It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISIS Is Painting The Middle East Red With The Blood Of Christians

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: TechUnique

For starters, I would just imagine that far fewer Christians have been killed by ISIS than Muslims. Mainly just because of the fact that Christians are far & few between in that area of the world while opposing Muslim believers are plentiful.

Secondly, I find it appalling that you seem to think that the U.S., (more specifically, president Obama) should be expressing some kind of "special" outrage or escalating our military involvement just because some of the victims are Christian.

As much as you may not like it, President Obama is The Commander In Chief of "U.S. Military," Not "The Lord's Army."

On the other hand, I thank you for providing a crystal clear example of just how important it is that we maintain separation of church & state.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
How many Christians has ISIS killed since 2011?

Any reputable number will do.

Thank you kindly in advance.

Funny that you mentioned that. I have found an article few months ago dated : 8/8/2014 which i had bookmarked. The article its asking the question :What is happening to 200,000 Christians in Iraq? . Here are few quotes from the article. :

The Islamic State has warned Christians, possibly for the last time, saying "there is nothing to give them but the sword." Across Northern Iraq, Christians are huddled in refugee camps, trapped in the desert, or trapped in their homes, waiting for death.

Another quote from the same article :

"Our people are disappearing," Canon Andrew White, head of the Anglican Church in Iraq "It looks as though the end could be very near," he told the BBC.

The Human Rights Watch reported on July 14 that homes in Mosul were painted with red letters to indicate Christian homes. Other homes of Shiite Muslims were also adorned.

Estimates hold that 200,000 Christians live in the region, however only a fraction of these have been accounted for. Where are all the missing Christians? Are they already being put to the sword? It's very possible.

Islam is very clear on these issues, the deal is very simple. For those who live under the rule of a fundamentalist Islamic state, the options are laid bare. One can flee, convert, pay a fine, or be put to death. There will be no coexistence. And although Christians, Muslims and Jews have lived together in this region of the world for centuries, the strain of Islam that dominates them is now so extreme that Islam represents an existential threat to Christians and Jews.

I will not post the link because it contains graphic raw images.

Peace

edit on 19-2-2015 by Seed76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: infinityorder

originally posted by: Zcustosmorum

originally posted by: TechUnique

originally posted by: Zcustosmorum
Oooh scary headline

Ban religion... all of it, may not solve all the worlds problems but there would be a damn sight less of them.

100% no.
Are you really that blind to the reality of the situation?
Banning 'all religion' is the most absurd idea ever. Seriously. Just stop.

Wrong choice of words, I meant abolish it, and why would ending religion be absurd?

It is happening already, this Isis crap is just the death throws of religions last gasps.

Just 100 years ago almost everyone was religious one way or another.

Today, religion is in free fall.

Give it another 1,000 years give or take a couple hundred, it will be just another relic of the past just like polytheism.

I mentioned this in a post yesterday. In additional to killing as many Christians as possible these Muslims are also attempting to make all religion look bad. And they are succeeding on both fronts. Your post is proof of that.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Why the big deal...the Turks committed the 2nd biggest Christian genocide in history killing between 1-1.5 million
Armenians
. To this day only 22 Countries officially recognize its as genocide.
Conspicuously absent are USA and Israel

they are:

Argentina
Armenian SSR/ Armenia 1988[34]
Belgium
Bolivia
Canada
Chile
Cyprus
France
Germany
Greece
Italy
Lithuania
Lebanon
Netherlands
Poland
Russia
Slovakia
Sweden
Switzerland
Uruguay
Holy See
Venezuela

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Seed76

he knows the truth, i have posted such information over and over again.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   

So, your guestimate is 200,000 dead Christians?

The quotes from the article provide no evidence of that.

Actually, either happily or sadly, it seems a lot of the Christians were able to flee ISIS, unlike the Yezidi, the Shia Turkmen, Shia Iraqis in the hundreds and thousands of DOCUMENTED deaths, etc:

Most refugees travelled to Amman from Erbil, the capital of Iraqi Kurdistan, where many of the 120,000 displaced Christians now live in tents. Although refugees say they are grateful to Jordan for hosting them, conditions in the church are becoming increasingly difficult to bear.

