It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

do greys have black eyes because...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 10:36 PM
link   
do greys have black eyes because their planet is close to a sun and they need "protection" from the sun rays or whatver???

yupp i am board

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Greys have black eyes becasue there a different species.

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Th0r
Greys have black eyes becasue there a different species.

that too

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 10:41 PM
link   
They also made them black because it looks cool and scary at the same time

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Like your idea about being close to the sun...

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 10:49 PM
link   
By the way there skin looks I'd assume that they do not live close to a sun. I mean the skin looks fragile.

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Th0r
By the way there skin looks I'd assume that they do not live close to a sun. I mean the skin looks fragile.

Looks can be deceiving...

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I heard their eyes were big and black because they evolved from a dolphin like species that lived deep underwater. They were big so they could see with a very little amount of light.

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 01:49 AM
link   
The skin tone and large black eyes would put them farther from their star. Larger pupils needed to gather more light.

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 02:00 AM
link   
That's what I was thinking, larger eyes would probably indicate lack of sun, and if it was too far gone they'd have no eyes at all. Assuming there's greys.

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by K_OS
The skin tone and large black eyes would put them farther from their star. Larger pupils needed to gather more light.

see i am not an expert...

good info.

i did not know this thanks...

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 03:13 PM
link   
They have black eyes because they are wizzing around at silly speeds in our skys, being thrown around in there spacecraft by g forces! They should slow down and they wouldnt get hurt so often!

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 05:29 PM
link   
The thing is: Nobody knows that they have black eyes because nobody knows if "greys" actually exist.

Don't get me wrong...I believe that there are other living things in the universe. We certainly can't be the only planet with life.

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 08:06 PM
link   
The black color is just a film over the greys' eyes. It's supposed to be like night vision or something... Their real eyes have whites like ours, and they have slitted, cat-like pupils.

Um....supposedly...

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Bigger black area = bigger pupils = further from sun. Imagine if they were close to the sun with that. They'd probably go blind.

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 10:08 PM
link   
If their eyes were black due to enlarged pupils like a cat's eye to enable them to see in low-light conditions, they would also have to be slitted like a cat's eye and able to narrow by reflex, otherwise they would be blinded and in pain whenever they were exposed to bright lights.

Another possibility is that they have eyes that are biologically vastly different from ours (perhaps through genetic enhancement) and can see into the infrared and ultraviolet spectra.

I read a claim once that the greys are actually reptilian and trying to conceal that fact from the government bodies who deal with them. That would fit with the "film over the eyes" theory, and also with the plasticy look of their skin.

Pure speculation...but fun.

[edit on 2004/12/18 by wecomeinpeace]

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Some people including me dont think they really have black eyes or are even Grey for that matter. What you see is just a suit I mean if you were less advanced then us and saw humans for the first time and they all had sun glasses on you might think humans have black eyes.

I think they are something like a bio suit or space suit I doubt you would want to work on a alien without some form of protection for yourself or the person you are testing. Not very clean and safe to be testing a lifeform in the buff.

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I believe that they have some sort of invisible forcefield and there apperance is their actually natural apperance.

I don't like wearing suits that cover my whole body and if I had the technology to have an invisible force field around me I would.

It could be that it is a suit and a forcefield in one, who knows

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Another possibility is that they have eyes that are biologically vastly different from ours (perhaps through genetic enhancement) and can see into the infrared and ultraviolet spectra.

Humans can see infared radiation with our fingers. It's just heat. Not with great resolution, like the visible wavelength, but we can "see" where the hot areas are on an object and the cooler areas are.

If they had ultraviolet capabilities, they would be able to see everything with much greater resolution and detail, because it is further up in the spectrum.

top topics

join