It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

YHWH And The Four Worlds

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 02:02 AM
link   
I would like to describe the Kabbalistic concept of the four worlds. Now, Kabbalistic terminology is fairly set in stone, but their is quite a range of interpretation. I will explain it as I am understanding it right now. First, the four worlds correspond to the four letters of the tetragrammaton, the sacred name for God, YHWH. Each letter corresponds to a world. It represents the process through which creation occurs. The multi-level dynamics of reality itself and the individual. In other words, each letter corresponds to a layer of our being, which corresponds to a layer of reality itself.

Yod, Y, corresponds to the world of atziluth, the archetypal world. According to one of the ways of seeing this fourfold relationship, it is 'the father.' It is supra-rational creativity. It is expressive by nature. To me it corresponds quite nicely to the ideas of Krishna given in the Bhagavad Gita. Creative and intentional, yet transcendental and infinite. Heh, H, corresponds to the world of briah, the creative world. The word used for 'creative,' briah, implies creation from nothing. This is the first potential for anything non-infinite. It is 'the mother.' It is the subconscious. It is the backdrop, the prima materia, the initial elastic substance which allows for all mental and physical phenomena.

W corresponds to the world of yetzirah, the world of formation. Formation, yetzirah, implies giving specific shape to something which already exists. This is the realm of our regular, conscious mind. Our mental tendencies, thoughts, intentions, all the ways in which we use our minds, correspond to the world of yetzirah, which corresponds to 'the son.' Creation is like a pulse which flows through Y to H to W to H, and then heads right back in the other direction. This is a continuous, back and forth exchange. Thus, to say our use of mind creates reality does not cover the entirety of the process of how creation works. However, our use of mind does represent the manner in which the creative pulse returns to its spiritual source from this physical realm. This physical realm corresponds to the final H, which is the world of assiah, the world of action. This is 'the daughter,' or 'the bride.' Everything physical falls under the world of assiah.

Again, creation is a pulse flowing back and forth through the name YHWH, through the four worlds. It is an ongoing process, always occurring. It occurs in the world at large, and in your world and being. To affect the world of assiah, take control of your actions. To affect the world of yetzirah, take control of your mind. Then the depths of the subconscious can be perceived and advantageously utilized. And then the infinite creative will can be attained to. 'As above, so below.' Our physical actions are mirrored throughout the four worlds, as are our mental actions. We ourselves affect the spiritual realms through our thoughts and deeds. And in so doing, the impulse is returned into our mental and physical realities.
edit on 17-2-2015 by TheJourney because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 06:32 AM
link   
This makes so much sense, thanks for posting. I always wondered why the Hebrews named their god with something unpronouncable. This really puts it in perspective.

S&F

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Well done. I appreciate your take on the information. It certainly brings a deeper understanding of the Law of Cause and Effect, or rather the idea of Karma as well.

You have illuminated, IMO, the path to liberation described through various cultural techniques IE Raja Yoga, Vajrayana Buddhism, Classic Taoist thought etc...and of course the Kabbalah.

The understanding being the easy part (but hugely important none the less), it's within the will and discipline to persevere with the practices that gain conscious control over each stage of the process described in the OP, that I find the true measure of success.

Great post.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Yod, Y, corresponds to the world of atziluth, the archetypal world. According to one of the ways of seeing this fourfold relationship, it is 'the father.' It is supra-rational creativity.

H, corresponds to the world of briah, the creative world. The word used for 'creative,' briah, implies creation from nothing.

W corresponds to the world of yetzirah, the world of formation. Formation, yetzirah, implies giving specific shape to something which already exists

H This physical realm corresponds to the final H, which is the world of assiah, the world of action.

All together now!.....

One is a son of god, the other a son of man.

edit on 17-2-2015 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wifibrains

Yod, Y, corresponds to the world of atziluth, the archetypal world. According to one of the ways of seeing this fourfold relationship, it is 'the father.' It is supra-rational creativity.

H, corresponds to the world of briah, the creative world. The word used for 'creative,' briah, implies creation from nothing.

W corresponds to the world of yetzirah, the world of formation. Formation, yetzirah, implies giving specific shape to something which already exists

H This physical realm corresponds to the final H, which is the world of assiah, the world of action.

All together now!.....

One is a son of god, the other a son of man.

I was just thinking about the thing where if you place YHWH vertically, it resembles the human form. But you beat me to it
as you say, it calls to mind the idea of microcosm and microcosm, man a microcosm of God. Adam Qadmon is the hebrew word for the primordial man, man's ultimate form and nature which is the same image as the divine.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket
Well done. I appreciate your take on the information. It certainly brings a deeper understanding of the Law of Cause and Effect, or rather the idea of Karma as well.

You have illuminated, IMO, the path to liberation described through various cultural techniques IE Raja Yoga, Vajrayana Buddhism, Classic Taoist thought etc...and of course the Kabbalah.

