It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey theorists, if my views often match Gov views, do u trust me

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Fellow conspiracy theorists

There is a simple way to cut through the BS on the entire Internet

It is a rule I live by

If a person's views and opinions match way too often with official views and opinions of say US government or Mainstream Media, that person is not necessarily a shill or anything

But it is a person I won't trust to give me an opinion on even strawberry jam

Man I love the truth, it is simple and direct, truth I imagine is what God is made of
edit on 3-3-2015 by LotToTell2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Our government does a lot of good things. It is only some corruption in the upper levels of the government agencies by some of the ones running them that causes the problems. And of course, the way they have let businesses that import everything they sell contribute to campaigns to influence their businesses means the government isn't promoting jobs for our people like it should.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 12:07 AM
link   
a reply to: LotToTell2

I think you really have to question if someone's opinions and views match the official story and government and main stream media s views there critical thinking skills.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Hey! There's a study about you.

These tendencies in persuasive communication can be understood as a reflection of an underlying conspiracist worldview in which the details of individual conspiracy theories are less important than a generalized rejection of official explanations.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

It seems actual facts don't matter, especially if there aren't any. If it's the "official story" it's wrong, because it is. Even when the theory contradicts itself.

In this view, conspiracy belief is not about believing in particular alternative theories, but in disbelieving in whatever the official story is. This tendency has been informally noted by Dean (2002), who described most conspiracy theories as “bits and pieces without a plot… [that] fail to delineate any conspiracy at all. They simply counter conventional narratives with suspicions and allegations that, more often than not, resist coherent emplotment” (p. 92). Likewise, Clarke (2007) observed that conspiracy theories are often extremely vague, particularly in the Internet age.

edit on 3/4/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 12:13 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Yes well few bad apples can indeed ruin it for everyone if they have power. And they do

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 12:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: LotToTell2
a reply to: rickymouse

Yes well few bad apples can indeed ruin it for everyone if they have power. And they do

Those few bad apples can spend a lot of our money on things that are not really necessary too.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 12:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Oh wow what a fail

Coming from a guy who denies Chemtrail geo engineering program

Obviously small things like government reporting on traffic or mundane things like garbage collection

Obviously that can be believed

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 12:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Those few bad apples can spend a lot of our money on things that are not really necessary too.

Of course they are necessary

All those underground cities government built to save themselves from their own foreign policy ..... Are indeed necessary lol

link   

A person forms opinions based on their input. People that get their info from the mainstream media are going to have mainstream opinions. You can't fault them for that. It doesn't mean they aren't intelligent or knowledgeable.

I used to be one of those mainstream types, until I found out one of those crazy conspiracy theories was true. The CIA was smuggling drugs into the US. A criminal act, and no one was charged with a crime. That little bit of info stopped my mainstream midstream, and started me thinking, "What else am I wrong about?"

link   
I see. So everything that doesn't have evidence is a lie then.

That's makes it much easier then. Just eliminate the use of critical thinking and proclaim that if there is no evidence, it must me true!

Dog ate my homework! Honest!

link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Our government does a lot of good things. It is only some corruption in the upper levels of the government agencies by some of the ones running them that causes the problems. And of course, the way they have let businesses that import everything they sell contribute to campaigns to influence their businesses means the government isn't promoting jobs for our people like it should.

It is comforting to believe that corruption is limited to some particular portions or 'levels' of government.

The truth is more discouraging. Corruption, nepotism, theft and all manner of abuses are committed regularly and, in many cases, systematically at all levels of government.

"Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men."

-Lord Acton
edit on 4-3-2015 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Hey, you're the guy that kept getting his threads deleted.

Why should we trust you?

Why should we trust someone who automatically and unquestionably disbelieves the MSM and the government?

Doesn't that make you just as bad the ones who automatically and unquestionably believe the MSM?

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 12:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
I see. So everything that doesn't have evidence is a lie then.

That's makes it much easier then. Just eliminate the use of critical thinking and proclaim that if there is no evidence, it must me true!

Dog ate my homework! Honest!

Phage, can I please ask you a question

What are you doing on ATS if you don't believe that group of people can conspire to do something nefarious and keep it a secret from public ?

Why aren't you only on say CNN commentaries etc

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Phage, can I please ask you a question

Sure. If it's about something I've posted and not about me.

What are you doing on ATS if you don't believe that group of people can conspire to do something nefarious and keep it a secret from public ?
Oops. Wrong question.

Why aren't you only on say CNN commentaries etc
Because I have an interest in critical thinking.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 12:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

Only one thread of mine was deleted because it mentioned Ron Paul but that is because thread was worded wrong

As for MSM and government ?

You shouldn't trust them because they have proven themselves to lie all the time

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 12:27 AM
link   

You shouldn't trust them because they have proven themselves to lie all the time

Who said that trust has anything to do with it?
Critical thought avoids things like trust. It depends on actual facts.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

No we see the real problem. You said "actual facts". Get those damn inconvenient things out of here.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 12:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
Who said that trust has anything to do with it?
Critical thought avoids things like trust. It depends on actual facts.

And what if I keep you locked up in a house with windows barricaded and ONLY I FEED YOU INFORMATION on the outside world

What good is your critical thinking then ?

Sorry phage but you are not the only one here with above 100 IQ

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 12:39 AM
link   

And what if I keep you locked up in a house with windows barricaded and ONLY I FEED YOU INFORMATION on the outside world

I'd just make stuff up because I don't trust you? Just because you're in charge?

Ah, but you see, there's this new invention called the "internet." There's a ton of information from all sorts of sources available. That's where the critical thinking part comes into play.

Sorry phage but you are not the only one here with above 100 IQ
Probably not. But then, I'm not the topic. Because talking about members on a personal level is against the T&Cs.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 02:43 AM
link   

I don't trust the government 100% of the time. I trust most conspiracy theorists even less. As with anything for me, it's a case by case basis. I try to remain critical and objective. Truth is there are a lot of things I simply don't and will never know. There are at least two sides to every story. While I may have feelings one way or another on any given conspiracy theory, feelings don't equate to facts. I guess if you want to know more about my views on that you'd have to ask me about specific theories.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join