It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

woman sets fire to husband who sexually abused daughter.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: stumason
DNA evidence isn't a cast iron case. That man I mentioned earlier that I knew who was wrongfully accused, his DNA was found on his stepdaughters clothes. Of course it was, he lived in the same house and shared/did the laundry!

I am not talking about DNA found on clothes! I am talking about DNA found inside a child's body, understand? What is your excuse for that now, the wind?

It baffles me how you will go to great lengths, by using weak minded arguments, in order to defend the scum of the earth. ~$heopleNation

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

It's been mentioned several times that vigilantiism would "plunge society into chaos." This has to be the most ludicrous overstatement I've ever seen. Good people will band together to protect what's theirs & punish evil that is threatening their way of life. You're mixing up vigilantes with gangs or someone merely seeking revenge imo. A vigilante act is defacement of evil when there is little chance of "official Justice" being done. If there were more vigilantes, there'd be a lot less evil people walking around.

All the posters with limitless faith in the current system are really adorable, though.
edit on 3-3-2015 by Eunuchorn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I won't go off on the long tangent I could...let me just say this. If more of this happened and the woman was set free with a slap on the wrist...less of the initial crime would occur. I'll give her a star and flag!

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   
She just murdered a man, based on an accusation that had yet to be proven.

Whether or not that accusation turns out to be true, she deserves to goto prison. This is beyond taking the law into your own hands by taking the role of executioner. It's pronouncing people guilty being judge, jury, and executioner.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: DarthFazer
a reply to: sg1642

There is no reason to jail this woman. With that said this needs to happen more often. She is a hero and he deserved worse.

You do of course realize the man was accused. Do you know the difference between an accusation and a conviction?

I can goto the police and say you sodomized me. You are now on equal standing with this man, both accused of a sex crime. Should you now be burned alive?

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Echtelion
Why? Because it's the Lauuu!? Tons of cops kill unarmed people on a weekly, sometimes daily basis in the US... while some of them go on trial for it, not all of them do. Media anchors have been lying for decades without being sued for misrepresentation.

Why the women have to risk GOING TO PRISON over defending their children? The man was proven to be abusing her daughter no?

No. The last sentence is where you made the mistake. The man was proven to have done nothing wrong. There was no court, and as near as we can tell from the story just an accusation from a child.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

Whether or not that accusation turns out to be true, she deserves to goto prison. This is beyond taking the law into your own hands by taking the role of executioner. It's pronouncing people guilty being judge, jury, and executioner.

I'm amazed how many people seem to love that mantra.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Eunuchorn

originally posted by: Aazadan

I'm amazed how many people seem to love that mantra.

Because it's true. The man wasn't proven guilty of anything, there was no proof he did anything wrong. The woman went into a rage and set him on fire over it. Do you know what her actions have done? She has given the man MORE of a defense if he is guilty because he's now going to have a sympathetic jury. On top of that, the child if she lied or exaggerated things is now going to be more prone to stick to the lie.

This is not justice.

Here's a question for you: Do you believe in the constitution? If so, are you aware of what due process is?

originally posted by: TKDRL
Awesome. So if I want to utterly destroy an enemy, all I have to do is set him on fire, then afterward claim he is a child molester, and I will have people cheering me on for it.

The scary thing is that this is true. There are two surefire ways to ruin someones life.

#1. Accuse them of child molestation. The charge will follow them for life, and once the accusation has been made you can make people question it over and over for the rest of their life.

#2. Plant drugs in their home and give the police an anonymous tip.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan
Don't forget to tell the police the enemy has guns, then they will send in SWAT after them, maybe they will kill your enemy for you, bonus points if the enemy is black. All the public will hear is the cops were scared, and just wanted to go home, and drugs were found.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   
This is just the kind of case made for jury nullification.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: tmeister182
This is just the kind of case made for jury nullification.

I think you raped my child.

Can I now burn you alive?

