It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

12.5% Anti-depressant suicide rate False. CORRECT results Show 56% !

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: pl3bscheese

I hesitate to identify with "leftie" because the truth of the matter is that before Ronald Reagan, and even during his tenure, my views would have been seen as Conservative. The Right has moved so far to the right since 9/11 that it skews the labels and makes anyone who is not Ted Nugent or Rush Limbaugh get stuck with the label "commie" or "libtard".

Having said that, I believe in humanitarianism - treating all others with dignity and respect and holding human life above material possessions as a value system. I also think that the sick, old, and young should be taken care of and that paying taxes is the premium one pays to live in a nation with infrastructure and has a standard of seeking to promote the general welfare of it's citizens.

These days that seems to make me more dangerous than Marx to many folks who have bought into the Ayn Rand ideology.

With those caveats in mind - I have had severe reactions to nearly every SSRI/SSNRI and bi and tricyclic antidepressant on the planet. I once listed every one that the doctors have demanded I try and it took up over a full notebook page. Currently I am on an amazingly low dose of Celexa ( 20 mg once a day ) and can tolerate the side effects, though they are still very much there. Constant body and head aches predominantly.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: pl3bscheese

hahahahaha nice description. When i take medications i often feel like i am * Going to die* as well lol or just barely scrap by.

Funny you should mention that.

Thanks everyone for contributing to the thread

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

It sucks political idologies have highjacked such an important thing as direction and handyness isn't it.

So are you saying you are a southpaw as well?

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: AnuTyr

Actually I was born left handed but had a Catholic first grade teacher who thought it was evil - so she literally taped my pencil in my right hand every single day.

End result is that I am ambidextrous.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 11:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

Wow man, im 23, and im glad i never went through that.

Here in canada, There are catholic schools and there are regular schools. Nowadays if a teacher tried to do that they would be tossed in the can.

Awesome to meet another southpaw tho. Generally a lot of us have ambidextrious qualities. So i would still consider you a southpaw. Or you could of been a legit Ambi. There is roughly 1% true abidextrious tho so it's likely you are a left hander but that's awesome man. Could be a true abidextrious as well!

Well then, It seems i met 2 of my fellow bretheren today

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Oohhhh nnooooo

Big pharma lies about anti-depressants ?

I wonder if they lie about other things too like say ..... Vaccines

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   

There is no remotely feasible way this is possible, not a slim chance.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I know anecdotal evidence is useless in these cases, but anti depressants got me through an extremely tough time, without them I'd either be dead or in a mad house.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: MarioOnTheFly
a reply to: GetHyped56 % is enough to call potential causation.

Correlation is not necessarily causation, even if this number were 100% it is not enough to call causation. That's not how it works. To truly show causation, you would need to compare two randomly selected groups of depressed patients. Say one receiving a tri-cyclic antidepressant, and one receiving SSRIs, then track the suicide rate forward in time. Then a skew in suicide rates toward SSRIs would be evidence of a causal link.

That said, I find the OP insightful, and the link troubling about the use of SSRIs. I'm going to work through the statistics myself and see what can be said from the updated coding.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Its not the best article, jumping from a to c, missing out b.

How many people die in hospital following a serious car accident? Oh, its obviously hospitals which are dangerous, would you let a family member go to hospital if you thought they might die? His missing limb might have grown back if those pesky doctors hadn't killed him.

There is a serious discussion to be had above medications and the appropriate supervision and reviews. But some articles harm the argument more than they support it.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

Crazy industry!

Err .. Literally.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Over 90% of car accidents involve people wearing seatbelts. Therefore, seatbelts cause car accidents.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: GetHyped
Over 90% of car accidents involve people wearing seatbelts. Therefore, seatbelts cause car accidents.

Wow, if thats not completely off topic. Then I don't know what is

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join