It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey theorists, if my views often match Gov views, do u trust me

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 02:59 AM
link   
The whole thing is corrupt. Tell me about a politician that does not take money for their vote. They work for rich elite and corporations. Not those that voted them in. The majority. They sabotage everything with pork. Half the time they can't decide how to vote without the bribes. Want to vote for something but something bad is tagged on to it. We need to get rid of pork, bribery and have publicly, evenly funded elections.( screw the funding, don't give them money, give them air time. )

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 03:14 AM
link   
a reply to: roth1

Ron Paul

is not corrupt

All that people would need to do is find a man like him.

Is that so hard ??

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 03:20 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 03:24 AM
link   
a reply to: LotToTell2

If you want to get down and dirty hardcore tin-foil hat wearing conspiracy theorist mode, then you should know Ron Paul has Freemasonic links. Also, his wife and daughters are members of the Eastern Star. I asked some guy about Ron Paul once and he sent me a word document of information he had been collecting on the guy that he felt was evidence of Ron Paul being controlled opposition. Just thought you may find that interesting. Personally, my opinion is that being a Freemason (or being closely connected with them) doesn't necessarily mean you're an evil corrupt scumbag. I know it doesn't.

edit on 3-4-2015 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 03:41 AM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

Ron Paul as controlled opposition ?

I don't believe it

Controlled opposition has to have a following, has to have some power.

Ron Paul is just an old man who nobody was listening to EVER.

Ron Paul is sort of like me, I talk and talk, but ultimately it means nothing, I can't stop evil, I can't even slow it down. I can see world war 3 coming and I can see myself dying even before it gets here.

And so what ?

It means nothing...

I do plan to ask God when I die, DUDE, what was the bloody point, pointless life, pointless everything, all I did was suffer and was called lunatic by other people.

I hope God doesn't answer back

"good, your jail time is finished you EX bad man"

edit on 4-3-2015 by LotToTell2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 03:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer

I don't trust the government 100% of the time. I trust most conspiracy theorists even less. As with anything for me, it's a case by case basis. I try to remain critical and objective. Truth is there are a lot of things I simply don't and will never know. There are at least two sides to every story. While I may have feelings one way or another on any given conspiracy theory, feelings don't equate to facts. I guess if you want to know more about my views on that you'd have to ask me about specific theories.

Heresy!

Burn him!

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Hey theorists, if my views often match Gov views, do u trust me

I am not a theorist for a number of reasons but I do not like how close, theorists and terrorist look grammatically. I specifically do not trust viewpoints from individuals that conform to the statist viewpoint mainly because that is the viewpoint with the best funded PR apparatus. Nothing against any individual though.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 04:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

Lol!

Ok ok you got me.. Michael Jackson was an Illuminati sacrifice.

All the clues are in symbolic gestures hidden in Thriller dance moves.

..Phew.. feels good to finally admit that.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 04:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: LotToTell2

Ron Paul as controlled opposition ?

I don't believe it

I'm not saying he is or isn't controlled opposition, or otherwise "one of them". Honestly I don't even pay that close attention to politics. I do still have that word document though, if you're interested in it U2U me. It's 44 pages long.

Controlled opposition has to have a following, has to have some power.

Ron Paul is just an old man who nobody was listening to EVER.

He had a pretty big following around 2008 if I recall, and I don't doubt still has a large fan base. Plenty of people were listening to him.. or at least plenty of people around here were always talking about him.

Ron Paul is sort of like me, I talk and talk, but ultimately it means nothing, I can't stop evil, I can't even slow it down. I can see world war 3 coming and I can see myself dying even before it gets here.

And so what ?

It means nothing...

Don't let it get to you. I used to be heavily into the whole New World Order conspiracy theories. While I don't disregard it in it's entirety, a lot of views I used to hold have changed as I got older and more critical. I'll leave it at that since I don't want to write a huge post about my journey down the rabbit hole.

I do plan to ask God when I die, DUDE, what was the bloody point, pointless life, pointless everything, all I did was suffer and was called lunatic by other people.

I hope God doesn't answer back

Again, don't let it get to you. Trust me, it will eat you up during sleepless nights. Life is only as pointless as you make it. Also, not to make light of your suffering but there is always someone who is suffering more. As for God answering back, my personal opinion is that he will not. Religion is just another conspiracy in my opinion.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 04:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer

Don't let it get to you. I used to be heavily into the whole New World Order conspiracy theories. While I don't disregard it in it's entirety, a lot of views I used to hold have changed as I got older and more critical. I'll leave it at that.

ohhh that's cute

are you one of those Agreeing with government type of guys

and you are consoling me ?

That would be pretty cute

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 04:26 AM
link   

That's funny. I never said anything about agreeing or disagreeing with the government all the time. You seem quick to put me in a sheeple category because I said I don't believe all the same conspiracy theories I used to. At no point did I name any specific conspiracies or my opinions on them. You really have no idea what I think or believe. All you have are your assumptions.

edit on 3-4-2015 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 04:28 AM
link   

a reply to: roth1

Ron Paul

is not corrupt

All that people would need to do is find a man like him.

Is that so hard ??
Yeah, he is one of the better ones.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 04:53 AM
link   
This thread demonstrates perfectly why so many people fall for the 'mainstream' conspiracy theories like chemtrails, vaccines, Apollo, etc.
Just because someone (the government) might get caught lying with their pants down sometimes doesn't mean everything is a lie. This is why I ensure I learn as much as possible about various subjects while building a solid foundation in the fundamentals of science. This way I can make my own decisions without relying on someone that may be potentially corrupt to provide my opinion, whichever side their on - I can actually form my own opinion.

