It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

13 year old may be The First Human to land on Mars

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   
from UPRISER.com
and TECH TIMES

Alyssa Carson is just 13 years old yet soon enough she will be the first person to land on the red planet – Mars. She has been involved with NASA for over 9 year now and she is hopefully going to take part in the launch of the human mission to Mars in 2030. Her adventure started from a young age of 3 where she told her father that she wanted to be an astronaut when she’s older. Her father like most parents told her that she could be whatever she wanted to be, not realizing the gravity of her statement. He soon found her studying maps of Mars and so decided to take her to space camp which she explains in an interview that the few days were probably one of the best. She is able to speak four languages and already gives speeches for other kids to follow their dreams.

While she still has some time to the big launch, she is the first person to have attended all three NASA’s space camps which gives astronauts the opportunity to to experience zero gravity and space flight simulations. Alyssa has also completed the five-day space camps which test the physical abilities of the participants and also, the NASA Passport Program with involves traveling to all of the the U.S.’s space agency’s 14 Visitor Centers in America. She hopes to be the first person to explore Mars in person and she has been making preparations for more or less a decade now, saying that the main reason for her urge to go there is that “it’s a place no one has been” and that “it could be our next Earth”

What a courageous intelligent Girl. I bet we see BIG things in her future!

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   
She sure is , you ask yourself what is it that Mars has this attraction to her, maybe a lost Martian soul?

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: DjembeJedi

Awesome post, S&F!

Yes, I agree this young lady will go places. There is hope for our young people.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   
How is she going to get there without Stanley Kubrick? Who is going to build the Mars sets?

One a serious note I hope she is the first person to get there, that would be a fantastic accomplishment.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   
By looking at those ears she might be wanting to just return to her home planet.

Joke of course.

I hope she makes her dreams come true. Great reach for a young person.

Peace

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

How is she going to get there without Stanley Kubrick? Who is going to build the Mars sets?..

Kubrick's visions of the Moon in 2001: A Space Odyssey were not very realistic, so I'm not sure if he could have built a realistic Mars set:

[and yes, I realize 'AugustusMasonicus' was only kidding
]

As for this young lady...
I'll have to make note of her name for future reference.

edit on 2/15/2015 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   

I thought this was going to be a 'bang, zoom!' joke thread a la The Honeymooners.

Much better, thanks!

+13 more 
posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   

I know everyone here likes a "feel good story" but.. doesn't this seem bizarre to anyone else..?

a 13 year old takes an early interest in Mars and suddenly she's the FIRST person to attend all THREE space camps? THE FIRST to do so?? How is that the case?? Not one other person has had the time (or money?) to attend three 5-day camps??? I know I would have done that in a second, were I given the chance.

Not to mention, how does her "knowing four languages" apply to being an astronaut..? Tho It does do a good job of getting people thinking "wow, she's real smart", and hence people think "oh well golly, I could never go into outer space cuz I just ain't that smart" and ugh.. I'm so sick of this mindset.

my point: just because she is young and has had a good education (I do wish I had parents that exposed me to multiple languages early-on), in what way is this person suddenly supposed to be a possibility for the FIRST PERSON ON MARS..??

I'm sure there's only a billion (or so) other people upon the planet which are just as (if not moreso) qualified.
sorry to be a downer haha

edit on 15-2-2015 by HyphenSt1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-2-2015 by HyphenSt1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   
undoubtedly she's a little girl with a future... but she won't have one on mars... and she's 13... going to mars to die there is no life for a little girl imo... but i applaud her achievements so far ..

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   

I am very very jelous i would jump at the first opportunity to leave this planet. Even if there was a guaranteed death but i got to leave the planet for a few years id do it.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Remember when you were young you thought you were 10 foot tall and indestructible , radiation was just a word and you would live pain free forever .

This kid is getting played for a sucker i think , why not put people at the end of their lives on Mars first to build all the under ground shelters they will need to survive .

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyteeny
a reply to: douglas5

Did I miss somewhere that said this was a one way trip?

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I think all the plans were going to be a 1 way thing , no coming back just a resupply trip every 3 months

www.independent.co.uk...< br />
edit on 15/2/2015 by douglas5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: HyphenSt1
Not to mention, how does her "knowing four languages" apply to being an astronaut..?

I agree with all of your post, as much as it's cool that she has this huge interest and is young and adorable, she still is a kid and definitely not as qualified as someone who has been training for years.

That said, about the languages thing, you never know what could go wrong out there. If she lost her communication with the base and had to rely on getting in touch with Earth by whatever means, it may help knowing more than one language.

That's the only thing I've learnt from Sandra Bullock's stupid and useless character on Gravity.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   

This is frustrating because I really really really want a chance to go to Mars :l

I remember when the organization did that thing where they offered a chance for Mars colonization. I was frustrated and saddened because I was not old enough to participate

But oh well everyone will get there chance one day . Im proud of her

edit on 15-2-2015 by Kuroodo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: douglas5

Did you read the links in the Original Post? This is a NASA program and their objective has always been a roundtrip. The link you provided was Mars One which is not the same.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: LukeDAP
I agree with all of your post, as much as it's cool that she has this huge interest and is young and adorable, she still is a kid and definitely not as qualified as someone who has been training for years.

By the time 2030 rolls around she will have been training for years.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
By the time 2030 rolls around she will have been training for years.

My mistake, I did that stupid thing where I only read the title and decided I knew enough about the subject.

This is probably why I'm not the one going to Mars...

Sorry!

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I find it refreshing anytime I see a child these days who has both goals and the discipline to work hard toward accomplishing those goals. I also think it's great when I see girls who nurture an interest in the science/math fields. I say good for her. Hopefully she doesn't let any cynical grownups bring her down.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join