It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

woman sets fire to husband who sexually abused daughter.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: ladyvalkyrie
a reply to: crazyewok

My friend's 4 year old was molested by an older child. She reported it as she should. And the whole case was dropped because he's 'not a credible witness'. Meanwhile he wets the bed almost every night and is in counseling for PTSD.

F*k the system. It's a joke.

The only thing this woman did wrong was get caught.

So, because of one example, which may or may not even be true itself, you are willing to allow people to subvert the system entirely and take justice into their own hands?

Hmmm

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: deadlyhope

What if the man isn't guilty? Doesn't he deserve legal representation to defend himself? You are condemning him based on an accusation for which no proof has been provided. I can say you molested my cousin and burn you alive. Is that right? That is the exact same level of accusation and degree of proof for which you have said it is ok for this woman to have done what she did.

If you don't believe in innocent until proven guilty it means you also don't believe in a justice system at all. Proving innocence is very difficult if not impossible. The whole reason we have that standard is because we need to do our best to only punish those who deserve it. Even when we do punish those who deserve it, who is to say what is deserved? A lynch mob? A vigilantee? We have a court system and judges for this reason.

Part of the responsibility in living in society means allowing the courts to do their thing, and abiding by that decision. Going around the court system just because, means a person is incapable of living in society and incapable of accepting the legitimacy of the courts. If that's the case she should have gone to another country. I hope she gets 20 years in prison, 30 if the man was actually guilty because that's an even greater crime.

<< 5  6  7   >>

join