It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Myers-Briggs Personality Test

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   
A somewhat unrelated thread brought this test up and I have to admit that I love personality tests like this one... I went looking, but the threads that have touched this subject are old and abandoned, sometimes with outdated links, so...

PERSONALITY TEST

POSSIBLE RESULTS

I'll get the ball rolling. I'm a INTJ. This is one of the most interesting characteristics, IMO:

INTJs are simultaneously the most starry-eyed idealists and the bitterest of cynics, a seemingly impossible conflict. But this is because INTJ types tend to believe that with effort, intelligence and consideration, nothing is impossible, while at the same time they believe that people are too lazy, short-sighted or self-serving to actually achieve those fantastic results.

Now... what is YOUR personality and what is the most interesting trait about it (in your opinion)?

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I seen "takes less than 12 minutes" so I willingly default to the lazy category.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   

PERSONALITY: ENTJ
VARIANT: ASSERTIVE
ROLE: ANALYST
You are one of the Analysts - a rational and impartial individual who enjoys intellectual pursuits and prizes independence. You are known for your strategic thinking skills, self-confidence and leadership abilities. Above you will find a brief overview of your personality traits - proceed to the type overview to learn much more about your personality type. Prepare to be impressed.

Not bad

~Tenth

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Well I ended up as an ISFP which after reading about really isn't me so I either don't understand myself well and am conflicted therefore answered incorrectly on a few questions or the quiz is bunk.

ISFP personality types are true artists, but not necessarily in the typical sense where they're out painting happy little trees. Often enough though, they are perfectly capable of this. Rather, it's that they use aesthetics, design and even their choices and actions to push the limits of social convention. ISFPs enjoy upsetting traditional expectations with experiments in beauty and behavior - chances are, they've expressed more than once the phrase "Don't box me in!"

It's probably a bit of both.

edit on 2/14/2015 by Kukri because: Added quote

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I am a sentinel, apparently.

How fitting

Sorry, left out the letters. ISTJ
edit on 14-2-2015 by Shamrock6 because: Letters n such

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: LukeDAP

I got ENTP. I have no idea what all this means. It reads kind of like a horoscope honestly. I want it to be true...

It was still a cool little value check. I will say that.

Mind- 31% extroverted

Energy- 14% intuitive

Nature- 4% thinking

Tactics- 29% prospecting

Identity- 43 % assertive

PERSONALITY: ENTP
VARIANT: ASSERTIVE
ROLE: ANALYST
You are one of the Analysts - a rational and impartial individual who enjoys intellectual pursuits and prizes independence. You are known for your debating skills, self-confidence and impressive knowledge. Above you will find a brief overview of your personality traits.

Famous ENTPs:
John Adams James A. Garfield Rutherford B. Hayes Theodore Roosevelt Thomas Edison George Carlin "Weird Al" Yankovic Alfred Hitchcock Tom Hanks David Spade Céline Dion Alexander the Great

I can live with that list...LOL

edit on 2 14 2015 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Kukri

That does happen.
I once got a different result (although it did describe me quite well too), so I guess it depends on how you're feeling on that particular day.

Unrelated to your post, but what you said about not understanding yourself and being conflicted about the answers made me wonder... how would some disorders affect this type of test? Such as schizophrenia or dissociative identity disorder. I'm not an expert, but I believe they might be considered personality disorders? Even if not, they do affect people's personalities.

It'd be interesting to see how different their results could be on different days or under different circumstances (for example, if they take meds, how different would their results be if they took the test on their meds and a few days later off the meds?)...

I guess I'll be thinking about this all day now.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I've done this test a couple of times and always come up INTJ.

Last time, though, I got 100 per cent Introverted which might seem a bit extreme.

BTW I used all my intelligence, effort and consideration to find the percentage key on this keyboard - all to no avail. Seems some things really are impossible

Unless I can blame my short-sight...

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I've taken this a couple of times, years apart and I was an INTJ both times. High five me!

Sal

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   
INJF, variant: turbulent, role: diplomat.

Introverted 71%
Intuitive 7%
Feeling 58%
Judging 36%
Turbulent 81%

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   
ENTP for what that's worth....interesting post friend....

