It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Free Viewing of documentary re: money's influence on science, "Bought" , is available

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   
The movie (so far) seems a smart, fairly balanced view of money's influence on medical science, namely, whistle-blowers on big pharma's corruption and bad science, gmo, autism and food/vaccine dangers, bee colony collapse, etc. in a scientific, non hysterical, honest way... and made me reconsider some views I thought were ignorant.

I haven't sat through it all yet, but thought a free showing (for 10 more days and you have to give them an email) was hard to resist... so far it's fascinating and more than a little infuriating.

Bought

edit on 2/23/2015 by Baddogma because: add

edit on 2/23/2015 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma
The movie (so far) seems a smart, fairly balanced view of money's influence on medical science, namely, whistle-blowers on big pharma's corruption and bad science, gmo, autism and food/vaccine dangers, bee colony collapse, etc. in a scientific, non hysterical, honest way... and made me reconsider some views I thought were ignorant.

I haven't sat through it all yet, but thought a free showing (for 10 more days and you have to give them an email) was hard to resist... so far it's fascinating and more than a little infuriating.

Bought

Thanks for the link. Going to watch now and will thoughts in a few.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

Excellent find!

I too look forward to watching this!

People can not seem to understand the depth to which this pseudo science can be created!

The levels of profit are all that need to be known....... Follow the Money!!

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Watch this short video on large conspiracies, but sign up and give us your email that is tied to everything you identify yourself!

I don't care to watch this

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: elementalgrove

Excellent find!

I too look forward to watching this!

People can not seem to understand the depth to which this pseudo science can be created!

The levels of profit are all that need to be known....... Follow the Money!!

Do you count government and special interest group money like the environmental lobby in that "follow the money" equation? If not, then you don't have a balanced or intellectually honest view of the problem.

If the prominent view is that money corrupts, then all money corrupts equally no matter its source. You are fooling yourself if you think that governments, special interest lobbies, and private interests are somehow different when it comes to their money. Money is money, and agendas are agendas. Each of the three has copious amounts of the former and each also has a latter that's well-defined.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I agree with your statement! Governments love to buy science so that they can announce their latest scheme to raise tax dollars is "evidence-based". Lobby groups love it for the same reason!

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I will admit, at first they focused so much on vaccines and autism, my first was, "Oh great, I got tricked into watching another anti-vaccer movie!" But I think they were very intelligent about it. They focused more on how parents should do their research, how the fraud the companies have committed in the past may be hurting the vaccine program now, and how giving children so many shots at once it can be hurting their immune systems, which I agree with.

I like how informative they were with the colony collapse disorder regarding the pesticide Monsanto sprays directly onto their seeds. I'd never heard of that before, so that was very educational for me. I liked how educational the doctor was with the children in the grocery store, rather than condescending as some doctors can be. She was educational for them, as well as fun with the taste test. She didn't talk down to them, at least to me it didn't seem it.

Thank you for sharing the video. I appreciate it and have shared the link with friends.
edit on 2/23/2015 by Anyafaj because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 10:56 PM
link   

I was specifically counting government and special interest group money!

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 11:28 PM
link   
From watching the trailer I don't feel I need to watch the video. I know that the same scientific class of people, trained by similar training programs make the chemicals added to our foods and also the drugs we take. Many of these scientists doing this are blinded by their paycheck. They don't question what is going on in fear of losing what they have.

The best way to do this is convince the people they need the chemistries to treat the food or they will get sick. Then you sell them the medicines to treat the diseases that the food chemistry causes.

This has been going on for a long time. Look at milk. It is a Beta blocker that settles down a baby. Think about that. Milk settles people down and was touted as one of the best foods out there for a long time. The truth is that a third of Americans are intolerant to milk consumption on a daily basis. But if you mentioned that twenty years ago you would be considered a nut. How many people needed medications over the year to combat the side effects of milk? Most were over the counter meds made by Pharma companies. Look at peanuts, said to be an excellent food under the rule of the peanut president. Peanuts are a goiterogen. They are good to settle you if you need them, but not something that should be eaten too often. Notice that many things that are said to be good for us are foods that settle us...like the cruciferous veggies they really pushed for a while.

