It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dawn Arrives at Ceres: Coverage

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Bilk22

Ill be patient and wait for next round of photos. If we see the next round looking like that patch quilt photo, then well what can you do but laugh.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bilk22

originally posted by: ItalianDressing

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance
I think a lot of people here are going to be sorely disappointed when the live images don't show any aliens.

Even if there was something there, they will just block it out like they do with any other images.

ID
They did block out stuff already. This >

We're not going to get the truth in pictoral form or information, nor told about the much higher intelligence there, because that planet is in use.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: AthlonSavage
a reply to: Bilk22

Ill be patient and wait for next round of photos. If we see the next round looking like that patch quilt photo, then well what can you do but laugh.

I mean those black areas don't look like artifacts, do they?

I'm not sure where that poster got that image as he didn't provide a link.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Unity_99

I think a lot of people here are going to be sorely disappointed when the live images don't show any aliens.

Even if there was something there, they will just block it out like they do with any other images.

ID

We're not going to get the truth in pictoral form or information, nor told about the much higher intelligence there, because that planet is in use.
Who's using it?

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Answer
First images coming in now!

I thought I'd seen that before. That's Cone Crater on the Moon. Apollo 14's landing site. Matching pic is about halfway down the page. I used an image lookup and it turned up several matches. Let's try and get our ducks in a row here, guys.

THIS is a current map of Ceres's surface, complete with sparkly spots and everything.

edit on 6-3-2015 by AshOnMyTomatoes because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-3-2015 by AshOnMyTomatoes because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Unity_99

ID

Nope. No truth at all. A waste of millions of dollars. I mean, just look at that global map of Ceres I just posted! What's the point of that?

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: AshOnMyTomatoes

LOL busted. Good job! What a great memory you have!

The poster Answer is the one who claimed that it was the first image that came through without providing link or source. www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

LOL busted. Good job! What a great memory you have!

The poster Answer is the one who claimed that it was the first image that came through without providing link or source. www.abovetopsecret.com...
Well I knew something was odd, because I'd already seen the global map hours ago today during SLOOH's webcast about Dawn's arrival, and it was much higher res and showed everything. I think that other image is actually from the '70s.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: AgentSmith

Agent Smith? You presume a lot. How do you know your assessment of my intellect and abilities are accurate? You don't. You know nothing of me, by educational background, etc. You just think you do.

Assuming others are " click-bait sensationalist space conspiracy types" reflects on your lack of abilities to interact with those who challenge people just like yourself.

Get over yourself!

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Indoctrination. Unfolding a 60+ year old coverup of such magnitude cannot be done on Twitter. It would have to be a slow unveiling. Like showing a new planet, with a mysterious light...

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 12:06 AM
link   

This is a very old image from the Moon, faked up by someone to make it look like NASA did it. Here's the original image: www.hq.nasa.gov...

Linking or at least stating the source of images is very important.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 02:14 AM
link   

"New Age" is what we call people who reinterpret ancient mythology and scriptures in order to sell gullible people books and crystals.

We? You got a bunch of mice in your pocket? If I wanted to hear what all your teachers want to "Teach", I would be sitting in class next to you. I prefer to use my own mind, for a change. Uncluttered by Teachers who might have ulterior motives, or worse yet, are just teaching for a paycheck.. I'm sorry, I don't mean to discredit all teachers, there are some fantastic one out there, I knew a couple in my time. Ill get to Sitchin in a bit.

I don't understand this at all. Do you have any knowledge of modern astrophysics at all?

Yes, I do. And from what I have gathered, it is in as much movement, as our very own solar system. Black holes, no black holes, big bang, no big bang. Seems as soon as they come up with a theory "TO SELL", and have sold it, they come up with another, "TO SELL". I know you don't get it, but try anyways. Its a big con job. Its all about grant money, and speaking engagements. The product does not necessarily have to be accurate, it just has to, sell.

No scientific theory suggests stars "spit out" planets.
Go back about 40 years.

Nice Sci-Fi/Fantasy novel. But I could also say a bunch of random pseudo-science and make up my own creation myth as well. Try a science book, the people who write them wear white coats and have beakers and everything.

First, you asked for it, I shared it with you. They are not the thoughts of my teachers, guides, tutors, or anyone else. Its called intellectual creativity. Do you posses such a thing? Can you think for yourself? Share your personal thoughts with us as to where you "Think" planets come from. Your personal thought, not what you have been "Trained" to think.

Not interested in Zacharia Sitchin or his ilk have to say. If you are vested in any way in the furtherment of the understanding of the universe, why not put all that effort into becoming an actual scientist, and making discoveries of your own? Subscribing to random mythologies does no one any good.

Ahh yes, old Zach. He wrote some wild and crazy things I must admit, but he did a couple of things for me that was of great interest, he turned me onto to ancient Sumerian writings, and the word Nibiru. As it turns out, Nibiru was not a planet. It was a name of a water crossing.

