a reply to: randyvs

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 08:33 AM
link   

I have got the scariest story of all about Friday the thirteenth.

My wife was born on Friday the thirteeth in October, and her birthday lands on that day quite often.

I didn't realize this until after the wedding.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Every time and I MEAN every time, I awoke on Saturday the Fourteenth and was sober.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Every time and I MEAN every time, I awoke on Saturday the Fourteenth and was sober.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: teamcommander

I have got the scariest story of all about Friday the thirteenth.

My wife was born on Friday the thirteeth in October, and her birthday lands on that day quite often.

I didn't realize this until after the wedding.

Among a lot of other things I would imagine.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

That is horrible. So very sorry. a reply to: randyvs

I tried to post it as matter of fact as possible to deflect simpathy.
But I do appreciate that of course, thank you.

I wanted to give her a perfect black eye.

LMAO

I bet you did and I bet you're a looker.

edit on Rpm31315v152015u27 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   
There is nothing matter of fact about a personal loss like that and anyone with a heart would be moved to offer you sympathy. Nothing special about me sweet boy.

Sadly my mother in law passed away just this morning after a short battle with cancer. a reply to: randyvs

edit on 3132015 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657
Sadly my mother in law passed away just this morning after a short battle with cancer. a reply to: randyvs

Oh NO! I'm so sorry for you and your pick darl'n.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrMaybeNot

Not really a story but I think it's interesting that 2015 has three Friday the 13th. What’s more, last year’s lone Friday the 13th on June 13, 2014, occurred exactly 39 weeks (3 x 13 weeks) before this Friday the 13th in March 2015. Also, next year’s lone Friday the 13th on May 13, 2016, will happen exactly 26 weeks (2 x 13 weeks) after the Friday the 13th in November 2015.

Holy crap by the numbers!

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Thank you. She lived a good life had many friends, traveled, had six children and she was 95 years old. a reply to: randyvs

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Both of my children were born on Friday the 13th 3yrs apart. The first it was also a full moon.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join