It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rant - The Clintons and the Compromising of US Intelligence

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

originally posted by: boymonkey74
a reply to: queenofswords

How many security contractors were killed during Bushes term?.
Oh and to say this isn't political bias is just laughable.

No idea. Tell us. Another obfuscation.

You like the word "obfuscation" a lot....did you read your own OP?

Now would be the time to tell you that Secretary of State John Kerry is the FIRST US Secretary of State to conduct all of his Government email Communications through a Government Account vs. Personal.

And that is under the demands of Pres. Obama...that sneaky bastard! agreeing emails should be preserved!

And maybe we can mention that Pres. Bush's entire cabinet used personal emails?

But the sky is falling now? Right? Cuz it's that demoness HILLARY

edit on 5-3-2015 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

Check them out. Go ahead. I have thoroughly researched every point you listed, but, you should do the same by all means.

They are totally related, imo, and others' opinions as well. I promise you I am not the only one seeing it. If you don't see it or at least be concerned enough to look into the possibility, then what can I say.

Truth: Hillary Clinton had a server in her home and used her own privately controlled email [email protected] going against government requirements.

Truth: Obama turned a blind eye to her negligence.

Truth: Benghazi happened under her watch and four Americans were killed.

Truth: She lied about the cause of the attack.

Truth: She was friends with Saul Alinsky and did her thesis work on him. He advocates the tenet that the ends justify the means.

Truth: The Bill, Hillary, and Chelsea Clinton Foundation took in millions of dollars from FOREIGN GOVERNMENTS during her tenure as Secy. of State.

Truth: Bill Clinton sold us out to China when he was prez.

IMO, it's their family way (that one may be opinion rather than actual fact.)

OPINION: She is up to no good, is a power-hungry elitist, and has taken money in exchange for favors.

edit on 5-3-2015 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

How many security contractors were killed during Bushes term?.
Oh and to say this isn't political bias is just laughable.

No idea. Tell us. Another obfuscation.

You like the word "obfuscation" a lot....did you read your own OP?

Now would be the time to tell you that Secretary of State John Kerry is the FIRST US Secretary of State to conduct all of his Government email Communications through a Government Account vs. Personal.

And that is under the demands of Pres. Obama...that sneaky bastard! agreeing emails should be preserved!

And maybe we can mention that Pres. Bush's entire cabinet used personal emails?

But the sky is falling now? Right? Cuz it's that demoness HILLARY

Obama issued the directive in 2009, the year Hillary was sworn in as Secy. of State. I would hope Kerry is being a good boy and doing as he is told, unlike his predecessor.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Anybody that needs to begin every sentence with "Truth:"...is right up there with salesman that say "Trust me".

Your OP connects dots in Glen Beck fashion...even the Saul Alinsky nonsense..

No offense but ...Yawn...and that is a non-partisan "Yawn"

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Who do you think provided the Chinese all of our nuclear secrets, bomb designs, et cetera, et cetera...

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

Then move along. Thank you for the compliment. I may not see eye to eye on everything Glenn Beck puts out there, but I do admire him in many ways.

BTW, the Saul Alinsky stuff is the Truth. ( I know....the Truth hurts.)

edit on 5-3-2015 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   

I get what you are saying. While reading your post and some of the replies this thought occurred to me:

When an average joe/jane breaks the law, bends the rules or does something that is obviously questionable that person has the consequences come down on them like a hammer. They have no chance for explanations or no chance for excuses. Other people generally assume what they did is true and support the consequences society dictates them.

When a politician breaks the law, bends the rules or does something obviously questionable that politician avoids the consequences like jackie chan fighting off 20 people. They have the chance to give explanations and excuses. Other people look for rival politicians that have done similar things and say "hey this fool did it too so it doesn't matter why my horse did what it did!".

I hate this type of behavior. It deprives our society of true accountability and justice.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Now is not the time to let a defeatist attitude take over.

Pitchforks and torches anyone? LOL w/irony

There's only one way to get to the truth. That way cannot be found within the law. An investigation would be expensive and fruitless.

Sorry if that sounds blunt ... I don't really mean for it to.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Elton

The dots....please....the dots. Please stick with the OP's material.

I replied directly to a question asked in the OP.
It is silly to ask a question then claim I'm off topic for answering it...

:/

No one said "off topic" they said you are "obfuscating." I can see how they might sound similar, so I'll let you off with a stern warning.
stop sticking your #ing head in the sand.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   

How easy would it be for a foreign government to hack or just use a thumb drive to download something off Hillary's computer located along with the server IN HER HOUSE! (with or without her knowledge and approval)?

With the correct security procedures in place, difficult to nearly impossible.

Given the current information being passed around on social media and mainstream news, I am guessing that the system was probably built by a highly-skilled professional, and that it was hardened internally, and protected externally with a high-level IDS / IPS, Firewall, and advanced threat detection system.

Physical access, given the security detail that follows the Clinton's everywhere, would make the USB drive theory less likely.

Either way, it would take a team of highly-skilled operators to pull off the task, and for what?