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   
PERSONALITY: INFP
VARIANT: TURBULENT
ROLE: DIPLOMAT
You are one of the Diplomats - an empathic and idealistic individual who enjoys exploring interesting ideas and prizes morality. You are known for your poetic nature, intuitive skills and pure, childlike enthusiasm.
The test results claim:
55% Introverted Mind ( Prefer solitary activities,think before speaking, exhausted by social interaction.)
42% Intuitive Energy ( Imaginative, focus on what might happen,rely on intuition.)
18% Feeling Nature ( Sensitivity, seek cooperation and harmony.)
28% Prospecting Tactics ( Relaxed work environment, keep options open, good at improvising and seek freedom.)
34% Turbulent Identity (Perfectionist, self conscious)

Honestly incredibly accurate.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Fellow INTJ. The judgment (J) aspect was something that I had a hard time trying to come to terms with. For example, my musician friend sent me a sample of his latest work and I then proceeded to tell him what I thought of his songs, and what it was that made them good. He seemed a bit offended and I couldn't figure out why, as I had nothing but compliments. Turns out he's P...all he wanted was for me to listen to and enjoy his songs, rather than dissect and analyze them.

Knowing my personality type and those of others has been really beneficial, especially in the workplace: that lesson above taught me to be a bit more mindful and helps me navigate around scenarios that in the past would have lead to conflict.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Here is mine, and I must say after reading the whole report it fits me to a T.

VARIANT:
ASSERTIVE
ROLE:
ANALYST

The INTP personality type is fairly rare, making up only three percent of the population, which is definitely a good thing for them, as there's nothing they'd be more unhappy about than being "common". INTPs pride themselves on their inventiveness and creativity, their unique perspective and vigorous intellect. Usually known as the philosopher, the architect, or the dreamy professor, INTPs have been responsible for many scientific discoveries throughout history.

Strength of individual traits:

Introverted: 26%
Intuitive: 40%
Thinking: 25%
Prospecting: 10%
Assertive: 28%

edit on 14-2-2015 by threeeyesopen because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-2-2015 by threeeyesopen because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Here it goes:

ENTP - The Innovator

ENTPs are known for their quest of the novel and complex. They have faith in
their ability to improvise and to overcome any challenges that they face. They
are highly independent, and value adaptability and innovation. They may be
several steps ahead of others in encouraging and valuing change. They hate
uninspired routine and resist hierarchical and bureaucratic structures that are
not functional. They need freedom for action.

I had all of the directors of our company complete these tests and the results were amazingly accurate on a macro scale. It was fun for us to laugh and identify with the corresponding attributes of each other's reports against the actual person. There is no guarantee however of the person always acting the same at all times and therefore as a rough profile for tenancies, it is okay however, it cannot be relied upon for serious decisions (just put in there for the pedantic folks out there….

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I have to admit that I'm really enjoying seeing everybody's results!

*quietly analyses ATS members*

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Ha, I've always turned up INTJ over the years, even on assessments more extensive than this one. This one turned me up as INTP.

85% Introverted
30% Intuitive
41% Thinking
30% Prospecting
64% Assertive

I'll get my husband to take it when he returns, and we'll see where he lands. I think part of the switch between J and P may come from my changed work environment. I still work in publishing with a deadline, but the job position I've moved into is one that allows me to flex my creative muscle more. It's also one where I need to zen or I'd live under a constant state of freak out. Consequently, I've learned to stop worrying and love the deadline.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: threeeyesopen

Here is mine, and I must say after reading the whole report it fits me to a T.

I was going to say the exact same thing.

Yep, I'm INTP also.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Personality: INFP
Variant: Turbulent
Role: Diplomat

You are one of the Diplomats - an empathic and idealistic individual who enjoys exploring interesting ideas and prizes morality. You are known for your poetic nature, intuitive skills and pure, childlike enthusiasm.

79% Introverted
37% Intuitive
38% Prospecting
15% Turbulent

The test seems accurate enough to me for what it is. I found it interesting that I'm among only about 4% of the population. Did anyone else catch their percentage?

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   
If I fall out INTJ, then I'm part of about 2% but even rare because women very seldom are. If the INTP is correct, then 3%. Since, I've always tested INTJ before ... I lean that way I think. So between 2 to 3% and the rare woman among men.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join