It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Circumcised men may soon be able to REGROW their foreskin!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Growing number of men are angry at being circumcised as infants

Circumcised men may soon be able to undergo a procedure to re-grow their foreskin.

A U.S. company says it is close to developing a method that will allow men’s foreskins to regenerate – much like a salamander is able to re-grow a limb.

The procedure will help the growing number of men aggrieved about being circumcised before they had the capacity to consent to the procedure.

These men - who call themselves ‘intactivists’ - are becoming increasingly vocal with their outrage at being circumcised.

I actually wonder if this would be incredibly painful for men, considering they're growing "skin", if you will.

Many of them are congregating on forums on websites such as foreskin-restoration.net and circumstitions.com, angry that their foreskins were removed before they were old enough to consent or understand the implications of the procedure.

Many complain that they experience de-sensitivity in the head of the penis and cannot enjoy sex in the same way as their non-circumcised peers.

Medical experts are increasingly divided over whether circumcision should be performed.

While some argue there is a wealth of research showing the health benefits, from a reduced risk of sexually transmitted diseases to penile cancer, critics argue circumcision can cause lifelong trauma, diminish sexual satisfaction and put children at risk of lasting physical damage.

It claims not only to be able to ‘re-grow’ the removed tissue, but it will also be fully functioning, restoring sensitivity.

Foregen, is a US non-profit organisation ‘founded to research and implement regenerative medical therapies for circumcised males’, its website says.

It points to research which found that circumcision leads to loss of sensation in the penis, as well as the potential for psychological damage.

RE-GROWING A FORESKIN

Regeneration is carried out by creating an extra-cellular matrix, a ‘skeleton’ for tissue which provides an attachment point for cells and makes human tissue 3D.

This extra-cellular matrix is then seeded with the appropriate layer of cells, in this case, stem cells that will grow into foreskin.

Foregen says it will draw together experts from the field to find a way to make men’s foreskin grow back.

It will start with experiments on animals with a view to progressing to trials on humans.

In 2013, the company had its first 'breakthrough' and was able to 'decellularize' bull foreskins - a process which marks the first step towards re-growing the bull’s foreskin.

An organ donation organisation has now given Foregen the permission to acquire human adult foreskins – and they will carry out the same experiments on these.

So far, while they may be close to regrowing foreskin tissue, it is unclear how they will regenerate peripheral nerves.

Writing on its website, Foregen said: ‘In the short term, we hope to fully regenerate human foreskins.

‘Once we have accomplished that, our goal is to advance onto human clinical trials as soon as it is safe to do so.’

It says the newly grown foreskin will be fully functioning, as the new tissue reintegrates itself in the body.

This means the body recognises it as its own tissue and will not reject it, as is the case for transplanted organs or grafted skin.

What I find fascinating is if this does work, they can apply this knowledge to other applications, such as burn victims. Can you imagine a burn victim no longer having to use cadaver skin, or their skin from another part of their body. I am curious men, I do have an honest question for you. If this procedure was not severely painful, would you do this? If it was painful and you had to experience days, or weeks of pain, while skin grew in that area, would you still sign up for this? As a woman, if I needed new skin, depending on the pain level would depend upon my need. For example I need another spinal surgery but I know my pain level would be high, the so would the risk. Would you weigh the risks before jumping right in, or just say heck yeah and go with it?

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   
FUNNY where it's vectored first, how positively FREUDIAN of them.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I always wonder why we don't call it Male Genital Mutilation.

*Edit*
Sorry I can't answer the "what if" question, nobody cut any part of my natural body off when I was an infant.
edit on 19.2.2015 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
I always wonder why we don't call it Male Genital Mutilation.

Not even a good comparison, as losing ones foreskin would be akin to a female losing her labia, not clitoris.

The Small Man in the Boat would agree...

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Anyafaj

lol I wish I was circumcised! For reasons I won't discuss

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Thats fine I guess BUT Why oh WHY would you want too? I'm "Mutilated" and fine with it! lol

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: DjembeJedi

Hygiene bro, Hygiene. Trust me
edit on 19-2-2015 by Shepard64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Hubby says NO WAY would he do it.

