It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wow 6 years of ATS. I feel a need to celebrate!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 11:10 PM
link   
i can't believe I've been a member for 6 yrs now. This is the longest commitment of my life. If you don't count my love of matchbox 20, France and Mustangs. Lol

I found ATS looking for topics on ancient Egypt, aliens and other metaphysical topics. It always came up in my searches and then one night six years ago I finally decided to join and I am now here forever!! I remember staying up to the wee hours of the morning reading and falling asleep in my recliner with various threads. My favorite threads were always by skyfloating, memory shock and slayer69. They have been my ATS crushes since I join. I also learned a lot from their threads and links they would send me. I learned about things I never knew even existed. I also learned a lot about myself and certain experiences I've had to where I no longer felt weird or out of place because I met other people on here with similar experiences. This place is like my other home. I don't post much as I used to since having a child he keeps me pretty busy but I do read the site on a daily basis. I contribute when I can now which is usually in the cooking forum because it doesn't take long but I honestly miss posting and some of my favorite forums like the UFO forum, ancient civilizations, Gray area, Space exploration and many others. I felt like I could be me on this site I didn't have to hide my quirks or interests because there were so many other people who have the same quirks and interests.

I've made many friends on here people who I've never met but consider family. I had a member take me in when I went overseas and treat me like one of their own and I will never forget that. It's one of my favorite memories and meetings of an ATS member since I've been a member. I would say names but these people know who they are I've gotten so used to their real names that honestly I forget what their usernames are lately. I've been through a lot in the last six years since joining this site has so many people on here have been there for me showed concern and most of all support. I don't know what I would do without my little ATS community of family. I remember one time I couldn't login and I freaked out and called an 800 number trying to figure out how to get back into the site. I still laugh when I think of that.

I've seen members come and go, what I miss most is Zorgon, he always gave me awesome links to sites that could never find on my own that would leave me up till three - 4 o'clock in the morning reading. My roommate used to come out to the living room and take my laptop and wake me up and tell me to go to bed. I will also never forget one of my good friends JKrog. We were friends off the site and talked on a constant basis. We would have conversations about UFOs and alien abductions and he would explain things like string theory and all kinds of crazy topics that I wasn't fully versed in. He used to break it down into terms that I could understand, he always called it Andrea speak, and I loved that about him. His passing hit me pretty hard because we were good friends even though we never met and he was a good person. I see you still things that make me think of him and smile because if it wasn't for him I would know half the stuff I do about certain subjects involving aliens and UFOs. He is truly missed by me.

Memoryshock is another person on here I met that used to give me some information on mind control and MK Ultra. I'm still reading through the various lengths and documents he has me over the years.

Skyfloating however has always been my favorite. When I saw a thread of his I got giddy and I knew that I needed time to sit down and read. The way he put a thread together with information sources it was something I could never do on my own.

Silk I will never forget you opening your home to me and letting me stay that night during my layover from Italy. I had such a great time and will never forget the great hospitality you and your wife showed me. You're a true friend and I consider you family.

DrumsRfum I have always enjoyed our conversations over the years. You always gave me a good laugh and I've actually learned a lot about survival thanks to you so if you zombie apocalypse ever comes I think I might be okay! Lol

Djarums you always know how to make me laugh even not on ATS and your valued friend that I consider family as well and one day I'll make it your way and we can go out and have a great time! You know it will be a great time and we will have a blast!

AlyshaAngel you were definitely like one of my sisters and I've always enjoyed our conversations banter back-and-forth our male conversations. I enjoyed talking to you as much as possible and wish we were able to talk like we used to but having my little one doesn't allow me that I'm sure you understand!

Ozweatherman I know you don't come on here often we do talk often on another social media site and I really enjoy your recipes as well. You always know how to make me laugh and if I ever make it down under is so want to go out drinking with you!

Infaredman thanks for always helping me out with technical issues computer issues and making some on my coolest avatars!

Helig thanks for being my tech guy when I had computer issues and never complaining when I would seek you out for help. Your assistance has always been very much appreciated.

Zazzafrazz you are just too sweet and kind for words. You have spunk and a sense of humor that I just love. It's been really nice getting to know you over the last six years and sharing parts of my life with you and all these others that I don't share with people often,

There are so many of you I would like to mention but I don't want to post real names so I am pretty sure if you're reading this you know who you are.

Before ATS I always felt weird, out of place, the oddball, black sheep and the chick who always talked about aliens. I never really cared what people thought I just knew they thought I was some crazy wacko chick but after joining ATS I no longer felt crazy weird or whacko! I value every friendship I've ever made on here and think some of the most honest genuine people are on the site.

