It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Myers-Briggs Personality Test

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I had posted another link to the test yesterday on the board . I am a INFJ

The INFJ personality type is very rare, making up less than one percent of the population, but they nonetheless leave their mark on the world. As Diplomats (NF), they have an inborn sense of idealism and morality, but what sets them apart is the accompanying Judging (J) trait – INFJs are not idle dreamers, but people capable of taking concrete steps to realize their goals and make a lasting positive impact.

I can swing to a INTJ sometimes so it's a variable for me ...peace

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Did this years ago, I am an INFJ

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   
My husband is INFP.

22% Introverted
21% Intuitive
12% Feeling
48% Prospecting
8% Assertive

He's a lot less gelled than I am.

edit on 14-2-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   
ISFJ

a reliable and dedicated individual who respects traditions and prizes responsibility. You are known for your caring nature, attention to detail and quiet dedication.

The ISFJ personality type is quite unique, as many of their qualities defy the definition of their individual traits. Though possessing the Feeling (F) trait, ISFJs have excellent analytical abilities; though Introverted (I), they have well-developed people skills and robust social relationships; and though they are a Judging (J) type, ISFJs are often receptive to change and new ideas.

edit on 2/14/2015 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I get INFJ

I'd say it's pretty accurate, I'm on the extreme side of introvert.

INFJs indeed share a very unique combination of traits: though soft-spoken, they have very strong opinions and will fight tirelessly for an idea they believe in. They are decisive and strong-willed, but will rarely use that energy for personal gain – INFJs will act with creativity, imagination, conviction and sensitivity not to create advantage, but to create balance. Egalitarianism and karma are very attractive ideas to INFJs, and they tend to believe that nothing would help the world so much as using love and compassion to soften the hearts of tyrants.

edit on vpmSaturday09pm228 by valiant because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I'm a huge proponent of Meyers Briggs. I am also an INTJ, the second rarest combination. I think ENTJ is the rarest; its the emotional version lol

This MB test is a little easier to read through:

www.humanmetrics.com...

& this link has some of the best descriptions imo

www.typelogic.com...
edit on 14-2-2015 by Eunuchorn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   
TypeLogic INTJ definition: these are a little more in depth than OPs link

To outsiders, INTJs may appear to project an aura of "definiteness", of self-confidence. This self-confidence, sometimes mistaken for simple arrogance by the less decisive, is actually of a very specific rather than a general nature; its source lies in the specialized knowledge systems that most INTJs start building at an early age. When it comes to their own areas of expertise -- and INTJs can have several -- they will be able to tell you almost immediately whether or not they can help you, and if so, how. INTJs know what they know, and perhaps still more importantly, they know what they don't know.

INTJs are perfectionists, with a seemingly endless capacity for improving upon anything that takes their interest. What prevents them from becoming chronically bogged down in this pursuit of perfection is the pragmatism so characteristic of the type: INTJs apply (often ruthlessly) the criterion "Does it work?" to everything from their own research efforts to the prevailing social norms. This in turn produces an unusual independence of mind, freeing the INTJ from the constraints of authority, convention, or sentiment for its own sake.

INTJs are known as the "Systems Builders" of the types, perhaps in part because they possess the unusual trait combination of imagination and reliability. Whatever system an INTJ happens to be working on is for them the equivalent of a moral cause to an INFJ; both perfectionism and disregard for authority may come into play, as INTJs can be unsparing of both themselves and the others on the project. Anyone considered to be "slacking," including superiors, will lose their respect -- and will generally be made aware of this; INTJs have also been known to take it upon themselves to implement critical decisions without consulting their supervisors or co-workers. On the other hand, they do tend to be scrupulous and even-handed about recognizing the individual contributions that have gone into a project, and have a gift for seizing opportunities which others might not even notice.

In the broadest terms, what INTJs "do" tends to be what they "know". Typical INTJ career choices are in the sciences and engineering, but they can be found wherever a combination of intellect and incisiveness are required (e.g., law, some areas of academia). INTJs can rise to management positions when they are willing to invest time in marketing their abilities as well as enhancing them, and (whether for the sake of ambition or the desire for privacy) many also find it useful to learn to simulate some degree of surface conformism in order to mask their inherent unconventionality.

Personal relationships, particularly romantic ones, can be the INTJ's Achilles heel. While they are capable of caring deeply for others (usually a select few), and are willing to spend a great deal of time and effort on a relationship, the knowledge and self-confidence that make them so successful in other areas can suddenly abandon or mislead them in interpersonal situations.

