It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many human rights do we still have and how can we get the others back

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I watched a youtube and it mentioned not being taught the laws or the 30 guaranteed human rights in school (isn't that more important than whether to use a comma, colon or semi colon.
I wasn't either but here they are straight from the UN website.

[QUOTE] realization of this pledge,

Now, Therefore THE GENERAL ASSEMBLY proclaims THIS UNIVERSAL DECLARATION OF HUMAN RIGHTS as a common standard of achievement for all peoples and all nations, to the end that every individual and every organ of society, keeping this Declaration constantly in mind, shall strive by teaching and education to promote respect for these rights and freedoms and by progressive measures, national and international, to secure their universal and effective recognition and observance, both among the peoples of Member States themselves and among the peoples of territories under their jurisdiction.

^ Top

Article 1.
•All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.

^ Top

Article 2.
•Everyone is entitled to all the rights and freedoms set forth in this Declaration, without distinction of any kind, such as race, colour, sex, language, religion, political or other opinion, national or social origin, property, birth or other status. Furthermore, no distinction shall be made on the basis of the political, jurisdictional or international status of the country or territory to which a person belongs, whether it be independent, trust, non-self-governing or under any other limitation of sovereignty.

^ Top

Article 3.
•Everyone has the right to life, liberty and security of person.

^ Top

Article 4.
•No one shall be held in slavery or servitude; slavery and the slave trade shall be prohibited in all their forms.

^ Top

Article 5.
•No one shall be subjected to torture or to cruel, inhuman or degrading treatment or punishment.

^ Top

Article 6.
• Everyone has the right to recognition everywhere as a person before the law.

^ Top

Article 7.
• All are equal before the law and are entitled without any discrimination to equal protection of the law. All are entitled to equal protection against any discrimination in violation of this Declaration and against any incitement to such discrimination.

^ Top

Article 8.
• Everyone has the right to an effective remedy by the competent national tribunals for acts violating the fundamental rights granted him by the constitution or by law.

^ Top

Article 9.
• No one shall be subjected to arbitrary arrest, detention or exile.

^ Top

Article 10.
• Everyone is entitled in full equality to a fair and public hearing by an independent and impartial tribunal, in the determination of his rights and

[/QUOTE]

www.un.org...

Looks a lot like the US bill of rights - that we no longer seem to have.

Something needs to change.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I'm a US citizen, born and raised, coming up on thirty years on this planet- and I've never heard of most of these.

Just scanning through them, they've all been overruled.

#3 is questionable.

#4, we're all owned by the central banks.

#5 I'm fairly certain was blown away by our own government, intentionally, just for funzies.

#6, 7 and 8 just make me laugh.

#9 and #10, we've got death squads roaming the streets wearing badges- executing people at will....

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: VforVendettea

The document effectively means nothing. As stated in the preamble it is a "common standard of achievement", which effectively means; Oh please, pretty please, try and be nice but if you can't try and be quite about it.

As for the actual number of real bonafide prosecutable rights we have, drop the 3 from the UN number and you've got it.

Kind Regards
Myselfaswell

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Only way to get them back is not to vote for the two party system anymore. Both have infringed on our rights as individuals. You want it fixed? Quit voting for those that work for corporations. Don't allow any of them to testify or influence congress anymore. Make lobbying illegal. No corporate donations to politicians. Call it what it is, bribery. Any politician or corporation doing such activities will be fined 10x the amount. Not a small amount to make it still worth it to do it. A lien against their property if they don't pay. Set for auction if they don't pay the fine. Incentive not to do it.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Human rights are an inherent, inalienable, gift bestowed upon every child born from the Earth. If we all exercised them, there would't be a damned thing anybody could do about it.

edit on 15-2-2015 by kennyb72 because: Quote

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Been overruled? That would be the main issue!!!!!! The whole point!!! Never heard of them. Sorry about the education system you were raised in. If you support these rights being gone. You don't deserve freedom. As you are an oppressor. a reply to: lordcomac

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   
"Document means nothing"? What kind of educational system did you have. These are the things that were fought for and this country was based on in it's creation. GO back to school. Learn some history. a reply to: myselfaswell

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: roth1
Only way to get them back is not to vote for the two party system anymore. Both have infringed on our rights as individuals. You want it fixed? Quit voting for those that work for corporations. Don't allow any of them to testify or influence congress anymore. Make lobbying illegal. No corporate donations to politicians. Call it what it is, bribery. Any politician or corporation doing such activities will be fined 10x the amount. Not a small amount to make it still worth it to do it. A lien against their property if they don't pay. Set for auction if they don't pay the fine. Incentive not to do it.

While I mostly agree, your strategy will only go so far because nothing will change as long as money dominates politics.

And money ain't going nowhere so the frog will continue to boil. There's no going back (retrieving our lost rights), unless someone hits the "RESET" button... And if the "RESET" button does get pushed, you'll likely see the first line of The Georgia Guidestones become reality:

"Maintain humanity under 500,000,000"

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: roth1

I suggest you re-read my post. I don't take real kindly to being mis-quoted, nor do I take real kindly to any suggestion, implied or otherwise, that I do not understand the genesis of the document and it's intent.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Human rights and international law are only ever invoked before the UNSC when it fits the agenda of the mighty in this world. I doubt there is one nation on this planet that really implements either.

And who would enforce them anyways?

Recent history has shown that there is no player left holding the needed integrity and authenticity.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 09:00 PM
link   
That's funny. The supreme court. the highest court in the nation seems to interpret it differently. As they base laws on it. ( constitutional or unconstitutional ) Many state laws have been upheld or stricken down on that basis. a reply to: myselfaswell

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 09:04 PM
link   
If you have strong evidence to support that then you stop asking and take what's rightfully yours. You may never see the fruits if this labor but if you work hard enough and risk enohgh your kids might.

The question you need to ask yourself now is, is It worth it?

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Like Dirty Harry said, "Well I'm just all broken up about that mans rights."

Here we are… thanks a lot, you asshole.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 09:50 PM
link   
The list is really well written and I think we should all be striving to help these principles become reality. Obviously, many of these rights are currently in jeopardy, but I like the list.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 11:44 PM
link   
We have no rights left, because we never had any rights to begin with. We will never get our rights back, because there is no such thing as rights.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 03:28 AM
link   

How many human rights do we still have - very few

and how can we get the others back - By demanding more and more referendums until the US and all other countries become ruled by referendums. Democracy is much more that casting a vote every 3, 5 or 6 years whenever. Democracy is also about participating in the government system and by having the final say in major policy areas and legislative programs.

The idea that we elect about 0.000000001 percent of the population to rule the rest of us is just not on anymore. We the people, must change things so that we the people, become the only house of review in the government system which means that new initiatives like invasion of Syria and Obama care cannot become law until the legislation is passed by the people in a referendum.

I could go on but I think you get the drift, but it wont happen until we the people start demanding it and becoming participants in the government process and not allow our selves to be relegated to mere spectators between elections.

do you agree?

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Seems a bit iffy. Equality is in number one, but they seem to have missed off free speech, freedom of association and the right to bear arms.

It's almost as if they have a different agenda. Communists trying to take over the world?

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Karl Lenz is one who knows a bit about this got his child back using common law from the government
www.youtube.com...

top topics

join