Iraq's Christian Refugees Linger in Jordan (Dec 2014)

As well as:

Iraqi Christians Seek Refuge in the Windy City (Video link at Time.com)

Christian Refugees Escape to France

Just a little bit of research shows that the Christian refugees from Iraq has been a decades long problem, sadly again, brought on by our two Wars in less than 20 years conducted there.

Refugees from Iraq

So, Christians were living beside Muslims for hundreds of years in relative peace, until war upset the apple cart.

No one, no one is claiming that ISIS has not killed Christians. It has. But the scale of comparison is tens of thousands of Shia Muslims, Yezidi, Turkmen, etc. compared with hundreds of Christians.

Christians, at least, unlike these other groups, were given leave to escape into exile.

The Middle East is indeed being bathed in blood and it must stop, but it is hardly only Christian blood.

It's human blood.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Onslaught2996
a reply to: beezzer

Weren't you one of the top whiners about Obama keeping soldiers there...now you want him to go to war..for what?...stupid little faith war..

I'm sure that if you were in one of those buildings that got lit up in flames, you'd be screaming for intervention as well.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I read all over the place about how we, or the world, shouldn't war ISIS. I read about how Obama won't call this barbarism out for what it is. This isn't just a ME issue anymore. This stuff is spreading to first-world nations and nations across the world. If it continues to spread, it will eventually spill out to everyone's back yards.

It doesn't matter whether it's Christians, Muslims, Yazidis, or whatever that ISIS is targeting. This is why the world has militaries. To stop barbarianism like it was stopped in WW2. The world has no excuse in sitting back and letting this continue any more.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I wonder who their image consultant is, as it would appear they've worked on quite a few Hollywood movies. I mean, not a day goes by without hearing something out of ISIS that sounds like a bad Bond movie.

Now they're apparently harvesting organs.

As I've said before, they already look like a well-outfitted group of ninjas, or "Foot Clan" from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. I'm just wondering which volcano they're eyeing on terroristrealestate.com to build their evil fortress in.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Yes, why isn't Obama doing something about ISIS???

"Make no mistake, this is a difficult mission and it will remain difficult for some time," Obama said Wednesday afternoon in a televised statement from the White House. "It will take time to dislodge these terrorists, especially from urban areas. But our coalition is on the offensive. ISIL is on the defensive, and ISIL is going to lose."

The United States has led a military coalition since August against the terror group, also known as ISIS or ISIL. Obama’s three-page draft war powers resolution sent to Capitol Hill on Wednesday seeks Congress’ formal authorization to use military force “against ISIL or associated persons or forces” for three years.

Full Text of ISIS War Speech - PBS

Well, why hasn't Obama been doing anything??? Why have we been waiting???

The United States launched another round of airstrikes against ISIS in Iraq Friday, using drones and a fighter jets to attack a mortar position and vehicle convoy near Erbil, the Pentagon said. The strikes came a day after they were threatened by President Barack Obama.

A drone struck a mortar position twice at around 10 a.m. ET, killing ISIS fighters who returned to the site after the first attack, Rear Admiral John Kirby said in a statement. About an hour later, four F-18 fighter jets dropped a total of eight laser-guided bombs on a convoy of seven vehicles and a mortar position, destroying both.

Earlier Friday, two 500-pound bombs were dropped by two Navy F-18 fighter jets at a target also near Erbil, the strategically important city that serves as the Kurdish capital, and where the United States has a consulate. ISIS was using the artillery to shell Kurdish forces defending Erbil, the Pentagon said.

U.S. Warplanes Drop More Bombs on ISIS Forces - NBC News

US Jets and Drones Attack in Iraq - New York Times

And dozens of other points of evidence...

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: TechUnique

First, to answer your question of why the Majority of the International Islamic community is all but almost silent is:

Quran (8:12) - "I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them" No reasonable person would interpret this to mean a spiritual struggle.

