It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Future: Microsoft's Mind Blowing Vision Of Technology In The Next 5-10 Years!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Im only in it for the stars and flags. This video is neat.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ImaFungi

Who gets to experience all of this? Only less than 100,000 people?

The caste system forming will make it so only the super wealthy are the ones who don't live in extreme poverty.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Video is neat... Why would I star and flag this again? All you did was post a video...

2nd

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

I'd respond, but as you say, only an idiot argues with a moron.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Bah and I was hoping for Jetpacks....

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   
If Microsoft could just get Internet Explorer, their vaunted internet browser, to work that would be mind blowing enough for me!

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Caste system forming?

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Microsoft can't even get a modern Operating System for the masses correct at the moment. 8 was a dismal failure for them, and at the moment, I'm not impressed with 10 either. I've been using it for a while now, and it has a long way to go to be a functional, smooth, OS that I would want to use daily.

If MS doesn't get it together, no amount of money in the world is going to stop someone from coming in and kicking their ass. And it will probably be open source that does it. They have the reputation of being invincible, but I think they're going to find out it ain't so, unless they come out with something a lot better than they've ever done.

On the other hand, onequestion is right. Much of what they're showing in the video already exists, and is being used, but not by us. The public always gets the already antiquated hardware and software.

originally posted by: Willtell
If Microsoft could just get Internet Explorer, their vaunted internet browser, to work that would be mind blowing enough for me!

Now that's funny.

edit on 3/1/2015 by Klassified because: add

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   
If all is going to be done by gestures i can imagine how many trash you will be publishing by accident, how much work will be deleted because you had an itch that needed to be scratched and how many times you will be starting video conference by accident, do you know what buttcalling is? well now on video because something flapped!!!

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Agreed. These are nice things to have, but I don't see how this will be available to all...as it should be.

Gotta love the masculine masonic imagery of the lady in black's necklace medallion.

Long live open source! To hell with Microsoft and their crap products!

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Nice tech video.. ATS has really changed... It used to be a person could post something people had never seen before or a tidbit of information which someone took the time to read or view and wallah flags and stars !

Even many Ops of a thread do not take the time to "star" people who took the time to reply in their thread..

10 million Stars and flags plus almost 10 dollars will buy you a coffee and donuts in some places so the S&F value is only in the eye of the beholder...however it is nice to know replies and the Ops time is appreciated..

I guess I am out of step around here for I even star people I do not agree with just because they took the time to reply in some thread I authored.. Not always if the answer is from some jerk but usually..

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   
We're still on page one....and already plenty of off topic remarks....
So, a reminder:
STAY ON TOPIC!!!!!!!!

Go After the Ball, Not the Player!

You are responsible for your own posts.

Those that won't stay on topic....posts will be removed.

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   
The only thing that's "Mind blowing" about Microsoft in the next 5-10 years, is when you consider the monolithic amount of updates and fixes that will happen in that time.

Neat video, though.
edit on 3/1/2015 by ProfessorChaos because: typo

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   
The fact that Microsoft's products are crappy and don't work right, has enabled a large IT force to be employed. Just think of the folks that would lose their jobs if it worked right.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Apparently I need to invest in kelp production...

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigent
If all is going to be done by gestures i can imagine how many trash you will be publishing by accident, how much work will be deleted because you had an itch that needed to be scratched and how many times you will be starting video conference by accident, do you know what buttcalling is? well now on video because something flapped!!!

If holographic volume visualization displays become the future, then the only form of interaction will be gesture control. But such an interface would require "hotspots" where the fingers have to be in particular locations for particular actions to occur. No different from resizing a window using a mouse pointer. Some companies do manufacture holographic displays (using either a mist spray or spinning mirrors combined with projection lights).

The wrist band mobile devices are already available, and Samsung just announce their "wraparound" display screens, so combining the two is a no-brainer. But what if they can combine those with true 3D screens (smart enough to project separate images towards each eye?). You could have a personal cloud of information in front of you.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

Granted MS is BS most of the time but i disagree - Windows 8 Is good IF you use a program like Start Eight to give you back a real start menu. it's just like Windows 7 if you simply ignore the new stupid style of Apps they use for the Metro screen - real applications operating under the desktop are always so much better than these small stupid apps MS is trying to force down our throats. I use 8.0, Never 8.1 with all it's BS.

Windows 10 you cant compare YET - it's still in very early beta - have you tried the latest with Cortana installed? Cortana is the ONLY reason I would switch to Windows 10

About the video - It's NOT REAL. It's all CGI on what they want or propose to happen - I'm still waiting for my jet pack that was promised me in the 60's. They have NO CLUE if they are ever even going to be able to make such tools.
edit on 1-3-2015 by JohnPhoenix because: Because I freaking felt like it you DOLT! Who cares, it's NONE of your business!

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 04:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
Who gets to experience all of this? Only less than 100,000 people?

Totally disagree with you. Technology is cheap and quickly mainstreamed. Look at India where smartphone usage is growing exponentially. The profit is in the numbers of units shipped and not in exclusivity.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I dislike borderless screens and that's pretty much all we see in this video. The rest is either useless or insecure technologies.

The only interesting things I saw we're the drone cameras which probably cost 10k each and the pen to write on touchscreen, something that's not impressive because I thought about it the first time I used a touchscreen.

I'm am not impressed at all.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: stormcell
If holographic volume visualization displays become the future, then the only form of interaction will be gesture control.

I disagree. I like buttons, people like buttons.
Voice recognition is great but I don't think that getting rid of keyboards is a good idea.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join