It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISIS Is Painting The Middle East Red With The Blood Of Christians

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Every day now, there are fresh news stories about Christians being slaughtered by ISIS in the Middle East. So where is the outrage from the White House? Where is the outrage from the Islamic world? If Islam truly was a “religion of peace”, prominent Islamic leaders all over the globe would be loudly condemning ISIS whenever another slaughter of Christians took place. And a White House statement about the beheading of 21 Egyptian Coptic Christians by ISIS the other day did not have the word “Christian” in it a single time. ISIS is painting the Middle East red with the blood of Christians, and most of the world seems to care very, very little.

I hope that this thread itself doesn't just turn into a mindless attack against Christians.. that seems to be the recurring theme on this site whenever a thread about Christian persecution is made. I think that the following quote is very hard hitting.

If thousands of people from some politically-favored group or religion were being savagely killed, the outcry would be deafening. But because Christians are being killed, it is not such a big deal. So exactly what does that say about how the world views Christians in 2015?

This is news, breaking alternative news that definitely deserves more than being in the theology discussion forum. So please, don't move it down to the religion, faith and theology forum, as if it's not even a worthy news story that deserves immediate attention..

People just don't seem to be upset that Christians are being killed. Only Christians seem to be upset about it. I'm not saying that other people aren't upset, but, where are their outcries?

People will come into this thread saying things along the lines of 'BUT THE CRUSADES' and 'GUESS YOU CHRISTIANS ARE FINALLY GETTING WHAT YOU DESERVE!' etc etc.

Please don't be tools and play the Devil's advocate. This is a very serious issue, and although it is being given news coverage in the Media, where are the politicians talking about it without excusing the behavior, like Obama did??

He didn't seem upset at all in fact he just backed them up saying 'Let us not get up on our high horse' as if caring about the death of ANYONE is getting up on our 'high horse'.

Come on guys..
edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Please don't turn this thread into what happened with the last similar thread I wrote..
Christians are being persecuted worldwide!, Burning, Beheading and Crucifixion.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: TechUnique

Obama is a Muslim apologist, he even said that we should address their grievances to stop the terrorists.

Lol....wtf?

Yes because everyone knows terrorists are perfectly open to dialogue.

Here let's see how close I get to the conversation.

" why do you guys hate us so much?"
" you do not worship Allah, so you must die!"
" really, just like that, no middle ground?"
" there is no middle ground, there is only Allah, and he commands all infadels must die!"
" everyone?"
" bang!!!! I can't stand talking to infadels, they never understand!"

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 08:07 PM
link   

So what would have happened if things would have been switched around?

What would have happened if Christians had publicly beheaded 21 Muslims just because they believed in Islam?

That is a question that Franklin Graham asked recently…

The Islamic State beheaded 21 Egyptian Christians over the weekend, propping the severed heads on the victims’ backs, a barbaric slaughter that led Reverend Franklin Graham to ask, “Can you imagine the outcry if 21 Muslims had been beheaded by Christians?”

“Where is the universal condemnation by Muslim leaders around the world?” he asked.

Source

Not trying to start a religious war on ATS but seriously, where is the condemnation? Not just from Muslim leaders but from any leaders?!

+8 more 
posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Oooh scary headline

Ban religion... all of it, may not solve all the worlds problems but there would be a damn sight less of them.

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zcustosmorum
Oooh scary headline

Ban religion... all of it, may not solve all the worlds problems but there would be a damn sight less of them.

100% no.
Are you really that blind to the reality of the situation?
Banning 'all religion' is the most absurd idea ever. Seriously. Just stop.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Well Americas "leader" is busy discussing getting them a jobs bill, and trying to address their grievances.

Refusing to call people commuting terrorist acts like burning folks alive raping children enmass and beheading people enmass.

Be a veteran or a gun owner or disagree with his policies though....terrorist automatically.

I hate this guy so bad sometimes.

Does he do anything right other than vacation and play golf?

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechUnique

Oooh scary headline

100% no.

Wrong choice of words, I meant abolish it, and why would ending religion be absurd?

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechUnique

Oooh scary headline

100% no.

Wrong choice of words, I meant abolish it, and why would ending religion be absurd?

It is happening already, this Isis crap is just the death throws of religions last gasps.

Just 100 years ago almost everyone was religious one way or another.

Today, religion is in free fall.

Give it another 1,000 years give or take a couple hundred, it will be just another relic of the past just like polytheism.

+6 more 
posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   
They've killed many more of the Islamic faith. It's Wahabism, they'll kill/slaughter Shi'ites, Zoroastriasts, Yazidis just as quick as anyone else, as they did during their rampage through Kurdish areas. No inflammatory headlines in the media back then though, I guess we save our outrage for Christianity and Judaism?

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Its Obama’s fault period!