YUSUFALI: Remember thy Lord inspired the angels (with the message): "I am with you: give firmness to the Believers: I will instil terror into the hearts of the Unbelievers: smite ye above their necks and smite all their finger-tips off them."
PICKTHAL: When thy Lord inspired the angels, (saying): I am with you. So make those who believe stand firm. I will throw fear into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Then smite the necks and smite of them each finger.
SHAKIR: When your Lord revealed to the angels: I am with you, therefore make firm those who believe. I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them.

www.usc.edu...

Had more links and verses but is not letting me use the cloud looking icon"insert content from an external source" right now currently for some reason so sorry. But here's some one more link: www.answering-islam.org...

Second to answer why it seems the majority of the world is silent on the ongoing atrocities in the world and I will say not just unto Christians but until others and other innocents. But the majority that makes up the dead seem to be Christians mainly Christian women and children, so far if I'am not currently mistaken.

Ephesians 4:18 They are darkened in their understanding, alienated from the life of God because of the ignorance that is in them, due to their hardness of heart.

Matthew 13:14-15 Indeed, in their case the prophecy of Isaiah is fulfilled that says: “‘You will indeed hear but never understand, and you will indeed see but never perceive. For this people's heart has grown dull, and with their ears they can barely hear, and their eyes they have closed, lest they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears and understand with their heart and turn, and I would heal them'."

Romans 1:21–22: 21 For although they knew God, they did not honor him as God or give thanks to him, but they became futile in their thinking, and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22 Claiming to be wise, they became fools

Matt. 24:4-5, 12 "Jesus... said to them: 'Take heed that no one deceives you. 'For many will come in My name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and will deceive many. And because lawlessness will abound, the love of many will grow cold."

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: BlessedLore

Absolutely not true:

The Organization Of Islamic Cooperation: The Islamic State Has “Nothing To Do With Islam,” Has Committed Crimes “That Cannot Be Tolerated.” As the Vatican’s internal news source reported, the Secretary General for the Organization of Islamic Cooperation, which represents 1.4 billion Muslims in 57 countries around the world, condemned the Islamic State’s persecution of of Christians and other religious minorities in Iraq, saying the “forced deportation under the threat of execution” is a “crime that cannot be tolerated.” According to the Vatican: The Secretary General also distanced Islam from the actions of the militant group known as ISIS, saying they ‘have nothing to do with Islam and its principles that call for justice, kindness, fairness, freedom of faith and coexistence.’ [Vatican Radio, 7/25/14]

Al-Azhar: Islamic State Is Corrupt And “A Danger To Islam.” Lebanese paper The Daily Star reported that Al-Azhar’s Grand Mufti Shawqi Allam, Egypt’s highest religious authority, denounced the Islamic State as a threat to Islam and said that the group both violates Sharia law and humanitarian law: “[They] give an opportunity for those who seek to harm us, to destroy us and interfere in our affairs with the [pretext of a] call to fight terrorism.” [The Daily Star, 8/13/14]

Arab League: “Strongly Denounced” The “Crimes Against Humanity” Carried Out By The Islamic State. On August 11, Nabil al-Arabi, the Arab League Chief, denounced acts committed by the Islamic State in Iraq as “crimes against humanity,” demanding that they be brought to justice. According to Al Arabiya News, he said in a statement that he “strongly denounced the crimes, killings, dispossession carried out by the terrorist (ISIS) against civilians and minorities in Iraq that have affected Christians in Mosul and Yazidis.” [Al Arabiya News, 8/11/14]