I'm very good with that.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   
geez...really?...is this a monumental concern among men?....of all things to friggin' worry about, "no foreskin", is on the list?....(face planted in palm of hand)

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Well, when I am dying of cancer, or some anti-biotic resistant microbe, at least I can show-off my new re-grown foreskin...

am I insane or are our priorities a tad askew?

And if a foreskin can be regenerated, why not limbs... or teeth?

Is the calcium the problem (kidding, sort-of)? I guess a foreskin doesn't have a bone... some pun with boner seems apropos but I can't construct it.

ETA and my first memory is of the pain from being circumcised... people say I must be mistaken because we can't remember that far back... uh-huh... but there it is, delusion or not (but I was 14 ...kidding, about being 14- I really do remember the pain- unless it was later and I had some other injury... possible but unknown).

Aesthetically, I'm glad for it... foreskins add to the thing's silly factor... ever see a male Doberman Pincer get excited? Like that... and I am a little wistful that I shall never know the joy of smegma... sniff.

edit on 2/19/2015 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

edit on 2/19/2015 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

edit on 2/19/2015 by Baddogma because: stupid phone stupid big fingers stupid brain stupid smegma

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   

The funny part will be when they run back to get circumcised again because they didn't realize all the extra hassle that "little bit" of skin can cause.

I'm circumcised and have no issues with sexual pleasure what so ever. Hell if you ask my wife, she'll tell you it's all I ever wanna do

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

Good point! This is really a non issue because if they could grow it back they would want it gone within a week. I don't think circumcised men see how better off they are.
edit on 19-2-2015 by Shepard64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Hygiene is a myth.

Back in the 60's, 50's, 40's, 30's, 20's, where showering wasn't readily available everywhere, circumcision was a blessing. Back then it was primarily a religious and hygiene thing.

But now days, the only time you would infect your foreskin is if you don't like to take daily showers. Which is kind of sick anyway.

I can see why people's mad though. It's not like they had a choice when they were infants. Either Mom and Dad cut you up or they didn't, you didn't really have a say in this I suppose.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: BestinShow
www.who.int...

Classification of FGM (2008)
Female genital mutilation comprises all procedures involving partial or total removal of the external female genitalia or other injury to the female genital organs for non-medical reasons (WHO, UNICEF, UNFPA, 1997).

...what classification do you use? Is the covering skin of an infants penis not described above?

*Edit*
External female organs, for information

The external genital organs include the mons pubis, labia majora, labia minora, Bartholin glands, and clitoris.

edit on 19.2.2015 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: truthseeker84
Hygiene is a myth.

Back in the 60's, 50's, 40's, 30's, 20's, where showering wasn't readily available everywhere, circumcision was a blessing. Back then it was primarily a religious and hygiene thing.

But now days, the only time you would infect your foreskin is if you don't like to take daily showers. Which is kind of sick anyway.

I can see why people's mad though. It's not like they had a choice when they were infants. Either Mom and Dad cut you up or they didn't, you didn't really have a say in this I suppose.

Um not a myth my brother when he was 9 is living proof of that as are a few friends I've known about when we actually talked about something so personal.

As for my brother at 9, the decision maker was the doctor so again, not a myth, and not always for religious reasons.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shepard64
a reply to: DjembeJedi

Hygiene bro, Hygiene. Trust me

I'm not "mutilated" and I'm very glad I'm not. Hygiene? Not an issue at all. A clean person knows how to be clean in every circumstance. Not even once have had an issue of hygiene in my life.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: truthseeker84

I am not talking about infection hygiene. I am talking just cleanliness in general. You can shower everyday and clean that area in the morning and being uncircumcised it doesn't take long for that area to smell pretty rank.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Telos

Maybe I'm showering wrong lol

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: PsychoEmperor
Let's remove appendix and tonsils at birth as well then, they could cause problems in the future.
Lame argument, anecdotal at best.

edit on 19.2.2015 by grainofsand because: Typo, apendix to appendix

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shepard64
a reply to: Telos

Maybe I'm showering wrong lol

Maybe all you need is a more frequent clean up of just that part. And by frequent I mean wash up every time you tinkle. Lol

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join