I believe the results that Anonymous, and several other groups, have produced in the past would speak against the pretense that the email would have, necessarily, been more secure on a state.gov server.

It is not out of the realm of possibility that the system was hardened beyond the abilities of large government operations to maliciously access.

I submit, for your review, Edward Snowden:

www.theverge.com...

You can do most of this yourself without a lot of technical knowhow:

www.makeuseof.com...

And, for the truly paranoid:

www.openbsd.org...

So no, in the grander scheme of things, this did not compromise US Security or intelligence. Ambassador's with Droid phones and tablets are a larger security risk, on a non-stop daily basis, than anything Mrs. Clinton may or may not have done, specifically referencing the email server in question.

edit on 6-3-2015 by sstech because: Spelling

edit on 6-3-2015 by sstech because: Spelling

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Everything I have read is saying that it was built more for personal privacy rather than security and that Clinton’s email wouldn’t have had the benefit of any of the expensive government security. Investigations in the days ahead may shed more light on just what her homebrew system was.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I ran a basic check. I haven't seen this information posted publicly anywhere, not in the news, social media, or this site, so I thought I would share it.

I have no way of proving whether or not the current setup reflects the setup employed while Mrs. Clinton was SOS, but this could be an issue well outside of the hosting of the email server and the other questions that have been brought up in the two, currently running...we'll call them discussions...on ATS.

The MX lookup for clintonemail.com points to 2 different MXLocic.net server arrays.

MXLogic is owned by McAfee. It is a cloud based Software as a Service anti-spam and email virus scanning service that provides, what is commonly referred to as, continuity.

Continuity, in this regards, means that if the email server or internet connection to the email server goes down, the emails are collected on the cloud server array, and then forwarded once the email server or internet connection come back up. Very useful for businesses. Perhaps, somewhat problematic for highly-classified emails and documents.

The first thing that came to my mind was, I sell a virtually identical service to my customers. The server arrays are named differently, but it is the McAfee SaaS service, just white labeled by my companies vendor.

Anyways, my point is that all email that is sent to and from clintonemail.com will pass through this server array. Outbound emails are sent through the service to provide email Blacklist protection in the event that a email domain user computer or server is infected with any type of mass mailing worm.

I believe, and I would have to check with my account manager to verify this, that if the emails were encrypted on the sending and receiving side, the SaaS provider would only be able to, by necessity, see the meta data in the emails header.

If it was not encrypted on both ends, there may be a small issue of confidential or classified emails being sent through a non-government service that could view the content of the emails, plain text.

So, if anyone wants to focus on a serious flaw in an otherwise non-issue story, that is probably where I would start asking questions.

You can verify this for yourself:

mxtoolbox.com...

This is a link to the MXLogic.net site.

mxlogic.net...

Happy hunting.

-B
edit on 6-3-2015 by sstech because: Punctuation.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   

I ran a check on the state.gov MX record as well. My thinking, upon cursory review, is that the state.gov email system is not as well maintained or secured as many would like to pretend that it is.

Check for yourself:

mxtoolbox.com...

It actually looks like the domain is Blacklisted by CASA CBL, which is a Chineese based Anti-Spam / Blacklist service.

This link has some basic information about that organization.

mxtoolbox.com...

Never mind. I answered my own questions. It would appear the server in question was not located in her home, and that she may have actually had implicit permission to use this setup.

Somewhat technical, but very revealing:

www.zdnet.com...

-B
edit on 6-3-2015 by sstech because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-3-2015 by sstech because: Additional Research Information.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   

First off, please don't make this a partisan issue

This is just like "I'm not a racist but"

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Mountain out of a molehill this is.
I'm sure the NSA have copies of all the emails so everything is good.

Yes I agree, and I doubt that the Chinese didn't get anything that they didn't want to give them. For whatever reasons. In reality, who gives a potential enemy, super weapons that cant be compromised In other words its redundant. Like the stealth bomber, cost billions, and can be tracked by infra red satellites. Its exhaust signature should look like railway tracks.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Privacy is security. And yes, I'm sure the former president and first lady used the Geek Squad to set up their home server and not the highest order of technology available to protect both their security and privacy, which undoubtedly equals or exceeds the "expensive government security" you speak of. Eyeroll.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

Privacy is security. And yes, I'm sure the former president and first lady used the Geek Squad to set up their home server and not the highest order of technology available to protect both their security and privacy, which undoubtedly equals or exceeds the "expensive government security" you speak of. Eyeroll.

Eyeroll back at'cha. We'll see in the days ahead....maybe. I have read a couple of sources explaining their system, and from what I read, it was not exactly state-of-the-art security centric. But, you're probably right. The little Geek Squad Volkswagen probably did not roll up in the driveway to set them up. But...who knows?

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Knowing how the "Clintons" are, I bet the email system was a cheapskate, schlock operation.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 02:10 AM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

If fools are the only ones that use google, than what web searcher do you use? I usually use google and seem to always get good results for most of my searches....

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Lol @ Americans.

So easily kept ignorant and bitterly divided.

You make it so simple for the TPTB to manipulate and control you

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join