It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange and/or Interesting Photos

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   
The Cinereous Mourner chick of South America mimics toxic caterpillar

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Ashirah
I feel bad for the person who had to find out if it was male or female (or go near her in general)

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: BornAgainAlien
a reply to: Anyafaj

"Now you`re just a some bunny...

That I used to know"

Gotye - Somebody That I Used To Know, good song.

I was wondering if anyone would catch the songs reference. LOL

Enjoy the earworms now. LOL

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Me, anytime I swim in anything not a pool. LOL

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 05:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Anyafaj

originally posted by: grey9438

The story of this pictures is that the weasel was trying to kill the woodpecker when it panicked and took flight. Luckily both parties came out unharmed

Lesser weasels are so cute, here is a video of one

He has more video's of Ozzy on his channel
edit on 5-3-2015 by hellobruce because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce

Lesser weasels are so cute, here is a video of one

He has more video's of Ozzy on his channel

That is too adorable!

My sister used to have an arctic fox a few years back that she bought from a breeder in Buffalo, NY. While she was married, her ex had a iguana with a 4 1/2 foot tail. They were visiting us and staying in the 2nd floor bedroom. The fox jumped on top of the iguana cage, fell in, bit the tail off the iguana, (ticked off her spouse at the time), the fox jumped out of the 2nd story closed window without a scratch and took off! My husband at the time, ex now, and her went looking for it, meanwhile people in the neighborhood were reporting to animal control a strange looking dog on the loose. Luckily she and my ex managed to get the fox before animal control got there, eventually she returned the fox to the breeder.

This isn't her fox, but some pictures of what it looked like.

Arctic fox pups

More pups

What hers looked like most

It was a stunning creature really, but more suited for the wild.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   
My ex had found a baby raccoon kit once that had either gotten separated from it's family, or the mother had gotten killed. So he brought the baby home in a cat carrier we had in the car. When it came to wild animals, he had a big heart. When it came to people, he was a jerk. Go figure. The baby was about this big when he brought him home.

We called him Bandit and raised him until he was old enough to go back into the wild. We trained him to find and forage his own food, so he wouldn't rely on humans. I did try to get my ex to take him to a friend of mine who was a wild life rehabilitator, she was experienced in this, but his attitude was I was a woman, and I knew nothing, so I kept quiet after that. When he went to return Bandit to the wild, my stepmother's 15 yr old boyfriend went along, and brought a hot pink spray paint with him, not to my ex's knowledge. The boyfriend spray painted Bandit's tail hot pink, which would make it easier for hunter's to find Bandit. My ex was TICKED! Sadly, had he gone to my friend, the tail incident would never have happened.

Bandit was this big when he was released. I pray no hunter came upon him, but with his tail, he WAS an easy target.

Edit to add: We had Bandit for quite some time as you can see. I had grown quite attached to him. I LOVE raccoon pictures now, that's why. I will always miss my Bandit.
edit on 3/5/2015 by Anyafaj because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Amazing story
I would have attempted to keep Bandit forever!!.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

Amazing story
I would have attempted to keep Bandit forever!!.

Me too. He really was such a sweety. He loved being held, and as a baby loved the bottle. As he grew older, he just loved being held like a baby wanting to be burped. I was so mad at my stepmother's boyfriend. I really do wish we had brought him to my friend. At the very least he would have gone to a petting zoo where we could have visited him often and he would have been safe from hunters.

Bandit would have gone here. One of the fawn's she rescued went here. It's still there today.

Fort Rickey Discovery Zoo

Mission statement

The Fort Rickey Children’s Discovery Zoo is a special kind of zoo with a focus on children and fun. Everything we do here centers on the understanding that, for kids, passive observation of zoo animals is not enough. Children need to be engaged. They need to use all their senses to explore, manipulate and discover.

Although our focus is clearly on fun, we also have a higher goal. We, at Fort Rickey, are committed to the belief that children, who have experienced the joy of kind and gentle interaction with animals, are more likely to become adults who care about wildlife and conservation.

edit on 3/5/2015 by Anyafaj because: Added site and mission statement

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   

I agree with boymonkey74, great story !

I did try to get my ex to take him to a friend of mine who was a wild life rehabilitator, she was experienced in this, but his attitude was I was a woman, and I knew nothing, so I kept quiet after that.

He was wrong, you did know something, that he was a jerk.

edit on 5 3 2015 by BornAgainAlien because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: BornAgainAlien

I agree with boymonkey74, great story !

I did try to get my ex to take him to a friend of mine who was a wild life rehabilitator, she was experienced in this, but his attitude was I was a woman, and I knew nothing, so I kept quiet after that.

He was wrong, you did know something, that he was a jerk.

I knew there was a reason I liked this site and you guys!

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   
The Discovery Zoo have added lots of animals that have been rehabbed by my friend, all are children friendly, the kids are able to feed them, pet them, and learn about their environments in an up close manner, which is wonderful for the kids, and great for the animals because they are safe from the hunters.

The fawn I mentioned above, her mother had been hit by a car. The fawn was brought to my friend's house and kept there until an opening was available. I got to visit her at the house and she was an ear nibbler. Very ticklish! So sweet she was! But she was way too young to fend for herself as she was still drinking mother's milk. So the best thing for her, at the time, was the Discovery Zoo. They try to rehabilitate animals to go back into the wild, like a Barn Owl they had at her house, but sometimes, it's just not feasible. If they're way too young to fend for themselves, they have to find another option for them. This was one of the options they found. We also took in a snapping turtle my ex found while fishing. When we got the turtle it was a bitty baby. We would hand feed it night crawlers, and it took it straight from our hands. It loved living in the water tank. We tried building it a dual tank, dry and wet environment, it wanted none of that. So, ok fine, wet it is then. LOL We put a few small goldfish in there for it to learn to catch it's own food, which it took awhile, but eventually caught on very well. My ex thought he was a genius catching 3 frogs and thought they'd live in harmony. HA! We woke to one and a half frogs and one snapping turtle. LOL There went that plan. I tried to warn him, but...

Here's some pics of a snapping turtle as a baby, not our turtle mind you. but that's how big it was when he found it.

But here is a pic of it in his tank. My daughter named him a very original name of Snapper. LOL

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Here is the Racoons theme just for you

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

Here is the Racoons theme just for you

Would you believe I used to watch that show? LOL

Ahh memories! LOL

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   
The monkey and frog I liked best.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   

My dog during normal downtime

My dog when I throw a ball

edit on 3/5/2015 by Anyafaj because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Good stories!
And pics.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Cool dog owl friendship

www.mnn.com...

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 11:15 PM
link