Turkey’s Top Cleric: Islamic State’s Threats Are “Hugely Damaging,” “Truly Awful.” Turkey’s highest ranking cleric, Mehmet Gormez, decried the Islamic State’s declaration of a “caliphate” and argued that the statements were damaging to the Muslim community, according to Reuters: “Such declarations have no legitimacy whatsoever,” Mehmet Gormez, head of the Religious Affairs Directorate, the highest religious authority in Turkey, which, although a majority Muslim country, has been a secular state since the 1920s. “Since the caliphate was abolished … there have been movements that think they can pull together the Muslim world by re-establishing a caliphate, but they have nothing to do with reality, whether from a political or legal perspective.” Gormez said death threats against non-Muslims made by the group, formerly known as Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant (ISIL), were hugely damaging. “The statement made against Christians is truly awful. Islamic scholars need to focus on this (because) an inability to peacefully sustain other faiths and cultures heralds the collapse of a civilization,” he told Reuters in an interview. [Reuters, 7/22/14]

CAIR Repeatedly Condemned The Islamic State As “Un-Islamic And Morally Repugnant.” In a July 7 statement, the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) called the terrorist group “un-Islamic and morally repugnant,” noted that the Islamic State’s “human rights abuses on the ground are well-documented,” and called on other Muslim community leaders to speak out against the violence. CAIR reiterated the condemnation of the Islamic State as “both un-Islamic and morally repugnant” on August 11, and on August 21, CAIR once again condemned the group, calling the killing of American journalist James Foley “gruesome and barbaric”: We strongly condemn this gruesome and barbaric killing as a violation of Islamic beliefs and of universally-accepted international norms mandating the protection of prisoners and journalists during conflicts. The Geneva Conventions, the Quran – Islam’s revealed text – and the traditions (hadith) of the Prophet Muhammad all require that prisoners not be harmed in any way. There can be no excuse or justification for such criminal and bloodthirsty actions. We also call on those holding Steven Sotloff and other prisoners to immediately release them unharmed so they may return to their loved ones. [Council on American-Islamic Relations, 7/7/14; Council on American-Islamic Relations, 8/11/14; Council on American-Islamic Relations, 8/20/14]

The Muslim Council Of Great Britain: “Violence Has No Place In Religion.” The Muslim Council of Great Britain condemned the Islamic State’s actions and expressed that they do not represent Sunni Muslims, according to The Independent. Shuja Shafi, a member of the council also said: “Violence has no place in religion, violence has no religion. It is prohibited for people to present themselves for destruction.” [The Independent, 7/11/14]

The Islamic Society of North America: The Islamic State’s Actions “Are To Be Denounced And Are In No Way Representative Of What Islam Actually Teaches. The Islamic Society of North America (ISNA) released a statement denouncing the Islamic State “for its attacks on Iraq’s religious minorities and the destruction of their places of worship.” ISNA President Imam Mohamed Magid said, “ISIS actions against religious minorities in Iraq violate the Quranic teaching, ‘Let there be no compulsion in religion’ (Surat al-Baqara 2:256),” adding, “Their actions are to be denounced and are in no way representative of what Islam actually teaches.” [The Islamic Society of North America, 8/9/14]

100 Sunni And Shiite U.K. Imams: The Islamic State Is An “Illegitimate, Vicious Group.” As the Huffington Post reported, 100 Sunni and Shiite Imams from the U.K. came together to produce a video denouncing the Islamic State, releasing a statement that they wanted to “come together to emphasise the importance of unity in the UK and to decree ISIS as an illegitimate, vicious group who do not represent Islam in any way.” (Please see below)

Saudi Arabia’s Highest Religious Authority: Terrorists Like The Islamic State Is The “Number One Enemy Of Islam.” On August 19, Al Jazeera reported that Saudi Arabia’s grand mufti, Abdulaziz al-Sheikh, the country’s top religious authority, said that terrorism is anti-Islamic and said that groups like the Islamic State which practice violence are the “number one enemy of Islam”: Extremist and militant ideas and terrorism which spread decay on Earth, destroying human civilisation, are not in any way part of Islam, but are enemy number one of Islam, and Muslims are their first victims. [Al Jazeera, 8/19/14]

