It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rand Paul is for "gay contracts" not " gay marriage".

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 12:07 AM
link   
a reply to: FireflyStars

Nope but the POTUS has a massive amount of influence over a large citizenship and could sway the sheeple heavily to one side or the other.

So...waffling about it is good politics?
Sounds more like pandering to as wide as audience as possible. They can get hitched but don't call it married.

edit on 3/8/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 12:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Foderalover

He is just saying fine lets call it a contract to shut the other side up but no
way are we gonna call it marriage .

Marriage is the joining of man and women under god what ever god the couple happens
to believe in .
And i dont think that its right for some one to force me or any other person to change their
definition of that word ...........and its never gonna happen i dont care what some judge says or some new law
in the eyes of me and billions of others thats right billions a gay couple will never be (married)

And there are billions of people who feel the way I do but are not brave enough to say it .

So gay couples call your unioun whatever you want but we will never see it as marriage .
And its kind of nazi like that you try to force us to see it that way .

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 12:11 AM
link   
a reply to: sweets777

So gay couples call your unioun whatever you want but we will never see it as marriage .

Gay couples don't really care how you see it. They care about how the law sees it.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 12:18 AM
link   
This whole thing is ridiculous. Let them get married and have all the same tax breaks (as well as headaches) as heterosexual couples have. Who cares if it's a "contract" or "marriage"? It's the same damn thing.

From the perspective of civil law, there is NO reason why gay people should not be allowed to marry and fall under every other tax code that hetero couples fall under.

Religion has no place in matters of secular western law, nor does it have any right to determine who can get married and who can't. The U.S isn't a #ing theocracy.

I don't understand why this is so difficult for right wing/conservative christians to understand in the U.S. What does it matter if they aren't getting married in your churches? Does their ability to marry legally effect you personally in any way?

edit on 8-3-2015 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 12:18 AM
link   
a reply to: DeadSeraph

My only stipulation is that they not be allowed to do so in a church, and why should they want to?

On one hand I think the obvious answer is that there are gay church-going religious people. So they would want to, right?

On the other hand why would they want to be affiliated with a religion that is largely against them? Beats me.
edit on 8-3-2015 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Does their ability to marry legally effect you personally in any way?

Haven't you heard? It threatens traditional marriage.
I don't know how. But it does.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 12:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lucid Lunacy

My only stipulation is that they not be allowed to do so in a church, and why should they want to?

I agree and disagree I suppose..

On one hand I think the obvious answer is that there are gay church-going religious people. So they would want to, right?

On the other hand why would they want to be affiliated with a religion that is largely against them? Beats me.

If they want to get married in a church that supports that sort of thing, what is the problem? The anglicans have already done it, I'm pretty sure. If you don't like it, don't be an anglican?

I just don't understand it. I draw a line between civil law and my religious beliefs.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 12:26 AM
link   

And its kind of nazi like that you try to force us to see it that way .

Just wow....

Guess that is what is taught in the bible huh?
Here I thought it was love and forgiveness.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 12:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

hey i love ya and forgive ya but your not gonna make me change my definition of marriage to be p.c.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Well cool give em a contract let them get tax breaks like other married people .
But to be gay and wanna get married in a church sounds like they care how god sees it.
Not the government .
The gay couples that get married at the courthouse they care what the government views them as.
Who are the ones going to churches to get married trying to change thier mind me....the government .....or god.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 12:35 AM
link   

If they want to get married in a church that supports that sort of thing, what is the problem? The anglicans have already done it, I'm pretty sure. If you don't like it, don't be an anglican?

If said gay person belongs to a church that discriminates against gay marriage, and they want to be wed inside a church, then they should switch to a church/denomination that supports gay marriage. No disagreement there.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 12:36 AM
link   

But to be gay and wanna get married in a church sounds like they care how god sees it.

And you know, of course, how God sees it.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 12:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: sweets777
a reply to: Sremmos80

hey i love ya and forgive ya but your not gonna make me change my definition of marriage to be p.c.

