It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus' house discovered

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 08:03 AM
link   
So no 'Jesus was here' notation on the wall? dammit, have to find some other way of raising house price's in that area.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xeven
Jesus was an amazing man for his time. Amazing that people base their entire life and "after life" on human remembrance of the teachings and loosely accurate scriptures of a cave dweller or cave man. Shows how well Jesus understood human psychology.

Jesus lived in the equivalent of a cave.

I'm not religious or spiritual at all, and I'm not even certain (no one truly is) that Jesus was a real human being, but it's not about where someone lives, it's how they live that matters.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 08:08 AM
link   
I wonder if and when they open the house up for us Tourist will they sell Jesus Finger bones in singles, or will we need to buy a box of 10.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc

originally posted by: roth1

originally posted by: arpgme
a reply to: Kantzveldt

This is great evidence that Jesus is real. Did they find any ancient writings in the house or area?
What evidence? An old hose in a village from back then that might have been his. You are assuming him first and attributing the house to him.

This. It's just an old house in a village from around the time Jesus allegedly lived. There is no evidence of any sort that he actually lived there.
Yes, this may have been simply a medieval tourist site, but there also seems to be an oral history attached to it that cannot be completely dismissed. As ironic as it may be, the poster who spoke of finding the latrine presented what might be the best bet. There are those who claim to come from the line of Christ. Wouldn't it cause a fuss if an association could be made between a claimant and that 'old house'.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
a reply to: Gideon70

Here is a thought, it's called courtesy maybe you should try it instead of being yet another mouth breather using up oxygen.

Which particular individual was I being discourteous to ???

Making personal remarks violates the T&C's.
Be mindful of your replies.
edit on 4-3-2015 by Gideon70 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gideon70

Isnt funny how the followers of this mumbo jumbo

I changed my post... Maybe you should try not demeaning/insulting 2 billion people roughly just because you have an axe to grind.

If you don't believe that's fine, question the historical relevance, no problem, start off insulting the belifs of roughly 2 billion people and some folks are going to have an issue with that.
edit on 4-3-2015 by Irishhaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: pikestaff
So no 'Jesus was here' notation on the wall? dammit, have to find some other way of raising house price's in that area.

Maybe there are some weight-relieving chambers above the main room, and in there we'll find a tiny bit scribble of his name. I mean, that's enough to attribute the Great Pyramid to Khufu, so...

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

They used to consider there wasn't any actual village of Nazareth in the 1st century but that changed in 2009 when another house was excavated at Nazareth and that did date to the 1st century, so no longer any doubts really.

a reply to: Krazysh0t

Like i said I think if you go to any village were a famous person was from even a few centuries later and ask which house they were born in chances are you'll be reliably informed, not the sort of thing people forget.

a reply to: Blackmarketeer

You've got that the wrong way around, the Church wasn't hidden in a home or cave but rather the Church was built above the home to protect it, like i mentioned there were quite a few examples in the Medieval church of building similar replica Holy Houses within shrines.
edit on Kam33162vAmerica/ChicagoWednesday0431 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kantzveldt
No not really there was the recorded tradition, like i said if a very famous person comes from a village everyone is going to remember which house he lived in for centuries, so i think it quite likely the early church identified the correct location, it's not just a random house that's been excavated but the traditional site.

But at the time that Jesus lived, there's absolutely no evidence that he was "a very famous person," especially at the time that he lived in Nazareth.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 08:37 AM
link   

I changed my post... Maybe you should try not demeaning/insulting 2 billion people roughly just because you have an axe to grind.

If you don't believe that's fine, question the historical relevance, no problem, start off insulting the belifs of roughly 2 billion people and some folks are going to have an issue with that.

Since your initial insult , I really don't care what your thoughts are .

Since the existance of a single holy deity cannot be even remotely proven, then it stands to reason that anything to do with said subject must also be viewed that way.

I really couldn't care less that my views upset certain individuals especially those with unfounded and occasionally delusional beliefs.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Like i said I think if you go to any village were a famous person was from even a few centuries later and ask which house they were born in chances are you'll be reliably informed, not the sort of thing people forget.