“let Nibiru be the holder of the crossing place of the heaven and of the earth”.
trueancienthistory.blogspot.com...
So in the Hollow Earth theory, Nibiru is the area where the inner earth and outer earth meet.

You seem to be a bit confused about who actually makes discoveries. From my understanding, its your average lay person who has discovered the most over time. Scientists just come in to steal the glory lol lol lol. Besides that, the University of California is now reconsidering the roles of lay persons and scientists. And I quote:

Abstract
In this chapter, we argue that the process of scientific discovery is in many ways similar to the
process that the layperson uses to learn and evaluate predictive relationships, with the point that
that these techniques should be incorporated into models of scientific discovery.

1.0 Introduction: Everyday reasoning and scientific reasoning
The process of scientific discovery can be broken down into two interacting processes:

Hypothesis generation
, which we view as a bottom-up, data-driven process in which one
propose an explanation for some unexplained, unusual or unexpected occurrence in term of
some causal mechanism.

Hypothesis evaluation,
which we view as a top-down, theory-driven analysis in which one
evaluates a hypothesis against further data or against alternative hypotheses.
However, these component processes are not unique to science. In the course of learning to
master the environment, the layperson also performs these same activities. Thus, we claim that
progress on understanding the process of scientific discovery can be aided by understanding
discovery in the layperson.
citeseerx.ist.psu.edu...

So you might understand this part, Ill explain, Take a lesson from the Layperson, and in our present debate, that's me. Why should I become a scientist??? I love being a Iconoclast

Mythologies do no one any good? What good does "Astrophysics" do for me? I study both, I compare, I reason, I read, I calculate, I observe, I research, what more does a "Scientist" do that I do not?

So, please share your personal theory of planet formation, and I will promise to consider, kindly. Go for it big guy, lets see what your made of.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 06:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
a reply to: lostbook
Here's a direct link to the Slooh community observatory live stream for when it starts...It's saying 6PM GMT for those in UK/EU right now. so 2 and a half hours from me clicking 'reply'

GMT does not cover Europe any more than PST covers USA

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: wildespace

This is a very old image from the Moon, faked up by someone to make it look like NASA did it. Here's the original image: www.hq.nasa.gov...

Linking or at least stating the source of images is very important.

It was a joke... I did that.

I think most people got it.

Edited to add: I see that there were several people who thought I posted a legitimate picture of Ceres... I took an old image of the moon and made some very obvious MS Paint modifications to it. I thought it would be an obvious joke but I guess I should have put a picture of Marvin the Martian or something. My apologies to anyone who thought it was legitimate.
edit on 3/7/2015 by Answer because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: ziplock9000
Is that all you had to contribute to this thread, really?
I said UK/EU regarding GMT because the average EU person knows it is just plus 1 or 2 hours depending on where you are in the EU. I imagine not many folk in the EU know what the +/- is for PST on a different continent.
I was just trying to be helpful, sheesh, some folk.

edit on 7.3.2015 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   

a reply to: ziplock9000
Is that all you had to contribute to this thread, really?
I said UK/EU regarding GMT because the average EU person knows it is just plus 1 or 2 hours depending on where you are in the EU. I imagine not many folk in the EU know what the +/- is for PST on a different continent.
I was just trying to be helpful, sheesh, some folk.

Agreed, It's far easier to work out in Europe from gmt than whatever American timezone, WKD? WD40?

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific
All a moot point now though, I watched an hour or so, but it was mostly chit-chat between scientists, didn't see any 'new' images, hope we get to see some soon.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   

a reply to: nonspecific
All a moot point now though, I watched an hour or so, but it was mostly chit-chat between scientists, didn't see any 'new' images, hope we get to see some soon.

Dawn entered orbit more on the dark side, so the images for now would be just a crescent limb. Over the next several days, Dawn's orbit will begin to take it around to the fully sunlit side.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Why isn't Ceres add up to the nine planets of our solar system. ? Does a dwarf planet not count as a real planet or something?

First they call it an asteroid now they call it a dwarf planet .
I would say if its spherical and has a certain mass and size you could label those bodies as planets or moons when orbiting planets. I mean look at deimos and phobos they look more asteroid then moons to me..?
edit on 0b12America/ChicagoSat, 07 Mar 2015 12:01:12 -0600vAmerica/ChicagoSat, 07 Mar 2015 12:01:12 -06001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0bserver1
Why isn't Ceres add up to the nine planets of our solar system. ? Does a dwarf planet not count as a real planet or something?

First they call it an asteroid now they call it a dwarf planet .
I would say if its spherical and has a certain mass and size you could label those bodies as planets or moons when orbiting planets. I mean look at deimos and phobos they look more asteroid then moons to me..?

One of the key definitions for a planet is that is has "cleared its neighbourhood" of other similarly-sized objects, i.e. it is gravitationally dominant in its orbit. This is not the case for Ceres, as it's sharing its orbital neighbourhood with asteroids in the asteroid belt. Same goes for Pluto and the Kuiper belt.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join