The understanding being the easy part (but hugely important none the less), it's within the will and discipline to persevere with the practices that gain conscious control over each stage of the process described in the OP, that I find the true measure of success.

Great post.

Thank you, and you make good points. I also agree that one can really find a very similar, some may even say identical in essence, paths and understanding across the spiritual spectrum. It can all help in illuminating one another. And also, as you say, persistent application of the information is key. It is easy to be complacent with information, but information can serve as a foundation.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wifibrains

I really love that picture..

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Also, I think kabbalistic conceptions and terminology at times demonstrate a resonance with Jesus and his teachings. For instance, the four worlds line up nicely with the trinity, in addition to the concept of the Kingdom of God or Heaven. Y is the Father, the first H is the Holy Spirit, W is the Son. The final H is the Kingdom. This can be demonstrated when the four worlds are seen in light of the tree of life, which can be found at the bottom of this post. In the tree of life diagram, the sephirah malkuth, which means the kingdom, corresponds to the world of Assiah. H final can also be called the bride. This is because it is the bride of the Son, who is the self-actualized Mind.

10, the foundation of our whole numeric system. The kabbalah teaches a resonance between 1 and 10, Kether and Malkuth, the infinite God and the physical reality. Malkuth, the Kingdom, becomes Kether of a new creation. What seems to me to be another demonstration of this in the Hebrew system, with the letters and their numerical values. There are 22 letters. They count up by 1's, 10'a, and 100's, up to 400 which is the value of tau, the final letter. However, there are 5 letters which have a different form when they are the last letter of a word. These are given higher values, continuing the count of 100's. Tzaddi final, the last final, thus has a value of 900. The next number of this natural sequence would be 100. And with the alphabet, it would begin again with aleph, having a value of 1. Recall the biblical quote, one day to God is as 1000 years. A concept which elucidates this, which is another major concept of the Kabbalah, is tzimtzum, constriction. It is said that God was originally purely infinite, thus nothing finite could exist at all. Thus tzimtzum had to occur, God had to restrict his infinite light. This is likened to an empty slot being dug out amidst an infinitude of fullness. With this restriction, and the resultant opening, the evolution of physical reality occurred.

When the individual becomes self-actualized in his own consciousness, Malkuth is perceived as a direct reflection of one's self. It seems to me that this creates another tzimtzum, that makes Malkuth a new Kether. A new empty slot is dug out, this time being filled with the nuances of one's own self-realized consciousness. The reality then evolves according to that consciousness. And this is the highest spiritual aim.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   
The correct connection between the Tree of Life and the gematria number values of the three types of Hebrew letters making up the Godname Yahweh is not the ad hoc, non-theoretically-based one proposed by the OP but the following:
Y = 10
H = 5
V = 6
H = 5
Total = 26

The gematria number value 26 of Yahweh denotes, in the context of the physical universe, the 26 dimensions of space-time predicted by quantum mechanics for spinless, 1-dimensional objects called "bosonic strings." Yah (Hebrew:YH) has the number value 15. It denotes the 15 compactified dimensions beyod the 11-dimensional space-time predicted by superstring theory and its generalisation - M-theory. V = 6 denotes the six compactified dimensions predicted by superstring theory. H = 5 refers to the remaining five dimensions of 11-dimensional space-time.
The division 26 = 15 + 11 denotes the distinction between the 11 space-time dimensions predicted by M-theory and the extra 15 spatial dimensions predicted by bosonic string theory before supersymmetry is imposed on strings.

In a more general context, the mathematical sequence:
point
line
triangle
tetrahedron,
which makes up what sacred geometry theoretician Dr Stephen Phillips (website here) has identified as the "trunk" of the Tree of Life because they represent the integers 1, 2, 3 & 4, are composed of 26 points, lines, triangles & tetrahedra. The point, line & triangle has 11 such geometrical elements and the tetrahedron comprises 15 such geometrical elements.
The mathematical way in which the Godnames associated with all 10 Sephiroth of the Tree of Life prescribe the Lie group E8 involved in the interactions of E8xE8 heterotic superstrings is explained in the two PDFs "Mathematical meanings of the Names of God" freely downloadable from the link on the right-hand side of Phillips' homepage. The way in which the Tree of Life and its sacred-geometrical counterparts in other religions embody the physics of superstrings can be studied at his website.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Really good effort at simplifying what nobody will disagree is a daunting subject for comprehension.

I've read one or two books on the Kabbalah, and still feel I'm only just scratching the surface. I believe that to fully comprehend the subject, you need to discipline yourself to meditate upon it fully, for a long period of time, returning again & again, until you have it in hand, as a tangible shade of understanding that you can come back to as needed - the beginning of a thread that will lead you anywhere on the tapestry.

I believe my failing to understand it properly at this stage, is simply because I leap around from subject to subject, and lack the discipline as yet, to be fully centred on expounding the fine detail of what is there to be found.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I just started my journey through my ascension thx for putting it in simple terms

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 01:32 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Jehovah is real. He sees this.

