It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You may already be a felon and not even know it....yet!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: joemoe

Banning green tip is what is called, setting a precedent for future cases.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

you think I need a lawyer??? there not charging me with anything they just served a order of protection and they told me they could have charged me with a felony for the unregistered with safe act on the mp-15

I just couldn't believe they can take your guns because one person says you have them and with out any proof or any history with the PD determine that you MIGHT be a risk.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT
a reply to: joemoe

Banning green tip is what is called, setting a precedent for future cases.

I believe it's because the "green tips" have steel cores.
Would it change anything if the ammunition manufactures put a different color of plastic on the tip?

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

But they aren't really comprised of a steel core. 80% of the weight of an M855 round is lead. The amount of steel in it is fairly negligible. The whole thing is B.S. as the round doesn't meet either of the 2 requirements
By either the US military or US Law Enforcement. The real basis for the stigma they are attempting to attach is the the M855 and its variants are the most popular sporting and competition round for the much maligned Ar-15 platform as well as being the "standard" service round issued in the US Armed forces.

With that said, the article this thread is based on, despite being only a day old, is obsolete. It was a misprint, at least such is the ATF's claim. Anyway...there was a retraction this morning. I'm sure it was less of a misprint and more of someone accidentally leaking out the new addition printed up in anticipation of an impending ban.

townhall.com...

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

No! As has been previously stated in other threads, just about any and all rifle ammunition will penetrate the typical police body armor. Next ammunition to be banned will be the 22 hornet. That is a so called handgun. There are handguns that are chambered in 410 gauge shotgun loads. I suspect that these could potentially be banned under the same or similar justification. This is a can of worms. Once they start banning typical ammunitions, there will be no end to it.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: penroc3

I just couldn't believe they can take your guns because one person says you have them and with out any proof or any history with the PD determine that you MIGHT be a risk.

If you think that's bad, look at the mental health laws in this country. They can lock you away in a padded cell for the rest of your life- all they need is one doctor to agreed that you're a nut.

As for ammo bans- I agree, just another nudge. I hate to suggest it, but it might be time to buy some more rounds- and start looking for ways to keep them a secret.
Step 1- disarm the population.
Not a small step, but it's clear they have a plan and will move ahead with or without our cooperation.
edit on 8-3-2015 by lordcomac because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

Telling speech by Obama there, Randyvs…

"We're not proposing a gun registration system, we're proposing back ground checks for criminals."

"Criminals" aren't legally allowed to own firearms, theres no need to register a gun to a criminal. He's not "proposing" anything. Gun registration system is already in place for all legal gun purchases by ordinary citizens.

Ergo, gun owners are the criminals he's talking about.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

He and the other UN agenda makers are counting on the inability of We The People to see through their tactics. Many of us such as yourself can see right through the verbal acrobatics they use and the little nudges toward weakening of this vital right.

As I have said before, without a strong Second Amendment, we are subjects rather than citizens.Vigilance and demanding that the Second Amendment including the infringement thereof are more necessary than ever!

Edited to add: This is why Supreme Court appointments are so important.

edit on 8-3-2015 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Sold all my green tips and all the guns that used them. Yup didn't want to get into any trouble all gone don't know the nice couple that bought them either and there was no receipt needed because it was a cash sale.

The world is a safer place now. That nice couple would never do anything wrong. In the wrong hands you never know what those would be capable of. Stop a massacre save the neighborhood the possibilities are endless. I bet we find out soon that we really need them because the evil doers didn't turn theirs in

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   

He and the other UN agenda makers are counting on the inability of We The People to see through their tactics.

And they know that full well. For the most part their tactics are working. They are really good magicians when it comes to manipulating the general public.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join