Can someone explain to me why this matters?

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 12:56 AM
link   

find me one god in history in any religion that blessed the joining of 2 men or 2 women just one god any god
and you guys win your point other wise there is no god that ccalls 2 men or 2 women together marriage case closed

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 12:58 AM
link   

find me one god in history in any religion that blessed the joining of 2 men or 2 women just one god any god

Find me one god.
edit on 3/8/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 12:58 AM
link   

and if and when you do find that god then fine let the gay people get married under that god why do they want to be married under the god that said they should be put to death

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 01:00 AM
link   

So why does a civil union in which 2 people are granted the same rights as 2 other people matter to you? If it is only about what God blesses or does not bless, than how does it affect you if those people are granted the same civil rights if God will not bless their union anyways?

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 01:05 AM
link   

and you guys win your point other wise there is no god that ccalls 2 men or 2 women together marriage case closed

Apollo & Hyacinth (Greek) - Apollo, a god of music, dance, healing and inspiration, is known for taking male lovers, most notably Hyacinth. Hyacinth was mortally wounded. Unable to save his beloved, Apollo created the Hyacinth flower from his blood. Hyacinth later became a divine patron to those pursuing same sex love.

Artemis (Greek) - Artemis is the huntress, the goddess of the Moon and the protector of women and children. Artemis rejects traditional roles, such as marriage, and feels kinship to those beyond traditional roles. Her festivals included same sex worship from men and women.

Astarte (Phoenician/Canaanite) - Astarte is a manifestation of the Great Mother, sometimes depicted as a hermaphrodite. Astarte's temples were served by the kelabim, a gay male priest caste.

Chin (Mayan) - Chin, a small child or dwarf god, introduced homoerotic relationships to the Mayan nobles. The nobles obtained youths of the lower classes to be the lovers of the noble's sons. Such unions were considered legal marriages under Mayan law.

Dionysus (Greek) - As a god of wine, madness, poetry and love, Dionysus is depicted as soft and feminine, yet virile and strong. He wore women's clothing to hide from his stepmother's wrath. Dionysus became lovers with the gods Adonis and Hermaphrodite.

Eros, Hermes & Hercules (Greek) - Eros, Hermes and Hercules granted blessings upon male couples, the gifts of loyalty, eloquence and strength, respectively. Eros was called upon by warrior-lovers before a fight, because the ancient Greeks believed victory is often achieved because of the love between men.

Ganesha (Hindu) - Most popularly depicted as a four armed, plump man with an elephant's head, Ganesha is the breaker of obstacles and linked to homoerotic worship involving anal sex. Ganesha is mixed in terms of sexuality, masculine in gender, but soft, tender and portrayed with breasts.

Odin (Norse) - Viewed as the all father and creator, Odin would often disguise himself as a woman. His relationship with his blood brother, Loki, had homoerotic overtones, and he studied the feminine mysteries of the goddess Freya.

Pan (Greek) The goat god of music and nature, depicted with panpipes, erect penis and chasing after maidens and men, particularly shepherds.

Set & Horus (Egyptian) - Horus, the divine child, was in constant conflict with his uncle Set, but one story survives of oral intercourse between Set and Horus, and Set ultimately gives birth to Horus' child. Gay priests served Horus' mother, the goddess Isis, in ancient Egypt.

Zeus (Greek) - Zeus is a sky god and well known for his sexual liaisons, including his male cupbearer Ganymede. In ancient material, he is transgendered as Zeus Arrhenothelus, both mother and father.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 01:05 AM
link   

it doesnt i dont care if they get contract and same tax breaks as me.
But im married to a women under god and to try to make me call what these 2 men or 2 women are doing the same thing and then try to force me to see them as a union under god ..............never gonna happen

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 01:06 AM
link   

There is only one God, and he loves every one of his children. Gay, straight, fat, skinny, tall, short, black, white, ... I think you get my point.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join