That is a cop out. There is no archaeological evidence to corroborate the claims of the villagers. Basically the story goes that these people came to the town a few hundred years after Jesus lived and the townspeople told them it was Jesus' home. Yet no physical evidence is produced to corroborate their claim. My account would be just as likely as your account. Prove that this wasn't a hoax from the villagers to boost their local economy.

Why is YOUR claim necessarily true but no others are? You have no more evidence for your claim than any other. It's all he said, she said stuff. History verifies accounts with more than just testimonials.
edit on 4-3-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

originally posted by: NavyDoc

This is great evidence that Jesus is real. Did they find any ancient writings in the house or area?
What evidence? An old hose in a village from back then that might have been his. You are assuming him first and attributing the house to him.

This. It's just an old house in a village from around the time Jesus allegedly lived. There is no evidence of any sort that he actually lived there.
Yes, this may have been simply a medieval tourist site, but there also seems to be an oral history attached to it that cannot be completely dismissed. As ironic as it may be, the poster who spoke of finding the latrine presented what might be the best bet. There are those who claim to come from the line of Christ. Wouldn't it cause a fuss if an association could be made between a claimant and that 'old house'.

There is an oral history surrounding the Shroud of Turin too, but it has all but been proven to be a forgery. Oral history means squat in the absence of physical evidence. Especially for a tall claim like Jesus' existence.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

The earliest of the Gospels were written in the first century when one assumes he still had family living there, so if having testimony written about someone from the village being proclaimed as the Son of God would not have gone unnoticed i'm sure and the house would have acquired notoriety, if that's the right word, in the local area.

It's obviously not my claim, but i find it credible knowing that country folk have long memories.

edit on Kam33162vAmerica/ChicagoWednesday0431 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Since your initial insult , I really don't care what your thoughts are .

Since the existance of a single holy deity cannot be even remotely proven, then it stands to reason that anything to do with said subject must also be viewed that way.

I really couldn't care less that my views upset certain individuals especially those with unfounded and occasionally delusional beliefs.

So youcan prove god doesn't exist then, please sir expound on this amazing revelation, I yearn to be educated.

You sir delivered the first insult and just doubled down on it.

There has been a laundry list of things in history that scientists believed were there long before they could prove it.... Just saying.

Edit: I am done with derailing this thread.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 08:50 AM
link   

It's obviously not my claim, but i find it credible knowing that country folk have long memories.

That doesn't make it credible though. It just means that the country folk have likely been repeating a lie for so long that the origin of the lie has been lost to time resulting in the villagers believing the lie as truth.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

I suggest you go and read my post again. You will clearly see that i didn't write that I could prove that your mythical being does not exist, nor would i want to waste a single second in attempting to do so.
A typical tactic by your kind to bend the truth .

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
I wonder if and when they open the house up for us Tourist will they sell Jesus Finger bones in singles, or will we need to buy a box of 10.

LOL. Watch the Blackadder episode "The Archbishop." There is a scene were they go through the piles of "Holy Relics" and have boxes of finger bones.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 09:08 AM
link   
This is so tiresome....

Even if ( a big if ) it could be proven that a guy called Jesus lived in that cave house, it in no way proves that A: He was the son of a mythical deity and B : It in no way proves that said mythical deity exists.
Let's get this clear from the start before all you believers start sprouting " We told you so ".

So again , what's the big deal ???

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
There is an oral history surrounding the Shroud of Turin too, but it has all but been proven to be a forgery. Oral history means squat in the absence of physical evidence. Especially for a tall claim like Jesus' existence.

I would certainly not bet the farm on oral history alone. But...I would keep it in my back pocket as part of a toolkit. Lots of historians and researchers have set themselves up...may I submit a recent example in a Canadian context?

edit on 4-3-2015 by JohnnyCanuck because: video didn't work.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   

This is the thing. A house is found, the rest is just wishful thinking.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join