It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS you want MY money?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Well I would give you ten maybe twenty English Pounds Sterling if I could download all my posts in PDF format.

Would anyone else do the same?

Might encourage donations.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: and14263

Are you writing your memoirs?

Also I have to ask off topic who is the guy in your avatar? It's been bugging me for a while.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Not really am not bothered about per format

What would encourage me to donate would be if there were transparent about exactly how the money was being used. Is that 20 quid being spent on worthwhile stuff

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Going even further off topic if ATS were to release a limited edition hard back version of the site do date how long would your bookshelf need to be and what kind of brackets would need to be used?

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

I wish I could star you mate.

edit on 27-2-2015 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   

I can't donate anyway. I got only cash.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Dunno, just had the urge to read old threads from when I had a soul.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: swanne

It's a quiet night I am going to try and work it out.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   

I don't know... all the printed web links wouldn't be very useful? If they even still existed from 5+ years ago?

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: and14263
Well I would give you ten maybe twenty English Pounds Sterling if I could download all my posts in PDF format.

Would anyone else do the same?

Might encourage donations.

Not a bad idea at all. There are a lot of no-cost services that ATS could offer for money. I'm still down for straight-up buying customizing options and features (think themes and a section for member promotion).

If we beefed up the social media aspect that utilized our profiles more, there are tons of ways to capitalize on that, as well. As is, we are a symbiotic parasite on a host and we all get something out of it and pretty much break even. Adding to that relationship will only enrich everybody involved.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific
Going even further off topic if ATS were to release a limited edition hard back version of the site...

We started experimenting with that a while ago. It was a lot of work.
ATS Book of Threads

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

My threads usually suck, my posts, not always so much.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I think that having a file of what was culled, rather than what was posted, would have more intrinsic value.

If you really want to find your old posts, you can do it using a date/username format. It's tedious, but I tried it once years ago, and it worked.

I'm grateful that I SC'd most of my letters. So is Utah.

# 369

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Didn't someone create a tool once that allowed you to save threads, like a whole thread, that was printable? Or am I misremembering?

ETA: I think it was before this new format.
edit on 2/27/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 01:30 AM
link   
There are forums I spend 10x more time on, but that's what they are, time-killers. ATS, I come to read and learn, less posting. I get more content here, and feel that the principles involved, and even the risks involve, deserve more "reader support" than PBS or other chat forums.

Done.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 01:36 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyingFox

What other forums are worth reading? You mean like... GLP, right??

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   

They are not considered secure nor their source points...

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz

My threads usually suck, my posts, not always so much.

Same as that...

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 04:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord

originally posted by: nonspecific
Going even further off topic if ATS were to release a limited edition hard back version of the site...

We started experimenting with that a while ago. It was a lot of work.
Thanks for the interesting link to a thread I hadn't seen, which was before I joined ATS.

Unfortunately your prognostication about the efforts of your hard work continuing to be on Scribd seems to have not panned out since when I follow your scribd link from that thread it redirects to a scribd "people" link

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord
Our documents are now (and will continue to be) on Scribd which provides a unique i-paper technology enabling users to read the documents without the need to download and/or use the Acrobat reader.

ATS Documents on Scribd

Instead of displaying .com/people/documents/5295989 , scribd ends up at .com/profiles/show/354479-people

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

They are not considered secure nor their source points...
Yes pdfs can have security issues and people shouldn't be lulled into thinking their antivirus program will protect them:

PDF malware

As seen in the Pidief example, PDF malware often uses dynamic content in conjunction with a multi-stage infection process that spans multiple layers of obfuscation, files, and process. The primary goal behind this complicated infection process is subversion. These techniques have aided malicious PDFs in the quest to successfully evade AV detection for years.
However, I wouldn't expect to have any security issues with pdf files coming from ATS.

Sumatra might be worth a try for anyone who hasn't tried it (I like it):

securitygarden.blogspot.com...

Although I provide security update information about Adobe Reader, I uninstalled it several years ago. I switched to the open source software program SumatraPDF...

I selected SumatraPDF because it has a small footprint, has no added toolbars and is not a target of malware writers. Although I indicated that SumatraPDF is not a target of malware writers like we have seen lately with Adobe Reader, that does not mean that the normal cautions should be thrown away.

top topics

join