It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some advice from UK Prepper's please!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I got this Poncho/Tarp, very lightweight not packing too big and strong enough (I saw a video (I can`t find it right now) with storm winds not tearing it apart as a tarp set up).

Tarp Set Up

As Poncho

It folds with buttons, making the back bigger, so you can carry it over really large backpack also.

And as said before, space blankets is also an option, but go for the ones who don`t tear too quickly, like these ones...

Light Weight

or

A Bit Heavier

The last one is a bit heavier, but can also be perfectly used to make a shelter.

Like Here
edit on 28 2 2015 by BornAgainAlien because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Excellent thread contributions guys! Love it!

I understand the dilemma the poster is having...something to carry that won't be considered illegal but will be useful for self defense, especially in a knife fight situation.

I'd suggest a telescopic walking stick. Something sturdy that will be useful with a bit of Arnis practice.

en.wikipedia.org...

Arnis is really useful against knifes. Well, not throwing knives, but in close fights.

www.amazon.com...

A telescopic walking stick is a decent length all slid together and is perfectly understandable to carry around while walking. Simply tell the police you use it sometimes when you walk long distances.

It's not easy to skirt the law...but you can!

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Thanks for all the advice so far in the thread guys

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   

The last link I gave you wasn`t that good I just saw, so I changed it.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

You could also join the TA

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Borisbanger

You could also join the TA

....uhm ?

What is TA ?

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   

....uhm ? What is TA ?

Territorial army
learn survival skills, weapons -vehicles training, first aid and be first on call for shooting dead looters and anyone you dont like the look of. You also keep your job and get pocket money...so I am told

Might be known as the national guard state side
edit on 28-2-2015 by Borisbanger because: though of something else didnt I

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Borisbanger

Yes, it`s a UK thread...there`s a small bit of water between them and me, but the weather is quite similar.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   

You could try this.

1. Get all the stuff together that you will reasonably need for a walk in the hills, or whatever.
2. Take said walk.

It's important to do them in the right order.

What the hell do you need a First Aid kit for?

And do you honestly want to tote a bag of stuff around that you probably wont need, and definitely wont need if you planned your schedule better?

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Say, you must know James Bond then!

Look up favals survival blog
edit on 28-2-2015 by Borisbanger because: Its my time of month

In going to bed , nite
edit on 28-2-2015 by Borisbanger because: In going to bed , nite

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: CJCrawley

I wondered that for a while after I started carrying mine with me at all times, then one afternoon i was walking to the shop when a mum and her child (around 5 years old) were crossing the road just ahead of me coming towards me. The kid was on a plastic farm tractor type kids toy and as he dropped off the kerb into the road he was pitched forward off of it into the road. He'd grazed his hand and his knee and was crying pretty loudly so I walked up to them and offered to help.

After a few minutes of applying a bit of germoline ointment and a couple of plasters there were no more tears and a happy Mum

that made me decide to carry it wherever i went from that point onwards

You see it's not always for personal use and helping someone else is just as important as helping yourself when it comes to these things

TBH I'd rather have it and not need it, than need it and not have it. Especially when the weight and space are negligible.

Peace,

M.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 06:02 AM
link   
My advise? the elites are getting scared, they know they robbed earth completely blind and now will face the consequences soon, when we were to rise up, they would hit the great "reset" button, around mister Obama's neck.
once the reset has happend, earths surface has been wiped clear, leaving a clean slate to "work" with.
(all nukes in total together would not even get the moon out to move out of its orbit 1 inch, earth will not blow up, just the surface clensed). so after a few hundreds of years when the elites (wich warned each other offcoarse) crawl out of their bunkers, and forgot their computers would not run for a 1000 years, and have become stupid again, this is the time they will see discs in the sky but have no words for it anymore. (whats that shiny fast moving thing with light and smoke and sound?)
one tells the others, this one believes and faith it restarted, the next one does not believe, and needs "proof" this is how science will restart itself, even the mayans seem to think we are here the 4th or 5th time.
after a while science would not give up their research secrets anymore for free, they need monetary gains from it in the form of patents, they keep everything behind closed doors, even start parallen groups of people working in closed off segments on one project, to knot let them know to much.

so my advise is this, if you wish to be a part of the new beginning, build a very deep bunker in your backyard for starters.
and make sure to bring food for a few years......

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: CJCrawley

Well everyone should be carrying around a first aid kit in their car.

Now I walk every where (can drive, chose not to) and, well, stuff has a bad habit of happening around me I have twice been first at the scene of a car crash and i have lost count of the number of times i have came across someone who has collapsed. Me having a first aid kit is a huge priority

And again this is not about "prepping", its about being prepared for the every day stuff that could happen rather than having to bug out for 72 hours to a safe location.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Just on the arming yourself side of things, i'll echo the walking stick idea. I make a few every now and again, it developed from making cudgels and I try to make them heavy (about an inch thick for the shank maybe) with a small club-like handle

Hawthorn, Holly and Blackthorn are great for the task, and will break bones no problem. Totally legal and legit, especially if nicely crafted and obviously not just a lump of wood.

A chum of mine uses modern metal hiking type sticks with a proper plastic handle (the waist high ones) and fitted a hex screwdriver adapter into the handle so he could punch with it as well as using it as the impact point if swinging it. Very simple but plenty nasty and hard to spot.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: skalla

Thats a pretty cool idea.

But to be honest i was looking for something like a police officers retractable baton, but they are also illegal for us to own.

Its pretty frustrating that we cannot legally own anything to defend ourselves with as it shows "intent". I do not intend to go about smashing people over the head with a bat, just like i do not intend to get get mugged but i would like to be able to legally have the ability to protect myself.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: skalla

I'd be up for one of those myself buddy
very nice indeed
and useful for me as my knees are pretty shot to bits now from playing squash when i was younger

If you ever have a spare one kicking around U2U me

pretty sure we can come to a price agreement

Peace,

M.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 08:05 AM
link   

TBH. I'd say insure your valuables and if you get mugged just hand the stuff over.

Getting stabbed by a pleb with his moms kitchen knife ain't worth the price of a shiny mobile or wristwatch

Of course if he leaves you an opening while the pound signs are flashing in his eyes then clear him out and teach him a lesson

Peace,

M.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: murlock

I already have stuff insured

But.

It just kind of pisses me off that really that's my best option let him take the stuff, probably to be never seen by me again call the police to do nothing about it but give me a crime number i can take to my insurance company who can then bump up my premium.

I would rather just smash the wee ned (yob) over the head with a bat and be done with it.

He might think twice about it next time.

But I know that the law is the law I cannot and for the record will not be carrying any self defence weapon.

sigh....

i feel a rant about UK law coming on....

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 08:16 AM
link   

I agree with you on that one, and while I have no interest in folk being allowed to open carry a firearm in the UK, it does piss me off that knife carrying in particular is problematic, but I guess that's another thread and i'll try not to encourage you to rant by starting myself..

Another crafty idea is a larger battery and a length of pushbike inner tube with a knot at one end. A powerful cosh, and easily disassembled in your pocket if you see the rozzers

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Yeah I hear ya. It grinds my gears too. I'm in my mid 40's and so far (touch wood) It's never happened to me. partially because i live in a fairly rural area and partially because i don't tend to go out much either lol.

But I suppose on the other side of the coin is us all being armed and dangerous..... Not something I'd particularly relish the idea of either.

I'm capable of holding my own in hand to hand and vs. Knives too. But I'd rather not take the risk tbh.

I'd like to limit the number of holes in my body to the same number as I have now lol.

Peace,

M.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join