It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dawn Arrives at Ceres: Coverage

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: egidio88
www.nasa.gov...

really??? that's it from march 1st?!?! we were even closer than february 25th and they give us just this single tiny picture with no lights?!?!

This image is at a higher resolution than the image from February 25. That one was simply enlarged more (zoomed in on), but enlarging doesn't mean better resolution.

Also,Dawn's approach to Ceres is going to take it around its dark side to achieve orbital insertion. That's why Dawn is in the position relative to Ceres that it is in now -- which is why Dawn's view of Ceres for now is at mostly its dark side. It will eventually swing back around and take pictures of a fully-sunlit Ceres.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

Damnit! I tried to tell them that those silver-toned solar panels would reflect too much light around the solar system. Did they pay attention? NO!

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: AshOnMyTomatoes

Must it? How, pray tell, does a hollow planet form? I suspect new age mumbo-jumbo.

Ancient mythology and scriptures are hardly what I would call "New Age".

For some inescapable reason I feel as though academia is expecting to find a very large, very old factory that spits out planets, suns, galaxies. And they won't be satisfied until they find one. But what if...

You want to know how planets form, sure, everyone else wants to know that too. The sad truth is, they will never be able to comprehend the process as long as they keep their minds in a box. New age mumbo jumbo you say? Hence the saying "You can't Handle the truth".

Science is a wonderful process, when practice by humble and honest people, with integrity. That being the key. Today's science is a institution that is completely owned and controlled to not inform and inspire new thought, but a controlling process that keeps people in a "Dark" box. Enough about that.

Science has now come to the conclusion that there was no big bang, no beginning. But if you look close enough to the Hubble images, you will see beginning after beginning. Galaxies coming to life spontaneously, from a small speck of light. You see Galaxies merge with one another sometimes creating beautiful displays. Its quite a site to behold. But where is the factory????

We have a very difficult time being able to see the factory, because, it is not based in the material world. We see its footprints throughout the known universe, and even our very own solar system. Where did "Anything" come from?? Science try's to wrap its head around the formation of a planet by using material methods. Dust and rocks form and start rotating, and whooosh, you have a planet. The problem is, where did the dust and rocks come from?????? That imaginary factory that spits out raw materials???

Each Galaxy has its own unique angle from the others, and creates its own spiral design. The Galaxy is a unique heavenly body that is distinct from all others. Each one, had its own "Beginning"

Solar systems are unique as well, consisting of a Sun and planets. Do you know anyone that can tell you how the Sun formed? Why it still shines after billions of years??? Oh yes, there are theories that cover that. And in as far as theories are concerned, that is exactly what they are. Nothing more, nothing less, unless you have the facts. Well when it comes to the Sun, no one I know of saw the Sun form. No one has any hard facts.

Some theories suggest planets are spit out by the Sun. Really? Maybe so, just no evidence to support any facts for it. But it still must be considered.

But what if.........

What if, from what we can comprehend in this physical plane we live on, there is another plane of existence. Larger, smaller, size really doesn't matter there, except we can not touch it, hold it, or even see it. And in that plane "they", "it", can inject into our reality, the building blocks of matter. What if an injection of matter took place, what would it look like from our perspective???

I would imagine it would look like a small speck of light that grew in size, and within that light all the matter that would be required to build a Sun, or planet, would be contained. Everything that is needed, compressed to the point of melting, being injected into our reality.

Though time this molten goo starts to separate into its basic components, and the whole blob starts to rotate. As it does more subtle changes start to take place. The lighter gaseous material start to form in the middle of this mass and starts to produce pressures that expand the interior. But not exactly in the center, as the center continues a contact with that "Other" reality we are not privy to know, and, continues to shine. That center is now locked into orbit around its Sun and begins its orbits.

At some point the central point (Central Sun, or Planet Seed I call it) will break free of the inside surface, leaving on the inside surface, ring like structures (Birth Marks), and the outer shell now is free to balance itself around the central point. The shell will continue to grow until the temperature drops down. Gravity starts to take form at this point. From the central point is a push, and the crust also has a push that hold the outer crust in place. Though it is said all planets have openings at their poles this may not be the case, some may have cooled sooner not allowing for openings.

So in short, Planets, like all other "heavenly" bodies, have individual beginnings, and are self generating. No factory, on this side of "Heaven" is needed. If you require "Evidence" of hollowness of a planet, look for the fairly large meteor impact sites that display Rebound. Those are the ones that seem to have many rings around the circumference of the crater. It shows the crust being pushed back into a spherical shape.

New age mumbo jumbo does not fly a satellite to Ceres.
Your quite certain of this???

For further research and study I provide the following links.

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...
usahitman.com...
members.quicknet.nl...
www.librarising.com...
usahitman.com...
www.theforbiddenknowledge.com...
www.echoesofenoch.com...
stargods.org...
www.fallenangels-ckquarterman.com...
scariestbookofalltime.blogspot.com...
www.angelfire.com...

There are many more links to follow, if you have the mind to do so.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Update:

Dawn offered it's own assessment via Twitter: "Confirmed: I am in orbit around #Ceres."