Most believers of mainstream conspiracy theories, often even through their own admission, don't have the required knowledge to actually form an independent opinion. Their thought process comprises of a complete distrust of anything they consider to be 'official' and makes them susceptible to manipulation by individuals or groups promoting an alternative, rebellious, viewpoint.

Just because we don't like or trust the person or organisation telling us something, doesn't automatically make everything they say irrelevant or false. This is why it's important to spend less time browsing websites with alternative views and building a solid foundation over years coupled with an ability to continue learning and adapting indefinitely in order to form a true independent opinion.
For instance for science based topics like the physics of 9/11, the moon landings, chemtrails, vaccines, etc it is important to build a solid knowledge base in fundamental sciences to actually be able to understand them on a meaningful level. You simply can't learn enough to make an opinion by watching some YouTube videos or by going on tainted 'alternative theory' websites which provide a biased and manipulative opinion.

Anyone without the required education (and you don't need to formally do a course, many materials for degrees for instance are all available for free online) simply cannot have the understanding required. This is why they are so easy to manipulate and the classic conspiracy theories manage to get such a large following. The people perpetrating them, making a ton of money and fame in doing so, usually do have a high enough education to allow them to manipulate 'normal' people in quite seemingly ingenious ways. But as soon as you tear yourself away from it long enough to spend serious time gaining the knowledge to form your own true opinion you'll find the curtain falls away and the man is revealed.

Bottom line is you can't trust anyone on either 'side', you can only trust yourself. Fact is though wherever anyone likes it or not, once you start to truly understand the topic yourself without relying on a 'cheat sheet' provided some conspiracy website designed to make you sound smart to uneducated people - quite often the mainstream theories are complete and utter bunk.
Of course, this coincides with the 'official' line in some cases.
Going round believing everything you are told by any official body without question is as dumb as not believing everything you are told by them, but the same goes whatever the source.
edit on 4-3-2015 by AgentSmith because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 05:37 AM
link   
a reply to: AgentSmith

Going round believing everything you are told by any official body without question is as dumb as not believing everything you are told by them, but the same goes whatever the source.

Flawless circular logic there AgentSmith, way to represent.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

The conclusion was actually much more interesting, conspiracists are seeing anomalies in the "official" story and are attacking the "official" story because of that. So the base of believes of conspiracists are that the "official" story isn`t strong enough to be believed, making that the "official" story tends to be rather weak in some cases.

It`s not about theories that are often extremely vague, it`s actual more about the "official" explanations not being strong enough to uphold enough merit. And when the "official" explanations are not strong enough, it`s absolutely justifiable to go look for alternative explanations.

It makes that advocates of the "official" story fail to make valid enough arguments to make their case strong enough to be believed in many cases, and makes that the "official" story isn`t as strong as they are presented to be.

So when the "official" stories are not strong enough, they are not strong enough to uphold the status which are given to them, and by so it`s the failure on the side of the conventionalists to make their cases strong enough to be believed and not at the side of the conspiracists to make theirs being believable, but the opposite is the normal by conventionalists, that is, they tend to attack the weakness of the conspiracy theories, while they are just theories, where as the "official" stories ought to be the truth and by so should be indisputable which they don`t seem to be.

edit on 4 3 2015 by BornAgainAlien because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: AgentSmith
This thread demonstrates perfectly why so many people fall for the 'mainstream' conspiracy theories like chemtrails,

well when it comes to chemtrails

you could simply look up in the sky

and you could also think back to 70s and 80s and remember how a real CONTRAIL looked like and compare it to modern day CHEMTRAIL

you know, some people use their own eyes and brain to figure stuff out

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: machineintelligence

Flawless circular logic there AgentSmith, way to represent.

You clearly missed the point, which is you should learn enough of core subjects to form your own opinions without completely relying on someone else to give you one. And that sometimes or even often, these opinions will obviously correlate with an 'official' view/explanation.
When lacking the knowledge or ability oneself to form an independent opinion on something, dismissing an idea purely because it is supported by an 'official' standpoint is frankly, retarded. It doesn't mean it will always be right, but sticking one's fingers in their ears going 'lalalalala' seems to be the stand that most conspiracy followers seem to take unless they're hearing or reading something they consider to be against the mainstream.

History is full of the rise and fall of governments and institutions with people revolting, and every time corrupt people insidiously infiltrate the new foundations of society to fulfil their own goals. However if it wasn't for some sort of order and progress we wouldn't have advanced as much as we have. Every time we take three steps forward we end up taking one back, but we're still moving ahead.

Hitler liked animals, should we all start hating animals because Hitler was bad so everything he did was bad?
Is everyone that likes animals like Hitler?
Should we ignore anyone that likes animals because Hitler did so they must be like him?

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: AgentSmith
This thread demonstrates perfectly why so many people fall for the 'mainstream' conspiracy theories like chemtrails,

well when it comes to chemtrails

you could simply look up in the sky

and you could also think back to 70s and 80s and remember how a real CONTRAIL looked like and compare it to modern day CHEMTRAIL

you know, some people use their own eyes and brain to figure stuff out

Yes quite, which is why I don't believe in Chemtrails.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 08:12 AM
link   

However if it wasn't for some sort of order and progress we wouldn't have advanced as much as we have.

So it means, whatever the order might be it`s cool, because we are going ahead because of it ?
edit on 4 3 2015 by BornAgainAlien because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 08:15 AM
link   

a reply to: Phage

Oh wow what a fail

Coming from a guy who denies Chemtrail geo engineering program

Obviously small things like government reporting on traffic or mundane things like garbage collection

Obviously that can be believed

So if the government came out with a statement that they have indeed been spraying the world secretly for 20 years, with horrible things, you would disregard it because they said it?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join