It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Netanyahu Exaggerated Iran Threat, Leaked Intelligence Documents Reveal

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 04:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: greencmp

originally posted by: superman2012

originally posted by: ketsuko
What? Wait! Leaked docs you say? Leaked from where? They give everyone exactly the impression you all wanted to have confirmed?

Wow! And you are all falling all over yourselves to pat yourselves on the back for believing these mysterious and conveniently leaked docs?

Tsk, I thought we all denied ignorance here.

Yes, if true, Iran will take longer than claimed to acquire the nuclear weapon that they have taken every public opportunity to declare that they will use on Israel.

They have declared that? When? Source?

Referring to comments by Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini, the leader of the Islamic revolution, Admadinejad said, "As the imam said, Israel must be wiped off the map."

-Mahmoud Ahmadinejad

Actually that quote is a known miss translation from Persian to English.

Here is a word by word run down of the speech and proper translation
source
edit on 24-2-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 04:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: superman2012

originally posted by: ketsuko
What? Wait! Leaked docs you say? Leaked from where? They give everyone exactly the impression you all wanted to have confirmed?

Wow! And you are all falling all over yourselves to pat yourselves on the back for believing these mysterious and conveniently leaked docs?

Tsk, I thought we all denied ignorance here.

Yes, if true, Iran will take longer than claimed to acquire the nuclear weapon that they have taken every public opportunity to declare that they will use on Israel.

They have declared that? When? Source?

Referring to comments by Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini, the leader of the Islamic revolution, Admadinejad said, "As the imam said, Israel must be wiped off the map."

-Mahmoud Ahmadinejad

Actually that quote is a known miss translation from persian to english.

Why let a little thing like a well known truth get in the way of a decades old lie?

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 05:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Elementalist
More propaganda and bullsnip to further influence a war break out?!

Juicy stuff, good at Netanyahu for exposing his own next level bull s*

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Crazy people. Think they'll boycott? All the neo-cons are out in force, crawling out of the woodwork like the slippery, toxic mold they are.

Team Bibi schools Team Obama in speech boycott showdown

Team Barack started strong, but Team Bibi is showing it knows how to finish, as supporters of Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu pick up steam against those urging a boycott of his speech next week before Congress.

About 20 House and Senate Democrats announced early on that they would not attend the March 3 speech, which is being cast as a rebuke to President Obama, but since then only a handful have joined them as pro-Netanyahu advocates counter by hinting at political consequences for the no-shows.

Christians United for Israel, for example, sent out an action alert a few weeks ago urging its members to contact their representatives in support of the Netanyahu speech. The result was a blast of more than 30,000 emails asking lawmakers not to let “partisan politics and petty excuses keep you from fulfilling the most basic of responsibilities of your office.”

edit on 2/24/2015 by ~Lucidity because: toxi is not a word

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 06:04 AM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Actually there was claim in the 1980s that Iran is 1 year away from nukes and will use them on Israel

Who said propaganda is anything new

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 06:11 AM
link   
a reply to: DanielJacksonKree

Ahhh...my memory only goes back as far as PNAC and the late 90s. Before that I didn't realize what these people were all about. Thanks for that info....

This is rather interesting: Netanyahu has no 'smoking gun' on Iran
edit on 2/24/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 06:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: DanielJacksonKree
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Actually there was claim in the 1980s that Iran is 1 year away from nukes and will use them on Israel

Who said propaganda is anything new

The last Shah was also working on nuclear weapons. Iran's failure to produce them does not prove they do not have the desire. Exaggerating their ability serve's Israel's far Right, of course, but Israel's fear is completely justified. The United States would be wise not to get involved, however.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Yep. Fox news is good at mistranslating Iran. I remember Iran came out qith a new drone and it had a name no more intimidating than our weapons, but it was a simple name that Fox translated to aometuing like death from above, or aomething equally threatening.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 05:07 AM
link   
a reply to: GogoVicMorrow
Haha. I remember that but can't remember the name.

Another incident that had the neo-cons scurrying out from under their rocks to beath their chicken-hawk war drums...when Iran captured one of our drones.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Which Democrats plan on skipping Netanyahu's speech to Congress?

You can bet whoever does skip it won't be on the "good" list.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Hey! Jon Stewart thinks this is more newsworthy of our outrage than Bill O!

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 05:56 AM
link   

New tensions erupt between the White House and Netanyahu

Tensions between the White House and Benjamin Netanyahu escalated Wednesday as top administration officials condemned the Israeli prime minister’s plan to address Congress next week and Netanyahu accused six world powers, including the United States, of “giving up on their commitment” to prevent Iran from obtaining a nuclear weapon.

The unusually public spat marked one of the lowest points in a relationship that has long bonded the two countries. Although the new round of recriminations reflected the frosty personal relations between President Obama and Netanyahu, it came at a critical juncture in multilateral talks designed to prevent Iran from using a civilian program to develop a nuclear weapon.

Kerry: Netanyahu Misjudging Nuclear Talks with Iran]

U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry said Wednesday Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is wrong in his judgment of nuclear talks with Iran.

Netanyahu told fellow Likud party members Wednesday that, by making concessions to the Iranians, the United States and its partners have given up on their commitment to keep Iran from being able to build a nuclear weapon.

Kerry told a congressional hearing that what has been accomplished so far in talks with Tehran has actually made Israel safer by stopping Iran from advancing its nuclear program. He said critics of the ongoing talks with Iran, including Netanyahu, may not know what they are talking about.

How Netanyahu's speech to Congress has jeopardised US-Israel relations

“I am going to the United States not because I seek a confrontation with the president but to speak up for the very survival of my country,” Netanyahu tweeted.

But Netanyahu’s warnings of an imminent threat from Iran, already treated with scepticism, will have been further undermined by revelations in the Guardian this week that Israel’s own intelligence service, Mossad, contradicted his claim to the United Nations in 2012 that Tehran was about a year away from constructing a nuclear weapon.

Leading Democrats have described the timing of the speech as an “outrageous” attempt by the Israeli prime minister to bolster his support in the 17 March parliamentary election as well as an attempt to provide ammunition for Republican attacks on Obama.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: TDawg61
North Korea started this way,refining nuclear material for its power plants.Then they announced that they had detonated a small nuclear device.Now they are working on ICBMS.Just sayin...

You reap what you sow. The question is, have you been really paying attention to what America has been sowing?

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Christiane Amanpour called Netanyahu's speech a "dark, Strangelovian speech with Dystopian overtones".

I agree. It's like 2003 all over again.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Hmmm...1982? Longer than I remember then.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

Strangelovian...that's pretty accurate. I'm not going to watch the speech. I know what he said and how and why. Same playbook different day.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Netanyahu’s friends are intolerant bigoted GOP hosts and sectarian bigoted evangelicals.

These are sinister people who have their own dark agenda of sectarian superiority over others based on race or faith

So a fellow dark human being Netanyahu can only hang out with those kinds of people

A person is known by their friends

Name one world recognized humanitarian who supports Netanyahu

Only Zionist and other Israeli supporters no one of any moral stature supports this little man

He is lying down with dogs
So he comes up with fleas!

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: kayleighkitty

Tell that to the Palestinians

Israel will destroy itself with its arrogance…by its own works.

Nobody wants a people destroyed but there the ones who aren’t even trying to make peace with their neighbors

There the ones with a garrison state and 200 nuclear bombs aimed at their neighbors

Building settlements ILLEGALLY all over the West Bank

edit on 3-3-2015 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join