Muslim Public Affairs Council: Condemned The Islamic State And Called For “Stand Against Extremism.” On August 20, the Muslim Public Affairs Council (MPAC) released a statement condemning “the barbaric execution of American Journalist James Foley by the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS).” MPAC urged “all people of conscience to take a stand against extremism” and offered condolences to Foley’s family. MPAC also noted the importance of countering ISIS and other extremist groups by working “to empower the mainstream and relegate extremists to the irrelevance they deserve.” [Muslim Public Affairs Council, 8/20/14]

Source - belief.net

edit on 14Thu, 19 Feb 2015 14:26:13 -060015p022015266 by Gryphon66 because: Formatting

edit on 14Thu, 19 Feb 2015 14:27:39 -060015p022015266 by Gryphon66 because: Provided missing link

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Telos

Sadly the truth of your words, will fly over many posters heads.

Brilliantly said.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   

If it's Catholic.org you might as well disregard that "article"...

The little "beheaded christian girl" is Fatima Meghlaj...
A Muslim killed by Assad's Airstrikes in Syria...

Not beheaded by ISIS.

Which is why people like myself wonder what persecution they are talking about...

When they have to hijack a poor little Muslim girl's murder for their "Christian" propaganda.

Those "Christians" will learn the hard way!
edit on 19-2-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   
And the Christians will paint their cities and temples with their blood, with a bright light, that is of the Morning Star, but it will hit like a Mace.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: infinityorder

death throws

Look like English and language is in its Death throes as well!

How is polytheism a relic of the past? You do realize that Hinduism is alive and thriving? Or do you only see through a myopic Abrahamic monotheistic world view?

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

If aliens do exist I think they're looking down on us wondering why we slaughter each other over a mythical fairytale we've been told as children

So after the "death of god" movement we now have "aliens looking down on us wondering..."
I have read this type of alien idealization so often on ATS over the last few years, it reminds me of Ronald Reagans words in 1985.

"... when you stop to think that we're all God's children, wherever we may live in the world, I couldn't help but say to him, just think how easy his task and mine might be in these meetings that we held if suddenly there was a threat to this world from some other species from another planet outside in the universe. We'd forget all the little local differences that we have between our countries and we would find out once and for all that we really are all human beings here on this earth together"

White House transcript of "Remarks of the President to Fallston High School Students and Faculty"

December 4, 1985

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

If Aliens do exist I wonder what they think of our other bickerings like meat over vegetarianism, or the perceived dangers of 2nd hand smoke.
One alien to another "silly humans, they taste good after we suck (smoke) their soul out"

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Onslaught2996

Do Archie fans want war on Garfield fans?

That redhead Archie doesnt exist! Its a polytheist cartoon. The Orange Garfield is my God! He loves lasagne!

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Someone here mentioned about abolishing all religion, and that we would have fewer problems if we did so...I see a lot of people equating Christianity to other religions, and how they are just as violent. The problem here is misrepresentation.
People use the name of religion for their own actions, even if the religion does not support their action. Christ never taught to kill people in His name, He taught to love and to love unconditionally. So those people who claim that they are doing atrocities in the name of Christ they simply are using the name, and being a false witness to what Christianity really is. One can claim to be a unicorn with wings, but they are actually a horse with fake wings strapped to their back. How can you tell the difference? obvious, one can't fly! You'll know the true Christians by their actions. Christ never endorsed atrocities, slandering, hate, anything that many groups and organizations who claim to be Christian stand for. They are misrepresenting it.

One another note, even if you abolished religion, atrocities would be committed in the name of some ideology. It's quite obvious if you look at certain governments who abolished religion and they killed people in the name of their ideology (look at the Soviet Union as an example. Millions of people were killed in the name of communism, most of them Christian). If you want to kill someone, you'll find anything that justifies that action, whether it be religion, ideology, whatever.

As for the outrage of ISIS killing Christians, it's not that Christians are all of a sudden upset now with ISIS because Christians are involved, they have been upset for a long time from that fact that ISIS is killing people in general. I think they are upset with the lack coverage from the media, and the general lack of acceptance that hey, not only are other people being slaughtered for not agreeing with ISIS, but along with them are Christians who are being targeted.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join