I remember when ATS radio started and it was a blast! I miss it but I don't really have time lately to get on and listen I try when I can but usually by that time I'm out cold and in bed. I'll never forget the comedy one we had and how much fun we had on Sundays doing that. I just can't forget my Nazi penguins who were out to take over the world!!!

Never thought I would meet such wonderful caring people on the forum. I'm part of many other forums but nothing like ATS. To me there's a certain kind of family connection with many of the older members that is something I've never had before. And I was going through some rough times it was really nice to have people there for me and be supportive no matter what was going on. Never got that in my personal life so it was nice to have it come from people who I have never met which to me shows the heart that they truly have,

I don't think you could ever get rid of me on here unless I got banned and then I might end up in a padded room lol but I don't for see me doing anything that would get me ban unless I decided to join the religion/politics side

I just want to say to the site owners thank youfor having a site that made me feel accepted and wanted it's made a difference in my life more than anyone can ever really understand

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Thank you to everyone on here over the last six years for putting up with my craziness!
It's really made me open up and wake up in ways I never thought possible and I'm truly grateful
For that.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 11:18 PM
link   
a reply to: mblahnikluver

Happy Anniversary mblahnikluver! Seems to be anniversary evening. I've read many of your posts and enjoyed them and the questions you raise.

Keep taking care of yourself, you are worth it.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 11:22 PM
link   

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

You are exactly the reason many of us are here and do what we do....

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Congratulations!!
Time flies by, eh?

I think I had just become legally able to drink alcohol when I first joined. Which has come in handy for some threads.

32 now. I'm growing up and I don't like it.

I take vocations from ATS ever so often, but I've always felt ATS had the best community for discussion. It really is quite great.

*Edit: I quite like Matchbox 20 myself.
edit on 24-2-2015 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Gee, you have six on your mind tonight. Hopefully you will be hanging around here for a while more.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Happy Anniversary!!!

We've had two tonight and that's worth celebrating. I always enjoy your posts and I REALLY always enjoy your posts on cooking.

May you have many more years here!!

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I can't tell you how much I miss the very original ATS.... Congrats!

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Well done.
Like yourself, I came here to learn the "truth" of the odd subjects.

still no closer to any answers than before I joined..but I picked up a ton of neat sci-fi on the way

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 12:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lucid Lunacy
32 now. I'm growing up and I don't like it.

Yeah, it doesn't get better either, but meh, you become a more interesting person at least with age.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 06:03 AM
link   

I feel EXTREMELY honored to be included in that list.
Its been quite the ride to say the least.
Congrats!!!!

Thank you for the friendship over the years.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Happy Anniversary. I enjoyed reading how people here have touched your life. Here are some cyber cookies to celebrate with. Enjoy

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I know right.

I've been on here for way too long.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Happy Anniversary!
Have fun with that little one!

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   
You have become a dear friend. 6 more years will fly! In that time we have had loves, lost loves, friends pass away, new loves, marriages, new friends,divorces, babies, career changes, home changes, life changes.

Friendship remains the constant, thank god and its been a honor rolling through it all with you.

Big love ❤ Zazz

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   
My oh my...How time flies...Congratulations!

I'm just wondering? Have you learned anything in that time?

I'm coming up on my sixth anniversary as well, and (excuse me
I have to close these blast doors--there's a draft coming in) in
all that time I have learned (forgive me, I need a sip of my flouride
free, flitered mineral water) that being a conspiracy theorist is
tough.

BRB...I forgot to put out food for my Yeti and I'm running low on
tinfoil.

Okay I'm back, where was I?

Oh yea, being a conspiracy theorist is hard sometimes. My friends
just don't understand the importance of keeping an eye on those
damned reptilian politicians and their human illuminati friends.
Heck most of them can't even tell a "grey" from a "martian"
and it can get so frustrating at times.

I'm sure you understand though.

So congrats for six years again and cheers, and here's to your health.

I'd type some more but I'm off for a remote viewing session of
Catherine Zeta Jones...

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Happy ATS-iversary!!

Thank you for mentioning me in your list!

Have some cake for your anniversary and make sure to share with the little guy!

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Happy ATS Anniversary!!! I have an Anniversary thread up too. LOL 7 Years for me! Wishing you many more happy years here!!

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Here's to six more years!!

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: mblahnikluver
Thank you to everyone on here over the last six years for putting up with my craziness!

Definitely not Craziness my dear...you brought a light to these boards, a spunk, that it surely needed. Congrats, and here's to many more.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join