Studying the basis for drugs has taught me that we are being steered, we have been set up by these people who profit by us being sick. Stay away from caffeinated coffee, we have Ritalin we can sell you. Take this methyl donor supplement instead of a cheap cup of coffee. I can go on for hours with this kind of stuff. Everyone is being programmed to stay away from grapefruit, it interferes with medicines. It only interferes with twenty or so and grapefruit is actually a good food in moderation, it is an antidote for a few conditions.

If they say something is bad for you, see what chemistry it contains that keeps you healthy. We are constantly deceived. Trying to eat all natural is not good either unless you know the properties of food. Some of the chemistry added to food is actually a medicine. I know of about four that are good for you if you have a condition, but people do not understand some of the additives are medicines that are necessary sometimes.

Some drugs are necessary, I will not dispute that. If you don't eat right, your body will eventually run into deficiencies or imbalances. This can necessitate taking high dose supplements for a short time to restore you to health then a simple vitamin/mineral pill to maintain your health. Sometimes this condition causes damage that means you need medications too. Like I said, some meds are necessary.

Some of the older drugs were better than what they replaced them with, making a big stink to get people to switch to the new patented replacement. The new drugs were much more expensive and may have been worse than what they replaced. That is how business works, new drugs have a high price tag. They also have a lot of unknown side effects which start showing up in a few years and the drugs are silently taken off the market.

Boy did this get long, maybe you guys should watch the movie instead of reading my posts.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 05:47 AM
link   

It's not money that is the problem per say but the lack of integrity and ethics of the people involved .We kind of give Science a pass in most cases because, well it's the scientific method and science cant be wrong or proven wrong it seems at times . Take this thread at Climate Audit . climateaudit.org...
With over 800 comments dealing with math you would think there would be a clear cut case for or against the claims of the paper in question . The old saying that figures don't lie but liers figure is the best they can come up with .

It's much like the Law and how you would think that it would produce justice . But we see innocent people going to jail and guilty people going free .There is a factor of money but it's more about the integrity and ethics that cause erroneous results . IMO Thanks for the link OP peace

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 05:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Elementalist
Watch this short video on large conspiracies, but sign up and give us your email that is tied to everything you identify yourself!

You've never heard of disposable free email accounts?

Downloading to watch later, thanks OP.

edit on 24-2-2015 by MysterX because: added info

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Do you count government and special interest group money like the environmental lobby in that "follow the money" equation? If not, then you don't have a balanced or intellectually honest view of the problem.

Unfortunately for humans, profit is an equal opportunity corrupter. Science is an ideal, not a religion. Science withers and dies if the masses don't pay attention. The methods of scientific marketing are so entrenched, there is little or actual science getting done in some areas. Governments are fully co-opted by the profit machines.

When people don't pay attention to technocrats you get psuedo-science like economics and psychology. It's in bad shape people. The climate modelers are also psuedo-science sophists. The models are garbage. They don't work at all in reverse and they can't even align with the present without enormous fudging. Their predictive power has proven to be zero.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass

Great link. I had already read this article though but I am sure others here haven't. Maybe if we keep opening the door, some people will peak in and see all the crap that is told to us is not really based on science. I often wonder if someone up high knew this information was not correct but allowed it to be let out. After all, it is survival of the fittest in this world, if you believe a lie, it is your own fault.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Elementalist

you are being ridiculous...

set up a fake or disposable email address...I've had one for 10 years now.

btw OP...awsome documentary so far. This needs to be spread all over the world.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass

Except I seem to remember fat and cholesterol being bad before statins were developed. So on that one I'm not sure which came first, but I think the statins were an attempt to fix a problem created by pseudo-science.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 01:35 AM
link   
judging by replies posted here...this will be viewed by 10 people...so sad.

But...anti-waxer NLBS thread...oh yeah.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Sent the link to the wife...hopefully will watch it together. Thanks for the head's up.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
It's not money that is the problem per say but the lack of integrity and ethics of the people involved.

Sheesh, isn't that the truth.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: MarioOnTheFly
judging by replies posted here...this will be viewed by 10 people...so sad.

But...anti-waxer NLBS thread...oh yeah.

I've shared it with everyone I know and I stressed it's NOT anti-vaxxer. I've also shared it in a few of my threads when the subject came up. I think it's important viewing.

<<   2 >>

join