It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meet the Mars 100

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 01:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
I suppose there's no sense them hanging around here with the rest of us slugs, huh?

Well said. It is also a good argument for recruiting suicide bombers BTW. There is a lot of people willing to risk death -- really a suicide mission -- for a greater good, well articulated by skillful marketers.

The question I have is how is this feat of shipping human beings to Mars going to be funded? We are talking about staggering costs to do this right. And for some reason, by the time all that money is spent, I don't think they are going to be soliciting people via a contest and a website to main this trillion dollar mission.

I think they will be more -- selective -- than that. At least, I hope so if they are using tax dollars to fund this thing.

It is a big step from presenting someone on a website and actually setting foot on the surface of Mars. I mean, Mars is 140 million miles away. Its kind of amazing and mind-blowing we can put robotic, non-breathing, non-eating spacecraft there.

This is a cool story. But I think it is playing to suckers. Sorry everyone, that's my opinion. Maybe I am wrong.

<< 1   >>

join