It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Future: Microsoft's Mind Blowing Vision Of Technology In The Next 5-10 Years!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnPhoenix

Granted MS is BS most of the time but i disagree - Windows 8 Is good IF you use a program like Start Eight to give you back a real start menu. it's just like Windows 7 if you simply ignore the new stupid style of Apps they use for the Metro screen - real applications operating under the desktop are always so much better than these small stupid apps MS is trying to force down our throats. I use 8.0, Never 8.1 with all it's BS.

It's my daily job to be under the hood of operating systems. I see all the crap and issues caused by the OS that the average user doesn't know is being caused by Microsoft's crappy coding. Every Windows version has come with its caveats and improvements, but 8 and 8.1 are by far the worst yet. Start 8 is what MS should have done themselves in 8.1. Speaking of which, 8.1 was two steps forward, one step back. For all its improvements, it made some things worse than they ever were.

Windows 10 you cant compare YET - it's still in very early beta - have you tried the latest with Cortana installed? Cortana is the ONLY reason I would switch to Windows 10

I'm an MS beta tester, and have been for a long time. And so far, they haven't learned much from their failures. Myself, and thousands of techs across the country tried to tell them 8 was crap, and they didn't listen. Now we're trying to tell them their headed the wrong direction on 10, and they're half listening.

About the video - It's NOT REAL. It's all CGI on what they want or propose to happen - I'm still waiting for my jet pack that was promised me in the 60's. They have NO CLUE if they are ever even going to be able to make such tools.

I realize it's cgi.
Don't underestimate the technology industry, and what's being held back from the public sector. I've been in this industry a long time. The 64-bit processor was around for close to 40 years before the public was ever able to buy one retail.

Here's hoping MS gets something right in Windows 10.

ETA: Regarding Cortana. MS should be spending more time on creating an OS that actually works, and is somewhat user-friendly, instead trying to implement something like Cortana, which they could have just licensed from google. IMHO.
edit on 3/2/2015 by Klassified because: eta

<< 1   >>

join