It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Real UFO video taken? Indiana: 3/4/2015

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Saw this and thought it might be worth some attention.

Was posted on reddit/r/ufos last night. A users friend's sister shot this. Seems like the real deal at a glance without seeing edited shots or anything touched up.

Video: twitter.com...

The lights are seen passing behind trees and buildings, not a reflection. Nothing else in sight that indicated the lights are an airplane, "stadium" lights or other. Appears to be stationary banks of light hovering in air. The video is short but above average for a UFO video.

It appears there is something on the ground below the UFO and a light (or object?) is seen in several frames of the video.

Here is a link to a 3x zoom of the lights from two different frames.

i.imgur.com...

Any thoughts? Can anyone enhance the scene to tell what we've got here?

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: SovereignZuul

Pretty obvious from watching the video that it is a plane with it's lights on and moving towards the person filming. The pics make it look as if it is moving from left to right, but the video is much clearer that it is moving towards the camera and is a plane with lights. You can even see right at the end that there are 3 lights, one on each wingtip and one in the center.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 08:59 AM
link   

If you watch the video, you notice the "UFO" is moving exactly the same speed the car is going. Almost as if it's a reflection on the Window. Almost.
edit on 5-3-2015 by network dude because: got tricked by the old Window bug.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Motion blur and possibly the sun/moon breaking through an overcast sky?

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Cool. It looks like no plane I've ever seen. Those lights are incredibly bright. Why would lights like that be needed on a plane, especially in broad daylight? I'm wondering if there's a runway nearby.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: donktheclown
Cool. It looks like no plane I've ever seen. Those lights are incredibly bright. Why would lights like that be needed on a plane, especially in broad daylight? I'm wondering if there's a runway nearby.

They are landing lights.....if you watch the video it is pretty obvious the plane is moving towards the camera, or facing the camera. It is low to the ground and has it's landing lights on.

Here are a couple pics of planes with landing lights.....

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: donktheclown

There is a reason, though I've never seen lights like that on a plane and I used to work at BDL as a bag chucker. Seen plenty of planes land at night working 2nd/3rd shift and never that many lights on one. The gear lights of a plane are extremely bright. I don't rule out a plane but it doesn't look like one to me, given my experience in seeing them close up first hand on a daily basis...

---------------------

Also, anyone who says reflections, lol. I didn't know reflections on glass 1 foot away could pass behind objects 50 feet away, haha.
edit on 5-3-2015 by SovereignZuul because: spelling goof

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: donktheclown

I'm wondering if there's a runway nearby.

Good question.

Those lights are incredibly bright. Why would lights like that be needed on a plane, especially in broad daylight?

Landing lights maybe?

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Cool. It looks like no plane I've ever seen. Those lights are incredibly bright. Why would lights like that be needed on a plane, especially in broad daylight?

Those are landing lights and are always turned on when it is close to an airport. They are especially visible when the airplane is facing the camera.

Incredibly bright, yes!

Do we know where exactly Jasmine took the video? Is there an airport nearby?
edit on 5-3-2015 by elevenaugust because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Pretty obvious from watching the video that it is a plane with it's lights on and moving towards the person filming.

You would think so however we get multiple threads and sightings like this asking what it is and saying I have never seen a plane like this before.

You can even see right at the end that there are 3 lights, one on each wingtip and one in the center.

That was where the obvious part comes in is suggesting its obviously a plane.

Listening to the girls scream Ahh its a UFO sound really fake and like she is acting or joking and reading some of the comments by the uploader make me suspect they are attempting to trick people and know quite well its a plane.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Thats exactly what it is.
you can see its a plane at the end of the vid

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: EyesOpenMouthShut

Thats exactly what it is.
you can see its a plane at the end of the vid

Yep....you can even see the wings and fuselage of the plane in the last frame of the video.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: SovereignZuul

A users friend's sister shot this. Seems like the real deal

"A users friend's sister" huh?

Have u no shame?

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I would say a plane. I remember when myself and my friends encountered the same thing. The only difference was that it was coming right at us. Only thing we could see were the lights...We were like omg what is that??? About half a minute later, when it came close, we could see the shape of an airplane

And yes...it can clearly be seen right at the end of the video. It would be good though, if you were able to find out where exactly this was filmed and then check if there are any airports nearby just to get the plane claim verified...

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I was north of South Bend In a few years ago at night and saw the massive triangle stopped the car and jumped out and 3 planes were lined up perfect to look like one from 15 miles away. Exciting then heartbreaking

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Landing lights maybe?
a reply to: InhaleExhale

Wow, I just can't imagine lights bright enough to obscure the entire craft like that. Especially one that is that far away. I dunno.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   

The trouble with this subject ufo believers ALWAYS go for ufo first and NEVER seem to remember seeing possible simple day to day reasons for such things, I cannot really believe that members here have NEVER EVER seen an aircraft approach an airport with their lights like this, as for the member claiming to work at an airport and saying they have never seen aircraft like this well all I can say is

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Landing lights maybe?

Wow, I just can't imagine lights bright enough to obscure the entire craft like that. Especially one that is that far away. I dunno.

It's a phone video so not good quality and how far away is it to you?

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Thank you for responding. I think you would agree that unlike in the video, the fuselages in those pics are clearly visible, no?

a reply to: elevenaugust

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Landing lights maybe?

Exposure & Contrast are the reason and phone cameras aren't really good in low light whatever the makers claim low light and small sensors are not a good combination!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join