He’s got the authority and power and he doesn’t do a dam thing

It’s enough people in the world who have condemned ISIS and that includes Muslims.

Obama wants to play semantic games when HIS GODDAM JOB IS TO SAVE PEOPLES LIVES WHEN THINGS LIKE THIS HAPPENS

Not philosophize and bring up straw men that avoids his criminal neglect in doing his job

Who the hell cares what you call these savages

We want to call them DEAD!

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blackmarketeer
They've killed many more of the Islamic faith. It's Wahabism, they'll kill/slaughter Shi'ites, Zoroastriasts, Yazidis just as quick as anyone else, as they did during their rampage through Kurdish areas. No inflammatory headlines in the media back then though, I guess we save our outrage for Christianity and Judaism?

The west is mostly christian.

Therefore it is bigger news to the west when it is Christians.....easy enough to understand really.

I don't eat seafood, so I don't really care about seafood news.

I love pork, and would click a headline about pork without hesitation.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blackmarketeer

There is plenty of outrage for the slaughtering of anyone at the hands of ISIS. When it turns out that they are Christian, the line gets kinda blurred and people seem to lose interest.

ISIS are specifically targeting Christians, although they attack anyone who does not subscribe to them, they specifically call out Christians and are waging a war against Christians.

On that note I must try and go to sleep, it is 02:40AM in the morning.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   
ISIS 'Declares War on Christians'
ISIS Declares War On ‘The Cross': 21 Christians Beheaded in Barbaric New Video from the Islamic State

They are clearly reserving a special hatred and war for Christians. Whereas most westerners currently seem to be reserving a special apathy for Christians.

Good night.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 08:46 PM
link   
It's disguised as "worship".. but its truely WAR SHIP.

Yes get that initial giggle out and continue reading my words. As worshipping is the largest reason for wars.

Those men who build languages for MASSES to think in, are very versed in the metaphysical natures.

When you pray to something that you do not know is truely there, you join the war ship. You worship something you don't know of, and can't see. You divide yourself from, yourself and everyone around you.

Well in this language we call that blind faith. Now when you have many factions worshiping, just different names, now there is division, the opposite of being WHOLE.

Now you entered the war ship; you clash with those who pray to the same concept under different names (gods have no identity, just bogus names man made up). This is inferior mentality.

Even though they are all human, all came from the SAME SOURCE, all are 5-based beings (think pentagram geometry).

One becomes concrete in what they worship, they judge, and demonize those not praying to the same name. .

Now you have War/division.

ISIS is defending its concepts, because the ONLY power those who join the war ship have, is physical chaos to those who oppose. Internally, these people are weak, and are not worthy to ascend to their internal potentials.

Stop worshipping, start accepting all ,no matter the name they worship, and if your truth needs to be PUSHED, then how true is it really?

Truth needs no book, no doctrine, no dogma, no hierarchy, no god. Truth stands on its own, the rest is pushing to compete with truth, which is falsehood.

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 08:46 PM
link   
C'mon Tech. You know IS hates all infidels equally. They're painting the ME with everyone's blood, not just Christians. This persecution complex a lot of Christians have is just unrealistic.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Elementalist

I like the way you think!!

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Firstly, IS is spilling the blood of everyone who does not follow their ideals.

Secondly, many Islamic leaders have condemned IS. Indeed, the highest authority in Sunni Islam has called for their deaths.

Thirdly, The USA and other entities should not have to stand up and condemn every single attack, every single time. Doing so is unfeasible. We don't know how many people are dying at the hands of IS, and we don't know who they are.

Fourthly, the USA never called the 21 Egyptians 'Christians', because doing so would play into the hands of IS, which wants religious tension and conflict. The USA rendered IS' religious threat ineffective by only calling the victims 'citizens of Egypt'.

I think any rational person would condemn the actions of IS, and i think any rational person would consider the murders of everyone, no matter their race, religion or creed, to be a horrendous act. The murders of Christians are no different to the murders of Yazidis or other Muslims. They are all killed because they subscribe to different beliefs which aren't in line with IS' Sharia leanings.

It's disgusting, but Christians are not the only people being slaughtered in the Middle-East.
edit on 18-2-2015 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Seems to me American Christians are calling for a holy war.

Which is what ISIS wants...of course other feeble minded individuals are falling for it.

Brain washed people killing other brain washed idiots is exactly not a reason to go to war. As long as they do it in their own land let them. All you you anti Obama people hated it when he left soldiers there and expected him to take them out..now you are calling for it.

Make up your freaking mind.
edit on 18-2-2015 by Onslaught2996 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Great, that just the isis on the cake. Maybe Isis considers all non islamists to be Christians ? Maybe they are that stupid. Maybe atheism isn't even in their imagination, scared to think what goes on in the minds of those fools.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join