It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pillars of Eternity

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   
eternity.obsidian.net...
Tried search no PoE.

So yeah.

Pillars of Eternity is coming out soon, roughly 3 weeks I believe. It will be an cRPG from Obsidian Entertainment, this game got massively funded through crowd-sourcing.

Basically what you have is the spiritual ancestors to Baldur's Gate (not to mention there is a new BG in the works BG 1.5 OH AND A NEW TORMENT game!) You build up your party the combat is in real time but with tactical pause available

Expect an epic single player saga.

Pillars of Eternity - Pre-Order Gameplay Trailer

Pillars of Eternity Gameplay 01/15/15 with Josh Sawyer

Now if only someone would remake Temple of Elemental Evil

edit: Available: March 26
This game will unlock in approximately 2 weeks, 5 days and 1 hour
edit on 7-3-2015 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

CANNOT WAIT FOR THIS.

I've been playing the Tides of Numera table top for a little while now and I can't wait to see how the system translates in game.

Very much looking forward to it.

~Tenth

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

torment.inxile-entertainment.com...

Looks amazing too but deserves its own thread :p

venturebeat.com...
bg1.5 not a ton of info tho :p

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Yes I am looking forward to that BG game. I also hear whispers of a new NeverWinter trilogy in the works as well...

Oh I always confuse two two ittles, the Torment and Pillars of Eternity lol I'm looking forward to all the things Obsidian lol

~Tenth

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   
So old school, though not quite as its not turn based, which is a plus. I outgrew turnbased rpgs long ago, now its always kind of weird to wait for your characters turn to attack. I will be playing another game by the time this game comes out, or a few other games.

But at some point in time its worth to give it a try, if nothing more but simply for the whole nostalgic feel of it all, of back in the day when these sort of games came on the market and were the coolest thing then sliced bread... Nay! Back then they were even much cooler then sliced bread. Time flies I suppose.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

LOVED Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2. I haven't played the 3rd as I'm not really into MMOs. Who is publishing the new trilogy? I hope it's not Bioware/EA as they've ruined Dragon Age.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: RomaSempre
The first dragon age was pretty good for its time. The second was meh! some liked it though. And the new one Dragon Age Inquisition is one of the better games to have come out in a while. So I would not say they ruined dragon age games.

Besides I think people are so stuck in the old games they played as kids that its hard for them to look to new things. Pretty much all the games and genres I play now is influenced by the game and genres I played as a kid...A whole dam lot of different types of RPGs that's for sure.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   
This time, tomorrow.

Been looking forward to this game for quite some time I'm a little hyped with anticipation, lets hope its delivers

edit on 25-3-2015 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

top topics

join