It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How I Learned Not To Be A Boy

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: WilsonWilson
While i fully support your right to dress how you want and play sports i find some of the posts in this thread to be just as bad as the discrimination you went through.
Girls who like to wear dresses and play house and make up plays are not boring or to be looked down on, I find it ironic to be proclaiming a right to live and dress as you please without negative comments, but make negatives comments about people who choose a different path to yourself.
I grew up in the countryside so climbed trees made dens, went out on my BMX all the tiem.
My daughter is a girly girl, who likes pretty dresses and dolls, i dont think less of her because of it.

I understand and respect what you're saying - I didnt mean to insinuate there was anything wrong with wearing dresses, playing with dolls and make up. Personally, i do find that rather dull and boring but i wouldnt try and make someone feel bad about that. Theres nothing wrong with it.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

We would have gotten along great as kids....and probably as adults too from the sound of it. I like tough women with a sensitive sexy side...and they are not easy to find. I love women that understand mechanics and construction and have lots of practical knowledge and skills. But finding one that can handle the tough winters of Northern Maine is even harder to find. There are plenty of tough women with practical skills up in "The County" but most of them are not what I'd call sexy....I had one that was all of those things and was very sexy....Hungarian blonde with killer assets unfortunately she had a little more heat than could be sufficiently dissipated by one man. Oh well...there's always a trade off of some sort. You just have to pick your poison.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 12:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Cygnis

It is a WOMAN'S CHOICE on what she wears. But then their is this pesky thing called Darwinism. Women who wear heels and form fitting jeans and 'cute' shirts typically get looked at more by men, get into relationships with them and have children in said relationships.

Men also have the choice to like whatever the hell they want do they not? If some men can like men, how come I can't like a woman who wears pants that show off her butt and waist? You are giving women who wear those clothing a negative connotation, like them wearing those is a bad thing.

Guess what, just because women who do it attract more men than women that don't doesn't make it bad. Welcome to reality.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I'm sorry to hear you had to go through that, but at least it seems like it has made you a stronger person.

Adversity is always like that, it can be hell but it always leaves you with a gift, even if it is only personal experience.

I like the saying where the shards of glass one has walked on turns out to be diamonds in the end.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join