It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quadriplegic woman pilots F35 simulator

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Shades of Firefox here as DARPA successfully have demonstrated though controlled piloting...

Thought pilotting
edit on 3-3-2015 by Blackfinger because: Changed title

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 02:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blackfinger
Shades of Firefox here as DARPA successfully have demonstrated though controlled piloting...

Thought pilotting

Not just firefox. macross plus yf-23 springs to mind

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 04:40 AM
link   
C.O.F.F.I.N. system here we go...

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 05:17 AM
link   
"Pure Neural Signalling"!! Jesus.
Amazing that she doesn't think "move the joystick" ...I'm assuming she must then be thinking "now go over there"?.

I cant work out from the article whether we should be more impressed at the middleware that manages the neural interface or the avionics software in the F35 which is doing the actual (virtual) flying.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I wish I could find the BEM helmet they were working on in the 80s working towards this.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
I wish I could find the BEM helmet they were working on in the 80s working towards this.

Bug-Eyed Monster helmet? :confused:

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Junkheap

Yep. It was huge with two small LCD screens on the front of it in front of the pilots eyes. They could only wear it about ten to fifteen minutes before the weight caused migraines though.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I thought about this for some reason.

www.nasa.gov...

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Would their lack of lower limbs allow an amputee pilot to pull more extreme maneuvers, if their blood couldn't just rush to their legs?

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: wirehead

Yes and no. The blood would still pool in their lower body, but it would be easier to restrict the pooling.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Some more headway..

Cortical tech

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: wirehead

There was a British pilot in WWII that was a double amputee, and he went on to be an ace in Spitfires before getting shot down over Germany and spending the rest of the war as a POW. Douglas Bader; interesting guy.

Supposedly he could deal with higher G's than other pilots, but I never heard of any studies proving it.
edit on 17-4-2015 by shagg because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join