The spacecraft then almost immediately swung behind the the dark side of the mini-planet and won't be able to deliver images until April.

Its first science orbit will take place April 23 with an altitude of 8,400 miles above Ceres. Its final orbit will take it 230 miles above the surface.

Source

Why did they not announce prior to arrival they would swing around the dark side of Ceres?

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: game over man
Update:

Dawn offered it's own assessment via Twitter: "Confirmed: I am in orbit around #Ceres."

The spacecraft then almost immediately swung behind the the dark side of the mini-planet and won't be able to deliver images until April.

Its first science orbit will take place April 23 with an altitude of 8,400 miles above Ceres. Its final orbit will take it 230 miles above the surface.

Source

Why did they not announce prior to arrival they would swing around the dark side of Ceres?
Uh, it's going to swing around the dark side of Ceres over and over again. That's called "orbit".

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   
How long doe sit take the probe to orbit planet, how many hours is it away from light side? If Nasa is really saying we wont get any pictures till April then well that tells you everything you need to know then doesn't it.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   
After looking at a lot of moon and asteroid images the other day, I walked outside and saw our own Moon, and was kind of surprised that I was looking at it as this huge, round chunk of rock sailing through space, really close to Earth. I know about the physics keeping it up there, but dang. It seemed kind of threatening.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   

They must have assumed that most people had the 3rd grade education required to understand the concept of an orbit.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: All Seeing Eye
a reply to: AshOnMyTomatoes

Must it? How, pray tell, does a hollow planet form? I suspect new age mumbo-jumbo.

Ancient mythology and scriptures are hardly what I would call "New Age".
"New Age" is what we call people who reinterpret ancient mythology and scriptures in order to sell gullible people books and crystals.

For some inescapable reason I feel as though academia is expecting to find a very large, very old factory that spits out planets, suns, galaxies. And they won't be satisfied until they find one. But what if...
I don't understand this at all. Do you have any knowledge of modern astrophysics at all?

You want to know how planets form, sure, everyone else wants to know that too. The sad truth is, they will never be able to comprehend the process as long as they keep their minds in a box. New age mumbo jumbo you say? Hence the saying "You can't Handle the truth".

Science is a wonderful process, when practice by humble and honest people, with integrity. That being the key. Today's science is a institution that is completely owned and controlled to not inform and inspire new thought, but a controlling process that keeps people in a "Dark" box. Enough about that.
I am currently working towards a Master's in Astrophysics. Anything I've learned, I'm willing to talk about. Anything my professors learned, they're willing to talk about. I have contacts who work for the NASA Goddard institute who would talk my ear off all day if I let them. If science is a "dark box" to you, I suggest it is because you haven't opened it up yet.

Science has now come to the conclusion that there was no big bang, no beginning.
One paper has shown that, it is not yet a widespread scientific view.

But if you look close enough to the Hubble images, you will see beginning after beginning. Galaxies coming to life spontaneously, from a small speck of light.
We see one beginning, and that is all we can ever see as far as we know.

You see Galaxies merge with one another sometimes creating beautiful displays. Its quite a site to behold. But where is the factory????

We have a very difficult time being able to see the factory, because, it is not based in the material world. We see its footprints throughout the known universe, and even our very own solar system. Where did "Anything" come from?? Science try's to wrap its head around the formation of a planet by using material methods. Dust and rocks form and start rotating, and whooosh, you have a planet. The problem is, where did the dust and rocks come from?????? That imaginary factory that spits out raw materials???

Each Galaxy has its own unique angle from the others, and creates its own spiral design. The Galaxy is a unique heavenly body that is distinct from all others. Each one, had its own "Beginning"

Solar systems are unique as well, consisting of a Sun and planets. Do you know anyone that can tell you how the Sun formed? Why it still shines after billions of years??? Oh yes, there are theories that cover that. And in as far as theories are concerned, that is exactly what they are. Nothing more, nothing less, unless you have the facts. Well when it comes to the Sun, no one I know of saw the Sun form. No one has any hard facts.
Uh, stellar physics are pretty much written in stone at this point. We can see stars in every phase of life, from prestellar clouds, to protostellar disks, to main sequence stars, to dying stars, to supernovae, to supernova remnants. There's nothing magical about a star.

Some theories suggest planets are spit out by the Sun. Really? Maybe so, just no evidence to support any facts for it. But it still must be considered.
No scientific theory suggests stars "spit out" planets.

But what if.........

What if, from what we can comprehend in this physical plane we live on, there is another plane of existence. Larger, smaller, size really doesn't matter there, except we can not touch it, hold it, or even see it. And in that plane "they", "it", can inject into our reality, the building blocks of matter. What if an injection of matter took place, what would it look like from our perspective???

I would imagine it would look like a small speck of light that grew in size, and within that light all the matter that would be required to build a Sun, or planet, would be contained. Everything that is needed, compressed to the point of melting, being injected into our reality.