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   
You know, he kinda deserved it.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Many cheered these retards on too.
Innocent man burned alive

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 01:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
a reply to: deadlyhope

So you're going to leave the laws up to the police? Knowing police men these days they'd have barged into the house and shot all 3 people and then get a slap in the wrist. Trust the jury ? No! Lawyers are so tricky and crafty they can send a fully guilty person home

Why do some people in this thread use the tired old straw man argument?

Vigilantism is starting to be the only answer.

No it has never been the answer. If there's corruption in the police force and the government, then we will fight them and make changes. Vigilantism certainly won't change anything and will only make things worse and will plunge our society into chaos.

Fight them... Make changes.... That's called being a vigilante. You can't call the police when the police are corrupt. You can't take this to the courts when the courts are corrupt. You just agreed with me..

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 01:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Eunuchorn

It's been mentioned several times that vigilantiism would "plunge society into chaos." This has to be the most ludicrous overstatement I've ever seen. Good people will band together to protect what's theirs & punish evil that is threatening their way of life. You're mixing up vigilantes with gangs or someone merely seeking revenge imo. A vigilante act is defacement of evil when there is little chance of "official Justice" being done. If there were more vigilantes, there'd be a lot less evil people walking around.

Wow just wow. You do not know what vigilantism means? I beg of you to look it up. You are the one who is confused. Why bring up gangs or someone who is seeking revenge? You said that good people will band together to protect. DUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THAT IS CALLED THE LAW! That's WHY WE HAVE THE SYSTEM WE HAVE TODAY! That's the result of good people banding together to protect the society!

All the posters with limitless faith in the current system are really adorable, though.

Oh gosh you are way too adorable. Let's do away with our system that have been doing us good for a long time.

Way too adorable.
edit on 3/4/2015 by Deaf Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 01:26 AM
link   
a reply to: deadlyhope

Fight them... Make changes.... That's called being a vigilante. You can't call the police when the police are corrupt. You can't take this to the courts when the courts are corrupt. You just agreed with me..

OH GOD.

Another poster who doesn't understand or bother to look up what vigilantism means.

I am so glad that there are more good people with common sense or otherwise we would be back in the Dark Ages.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 01:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: deadlyhope

Are the courts corrupt? This man would get a trial by jury to determine if he were even guilty in the first place. If your theory is that the courts are corrupt, that is only possible if the jury is corrupt. Which would mean that society is corrupt. If society is corrupt, how can we accept and act on this womans accusation because she is also part of that corrupt society.

Either way, this woman was in the wrong and I hope she goes to prison for a long time for it.

As a random side question: Do you believe in the constitution? Did you know that part of the constitution calls for due process? Did you also know that it calls for no cruel and unusual punishment? Attacking someone because you think they are guilty is a complete disregard of due process. Burning them alive is a complete disregard of cruel and unusual punishment.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 02:02 AM
link   

If your theory is that the courts are corrupt, that is only possible if the jury is corrupt. Which would mean that society is corrupt. If society is corrupt, how can we accept and act on this womans accusation because she is also part of that corrupt society.

Bravo. I couldn't have made a better answer than that.

That is why we have the system in place. Even if there are SOME people, including the police, who are corrupt, there still is a good system to keep the society in check.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

My friend's 4 year old was molested by an older child. She reported it as she should. And the whole case was dropped because he's 'not a credible witness'. Meanwhile he wets the bed almost every night and is in counseling for PTSD.

F*k the system. It's a joke.

The only thing this woman did wrong was get caught.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   

I believe most citizens, including myself are ignorant, not capable of higher thought or independent thought. We let the things around us control what we think, what we do, our stances religiously and politically.

So, if this man were guilty, would I want some lawyer to pick at every little detail and manipulate the story into a story that depicts the man as not being guilty, giving him every chance to go free? No.

I don't believe in innocent until proven guilty as it applies in the court, plenty of innocent men get jailed and plenty of guilty people go free when corruption is involved. Who's corrupt? Judges, lawyers, and those that are guilty

If the man was for sure guilty, such as caught in the act - I think she just should have found a better place. Cruel and unusual punishment? No such thing for someone that sexually abuses a kid.

If the situation is unsure, I don't support her actions nor the place she committed them.

edit on 8-3-2015 by deadlyhope because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join