It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Issue #666 will conclude Archie Comics 70 year run

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 09:04 PM
link   
[link to www.comicbookresources.com]

This seems like an odd, and easily handled, decision for what purports to be a "wholesome and family friendly" property.

It's obviously intentional...but why? What is the backstory here...other than rubbing our noses in the satanic agenda.

Of course...Archie has been going dark lately. A mature spin-off series has Archie die protecting his gay friend. Another adults-only title has the undead running amok in Riverdale. Archie comics also has an imprint that loves using the word '#.' There have also been strange, dark pairings with Archie meeting the Predator, Kiss, and the Punisher.

[link to www.huffingtonpost.com]

[link to www.firstpost.com]

[link to www.bleedingcool.com]

[link to www.rollingstone.com]

[link to archiecomics.com]

Now I'm no bible thumper, nor am I the easily offended type. I am a bit of a tinfoil hat wearer. As word of the real Satanic agenda rearing it's head, and its adherents becoming more bold and brazen...this seems like it's so far gone now and they've truly won.

Or am I reading too much into Archie Comics #666 being a major milestone for the character and the company, creating a press event around it...but not acknowledging any significance with the number...just letting it lie there.

I just think the whole thing seems, at minimum, incredibly tone deaf. Again, something like an issue number is easily controlled. End the series at #665... #665.5...whatever. It's not like that number is something super obscure or some weirdo numerology trick. It's pretty much right out there. The only thing the numbering could be is intentional...and intentional to make some kind of point.

I mean...who even reads Archie Comics? Besides adult basement nerds, my guess is pre-teens...pre-teens in the Midwest to be more precise. That's the heart of the Bible Belt.

I don't know...this just feels so off...wrong...sinister in the worst way and targeted at innocence.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Also...Apparently Betty sold her soul to the devil in 1962...just so she could make out with Archie

[link to archiecomics.com]

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I don't think the links work (or at least on my iPad browser).
The #666 issue may be totally coincidental- that's a Lott of issues , had to end end sometime a reply to: larphillips

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Why couldn't they go another 34 and stop at an even 700 for 70 years. Man, I used to love Archie comics. I still have tons of them in a box somewhere. Archie, Little Archie, Jughead, Betty & Veronica, the Archie digest books. Honestly, I didn't know they were still publishing. I can't remember the last time I saw and Archie comic in a store.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 01:44 AM
link   
a reply to: larphillips

A good place to start looking for clues would be in the comics themselves. Usually if there's a message to get across it will be done through symbols in the background etc.

Being that I've read only a handful of Archie comics and don't own any I'm probably not the person to go looking but the thought is out there.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Hold it up to a mirror upside-down.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 05:09 AM
link   
I read Archie comics as a kid and don't know why I quit. They don't seem to be on every store's book shelf now day's.
Veronica was some kind of hot, I'd still like to _____ her.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 06:40 AM
link   
I'l have to catch up on my Archie lore.

I used to watch the T.V series a lot too and i read the comics a lot in school.

Everytime i go to store i check out the cover of Archie mags lol cuz they are everywhere basically.

Might have to pick up issue 666 just to say i have it

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 08:46 AM
link   
None of the links are working. Actually, they aren't even links. Just plain text...
edit on 2/18/2015 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Hm, there are six alternate covers, so I take it 666 issues is deliberate.

They're not ending Archie comics though, just this incarnation's run. "A new age for Archie Comics is set to dawn with the relaunched "Archie" #1, an ongoing series debuting sometime this summer"

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   
well archie certainly has covered demonic topics before. here's an example i found dealing with one of the characters getting literally possessed and the damaged/havoc that ensues. Quite frankly I had no idea that archie ever dealt with topics like this. everything ive ever read of archie gave me the impression that the comic was quite tame. My mother had a pretty decent Archie collection from reading them as a kid and shes as tame as can be, but perhaps there is something lurking in the shadows over at Archie comics...muwhahaha

next

next

last

/LOL
edit on 18-2-2015 by CallmeRaskolnikov because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Archie comics sucked. I have no idea how they made it to the ripe old number of 666. I used to hate going to the comic store and only seeing Archie comics in the 5 for a dollar bin. I think they were made for little girls. As for the antichrist thing, all publicity is good publicity when your comics don't sell.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 01:19 AM
link   

This song went to No.1 twice on the top 40 in 1969.

I don't believe any other song accomplished that.
So it was the record companies what did it!

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 03:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: CallmeRaskolnikov
well archie certainly has covered demonic topics before. here's an example i found dealing with one of the characters getting literally possessed and the damaged/havoc that ensues. Quite frankly I had no idea that archie ever dealt with topics like this. everything ive ever read of archie gave me the impression that the comic was quite tame. My mother had a pretty decent Archie collection from reading them as a kid and shes as tame as can be, but perhaps there is something lurking in the shadows over at Archie comics...muwhahaha

next

next

last

/LOL

I found this disturbing in at least 6 different ways.

top topics

join