Though time this molten goo starts to separate into its basic components, and the whole blob starts to rotate. As it does more subtle changes start to take place. The lighter gaseous material start to form in the middle of this mass and starts to produce pressures that expand the interior. But not exactly in the center, as the center continues a contact with that "Other" reality we are not privy to know, and, continues to shine. That center is now locked into orbit around its Sun and begins its orbits.

At some point the central point (Central Sun, or Planet Seed I call it) will break free of the inside surface, leaving on the inside surface, ring like structures (Birth Marks), and the outer shell now is free to balance itself around the central point. The shell will continue to grow until the temperature drops down. Gravity starts to take form at this point. From the central point is a push, and the crust also has a push that hold the outer crust in place. Though it is said all planets have openings at their poles this may not be the case, some may have cooled sooner not allowing for openings.

So in short, Planets, like all other "heavenly" bodies, have individual beginnings, and are self generating. No factory, on this side of "Heaven" is needed. If you require "Evidence" of hollowness of a planet, look for the fairly large meteor impact sites that display Rebound. Those are the ones that seem to have many rings around the circumference of the crater. It shows the crust being pushed back into a spherical shape.
Nice Sci-Fi/Fantasy novel. But I could also say a bunch of random pseudo-science and make up my own creation myth as well. Try a science book, the people who write them wear white coats and have beakers and everything.

New age mumbo jumbo does not fly a satellite to Ceres.
Your quite certain of this???

For further research and study I provide the following links.

There are many more links to follow, if you have the mind to do so.

Not interested in Zacharia Sitchin or his ilk have to say. If you are vested in any way in the furtherment of the understanding of the universe, why not put all that effort into becoming an actual scientist, and making discoveries of your own? Subscribing to random mythologies does no one any good.
edit on 6-3-2015 by AshOnMyTomatoes because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: AthlonSavage
How long doe sit take the probe to orbit planet, how many hours is it away from light side? If Nasa is really saying we wont get any pictures till April then well that tells you everything you need to know then doesn't it.
Yes, it tells you that, as they have said in their press releases, some of the machinery that points the camera went out years ago during it's encounters with Mars and then Vesta, so first they have to spend the next few weeks stabilizing its orbit around Ceres then carefully, sparingly using its maneuvering thrusters to put it into a position where it can use its semi-crippled camera.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   
It's sad how almost every thread on ATS that is even vaguely related to science always ends up with a handful of rational people defending a shedful of delicate machinery from a mob with torches and pitchforks. I hate how anti-intellectual the US has become.
edit on 6-3-2015 by AshOnMyTomatoes because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance

They must have assumed that most people had the 3rd grade education required to understand the concept of an orbit.

That was extremely rude considering there are threads with all the written media on it only mentioning when Dawn gets closer we will see pictures of the spots. They never announced these specific dates that Dawn tweeted. Or did they and I am just a 3rd grader? Or is that you?

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: AshOnMyTomatoes

Yes, it tells you that, as they have said in their press releases, some of the machinery that points the camera went out years ago during it's encounters with Mars and then Vesta, so first they have to spend the next few weeks stabilizing its orbit around Ceres then carefully, sparingly using its maneuvering thrusters to put it into a position where it can use its semi-crippled camera.

Where are the press releases that stated we won't know what the bright spots are till the end of April? Why do you not bother to post them? You're not an intellectual, you're lazy, and a finger pointer.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: game over man

It was obvious what you meant but the they jumped on the literal use of your words and trolled. It was rude of them.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 07:25 PM
link   

That was extremely rude considering there are threads with all the written media on it only mentioning when Dawn gets closer we will see pictures of the spots. They never announced these specific dates that Dawn tweeted. Or did they and I am just a 3rd grader? Or is that you?
The camera that has been taking pictures is forward-facing. Now that Dawn has arrived at Ceres, a forward-facing camera will not be useful until A) orbiting maneuvers are finished (meaning it has stopped hurtling in a line through space and the craft is now moving in a circle around Ceres) and B) they can tilt Dawn to get it's camera to face the surface again. They mentioned that the camera doesn't have its full range of motion.

When they release pictures of the spots later, after all that has taken place, the sentence "when Dawn gets closer we will see pictures of the spots" will still be true.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: AshOnMyTomatoes

Where are the press releases that stated we won't know what the bright spots are till the end of April? Why do you not bother to post them? You're not an intellectual, you're lazy, and a finger pointer.
There isn't a press release that says we won't know what the bright spots are until April, because there's a press release that says we won't get pictures until April. They're just as curious about the spots as the rest of us, but they can't take pictures of it right away. Propellant is limited onboard, and they need to use it properly.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: ItalianDressing

I think a lot of people here are going to be sorely disappointed when the live images don't show any aliens.

Even if there was something there, they will just block it out like they do with any other images.

ID
They did block out stuff already. This >

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Bilk22

where did that photo come from do you have a link?

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   

a reply to: Bilk22

where did that photo come from do you have a link?

The first page of this thread LOL

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: AthlonSavage

They obviously blacked out something. I mean that looks like a Sharpie if I ever saw one. LOL

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join