It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FDA finds Prozac in over the counter weight loss product

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 11:27 PM
link   
www.fda.gov...

The Fraud and Deception Agency is on the case! Somehow, some actual science got done, and they found that an unregulated, unlicensed, unevaluated product does not contain what the label says it does! STOP THE PRESSES!

With all that the FDA has to do - how did this particular turd manage to float to the top of the bowl? Why did the FDA decide to throw OxyElite under the bus? Did Oxy's last bribe check bounce?

Seriously - this is appalling. This drug is absolutely NOT one you want people to be randomly taking and trying to function. You REALLY don't want people wandering around juiced to the gills on this without knowing that they have taken it. The effects are undeniable, immediate, and scary when you know you feel this way because you just took a pill to feel this way. Having Prozac hit unprepared - well - that might be a good follow up question after - did the shooter take ADHD drugs, or have Autism - now we can add - was he trying to lose weight?

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Good catch OP. The FDA doesn't usually test these things, it is the responsibility of the company making them to supply the evidence as to what they contain. People are sometimes misled that the FDA does testing of all the drugs and supplements out there when in actuality they only test them if someone throws up a red flag.

The same holds true with the chemicals they put in our foods. This fine is for not listing Prozac in the formula. Now did their process actually create Prozac or did they add the ingredient. If they did add it, where did they get it from? How many other places are buying this from where they are getting it from and who is overseeing these sales?

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 05:06 AM
link   
a reply to: cronemel

S&F!

So many take Prozac and have no idea of the long term effects it has on your mind. People need to do the necessary research before taking any medication especially any so called antidepressant drug.

Stop believing everything your doctor tells you!!! Very few really care....its more about getting paid.

They run a business and are expected to make a profit. Medical professionals are so fast to pull out their prescription pad to write out a prescription it would appear the doctors are on Prozac themselves.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Uh, Prozac does not affect you immediately, it takes a couple of weeks. What does juiced mean? You don't feel high on Prozac. Its an anti depressant not an ADHD drug.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Herbal and dietary supplements are not required to undergo safety and efficacy testing. This is exactly the sort of nonsense that happens with such loose laws (thanks, herbal and dietary supplement lobbyists). And people complain about Big Pharma...

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: kurthall

Once you stop taking it the effect on a person with normal can cause psychosis by emotional overload,suicide and killing IS possible with SSRIs if the person takng them has a normal in brain chemistry.
A psychiatrist ONLY could tell NOT a regular Dr.
edit on 1-3-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall
Uh, Prozac does not affect you immediately, it takes a couple of weeks.

Granted - this is what the pamphlet that comes with the medicine says. However, when I was stupid enough to believe that this was the answer - I felt as though I had been wrapped in cotton wool from the first pill. There is a disconnect that one gets from Prozac that is frightening in retrospect. Nothing mattered. Thinking is disrupted and maintaining focus is darn near impossible. It's an altered state, whether one calls it that or not. And that is what I meant by juiced - a brain out walking around without all circuits operating correctly.

However comforting the official pablum, this class of drugs is poorly understood, over-prescribed, and certainly should not come as a free prize with your weight loss purchase!

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7
I know all of that. My rebuttal should have been better. I was responding to the comments that "the effects are immediate" and people get "juiced up" on it, which is not true. Also the amount of Prozac found is probably no where near a therapeutic dose.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   

a reply to: cavtrooper7
Also the amount of Prozac found is probably no where near a therapeutic dose.

The fact that the amount of the unwanted, unrequested, unprescribed, unnecessary, unmonitored Prozac could be less than what some talking heads have determined to be a therapeutic dose fails to bring me much comfort.

Simple law of averages - there is an equal chance that the Prozac is actually MORE than a therapeutic dose. One or the other is correct. (Discounting that most unlikely of possibilities that the Prozac in the Oxy is EXACTLY a perfect dose.

Why should we need to play these guessing games when we go to purchase a specific product. If I have a headache, I really have no need for a pill which treats that at the same time that it cures my toenail fungus. It would be convenient, but ...

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: kurthall

What other meds carry it as an ingredient?
It sure would explain all the nut ball killers if the stuff is used in more products and causes a build up.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: cronemel

Uh, Prozac does not affect you immediately, it takes a couple of weeks.

Granted - this is what the pamphlet that comes with the medicine says. However, when I was stupid enough to believe that this was the answer - I felt as though I had been wrapped in cotton wool from the first pill. There is a disconnect that one gets from Prozac that is frightening in retrospect. Nothing mattered. Thinking is disrupted and maintaining focus is darn near impossible. It's an altered state, whether one calls it that or not. And that is what I meant by juiced - a brain out walking around without all circuits operating correctly.

However comforting the official pablum, this class of drugs is poorly understood, over-prescribed, and certainly should not come as a free prize with your weight loss purchase!

I was given Prozac for neurological pain and had the same side effects. plus it did nothing for the pain.

It was so bad after three days i could not drive safely as i could not focus on anything.

I quit that day and will never take it again.

top topics

join