Also he has put a curse on anyone using his name in a profane way.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Interesting. What evidence do you have?

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   
YHWH (Hebrew, "being") is In-Formation. Perhaps the "being" of the Akashic field?

Elohim is the 4 forces of nature i.e. gravity, electromagnetism and the strong-weak nuclear forces.

It may turn out that the atoms which make up our physical body - currently estimated at 10 octillion, or 1 with 28 zeros, may be a number with 26 digits i.e. that the "liberation of consciousness" (mediated by a relation to YHWH) occurs at that level of organized biodynamical complexity.

YHWH is the 'information of reality' as known by the Human mind. The Human mind at its most ethereal touches an even higher name (EHYH) - or state of being - which corresponds to the "tip of the yod" of the former name.

All in all, if the Human organism successfully processes biodynamical energy organized by Elohim, and in-formed by YHWH, to establish a state of "perfect coherency" between top and bottom, then an actual capacity to in-form the structure of physical emerges as a result.

Yes, very very different from how we generally think the world works.

External knowledge almost seems banal in comparison.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Yod, Y, corresponds to the world of atziluth, the archetypal world. According to one of the ways of seeing this fourfold relationship, it is 'the father.' It is supra-rational creativity. It is expressive by nature. To me it corresponds quite nicely to the ideas of Krishna given in the Bhagavad Gita. Creative and intentional, yet transcendental and infinite. Heh, H, corresponds to the world of briah, the creative world. The word used for 'creative,' briah, implies creation from nothing. This is the first potential for anything non-infinite. It is 'the mother.' It is the subconscious. It is the backdrop, the prima materia, the initial elastic substance which allows for all mental and physical phenomena.

Interesting read but I have a slightly different interpretation to yours, in Genesis, in creation, whereas "God saw the light, that it was good, and God divided the light from the darkness" was when the CREATOR created the world of Atziluth and others by separating light (good=altruistic desires) from darkness (evil= egotistical desires). So I see the world of Atziluth in Judiasm as the awakening of the atma (pure soul) in Hinduism from that of samsara (wandering in lower worlds/states).

Although the Christian Trinity (Father, Son, Holy Ghost) might relate to Hindu's (Brahman, Atman, and Maya) it seems Kabbalah only hints at the three aspects without focusing on them (Torah Genesis 1:27=So God created mankind in his own image (2x) and of cause the manifestation of the Creators will, physical reality itself (1x)).

Good stuff.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: glend

There's a more basic trinity of feeling, action and perception.

If you want the most "reduced" structure of our phenomenology (the structuring of our sense of meaning) we are a "feeling being", which is led by its own predictive-brain processes to find "coherent" meanings in terms of the last established meaning.

In development, meaning moves from interpersonal correlation processes, at the tactile level (as an in infant) which is then "rerepresented" in metaphorical form when language emerges at 2.

If you follow the dynamics of growth in terms of the interpersonal context with others, every last moment structures the affect-action-perception system to move to organizations that best "relax" the systems stress (error correction) systems.

Mysticism, Kabbalah, etc, is important, but the ancient don't have the type of external knowledge, evidence, and study that we have, just as we have lost access to certain "right brain" forms of knowing.

This is the era of the "left", you could say. One Jewel of a concept that has emerged out of our era, which can be used for self-understanding, and to promote self-awareness in schools and the education process, is to understand how we self-organize, and so, to recognize how our brain is always searching for "coherency", or ways to relax it's affective anxiety.

There is no truth in my mind - with more empirical evidence, study, research and theory behind it - than this concept. It gives you access to the elements of your awareness - i.e. how perceptions which affect you have a logical basis in your ecological interpersonal history, and these perceptions are densely woven with your motivations in your acting as a person.

You want real precise understanding of self? Paying attention to the now is important; but it's also important recognize the relationship between how you've been affected by what you perceive, and how your motivated to act - the logic of "self-defense" that is often there - as a response. The self is "constrained" by the nature of its past experiences - so if there is trauma, or unprocessed trauma, it will indicate itself by irritable feelings, negative responses to other peoples feelings (usually those intimating weakness, struggle, etc) and a generalized cynicism to the World.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I successfully didn't comprehend anything over a paragraph in this.(Including posts.)
edit on 26-9-2016 by imjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Astrocyte

Yes you can logically work yourself into enlightenment but that doesn't necessarily mean that its the correct or fastest road for everyone. If you have an unselfish desire to help others, you do not need to read or understand any religions, nor self diagnose your own mental pathways, enlightenment will just happen. So education or logic is not the only path to enlightenment, in many ways, it can be detrimental.

Which is why meditation is very important to many people. Meditation is about controlling the random thoughts of egotism and doubt that continually bombard our consciousness. By meditating we can quiet the barrage of noise that our brains generate so we can again hear the subtle voice of our soul. We are spiritual beings first. The material being are just cloths, they do not speak for us.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: imjack

I am not sure I do either.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join