This happens in part because many INTJs do not readily grasp the social rituals; for instance, they tend to have little patience and less understanding of such things as small talk and flirtation (which most types consider half the fun of a relationship). To complicate matters, INTJs are usually extremely private people, and can often be naturally impassive as well, which makes them easy to misread and misunderstand. Perhaps the most fundamental problem, however, is that INTJs really want people to make sense. :-) This sometimes results in a peculiar naivete', paralleling that of many Fs -- only instead of expecting inexhaustible affection and empathy from a romantic relationship, the INTJ will expect inexhaustible reasonability and directness.

Probably the strongest INTJ assets in the interpersonal area are their intuitive abilities and their willingness to "work at" a relationship. Although as Ts they do not always have the kind of natural empathy that many Fs do, the Intuitive function can often act as a good substitute by synthesizing the probable meanings behind such things as tone of voice, turn of phrase, and facial expression. This ability can then be honed and directed by consistent, repeated efforts to understand and support those they care about, and those relationships which ultimately do become established with an INTJ tend to be characterized by their robustness, stability, and good communications.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   
So far, we've had 22 results... here's a little summary on our personalities.........

INTROVERSION: 81,8% (18)
EXTRAVERSION: 18,1% (4)

INTUITION: 86,3% (19)
SENSING: 13,6% (3)

FEELING: 40,9% (9)
THINKING: 59% (13)

PERCEPTION: 40,9% (9)
JUDGING: 59% (13)

INTJ: 27,2% (6)
INFJ: 18,1% (4)
INFP: 13,6% (3)
ENTP: 13,6% (3)
INTP: 9% (2)
ENTJ: 4,5% (1)
ISFP: 4,5% (1)
ISTJ: 4,5% (1)
ISFJ: 4,5% (1)

Interesting, very interesting.........

(Correct me if I made any mistakes... halfway through this post, I took a break to have dinner, so that could have affected it a bit...)

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   
This is fun, but you all do know that psychological tests are complete bullsh$t don't you? If your moderately intelligent you, the test subject can make it say whatever you want it to say and the Psychologist who is so vested in the bullsh$t system will validate your answers.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: HUMBLEONE
This is fun, but you all do know that psychological tests are complete bullsh$t don't you? If your moderately intelligent you, the test subject can make it say whatever you want it to say and the Psychologist who is so vested in the bullsh$t system will validate your answers.

If you don't want to acknowledge the validity behind 75+ questions, their interrelation, the algorithm behind the determination, & the extensive type descriptions that's fine. But at least take the test, tell us your results, then invalidate it.

Also, do you mind speaking a little louder, you have such a very tall horse.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Eunuchorn

originally posted by: HUMBLEONE

If you don't want to acknowledge the validity behind 75+ questions, their interrelation, the algorithm behind the determination, & the extensive type descriptions that's fine. But at least take the test, tell us your results, then validate it.

Also, do you mind speaking a little louder, you have such a very tall horse.

MY INTENTION CAN DEFEAT YOU ALGORITHM EVERY TIME. hows that loud enough for you?

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: HUMBLEONE

All I hear is you hiding condescension in discreet compliments.

Are you trying to get a specific result? Which of the 16 letter combinations do you intend the outcome to be? Please let us know how your experiment works out.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: LukeDAP

ISTP now you have to re-do your list. This is strange since I usually come out ENTJ.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Eunuchorn

All I hear is you hiding condescension in discreet compliments.

Are you trying to get a specific result? Which of the 16 letter combinations do you intend the outcome to be? Please let us know how your experiment works out.

Oh my gosh, I fell into a den of psychologists? Not this particular test, this one is complete psychological gibberish from the very beginning and through to the end.... it means nothing. You sound like a true believer in the religion of psychology a sect of scientism, sorry didn't mean to knock your belief system.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   

edit on 14-2-2015 by HUMBLEONE because: (no reason given)

Aw Faggedabouditt! I LOVE PSYCHOLOGISTS!!
edit on 14-2-2015 by HUMBLEONE because: I LOVE PSYCHOLOGISTS!!!

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   

This is funny, you truly have no desire to see what your letter combination is & if the description is accurate, or how different it is from the other 15 unique descriptions, or even if you can take the test twice to make it have a specific outcome!

You don't deny (nor even address) the idea that all humans can be split into 16 unique types, but insist you can "make any psychology test do what you want it to do" & "any psychiatrist will validate it".

Oh wait, sorry. "We" are smart enough to not be entangled in such obvious pitfalls. Thanks for the compliment?

I'm not sure what you mean by Scientism, but I can assure you, I am no friend to science nor any psychology God.
However, I am able to read, apply what I read to what I perceive in others & myself, & most importantly, I don't take a strong stance on anything.

If you weren't too good, err, I mean too smart for this test, we probably could have just read about how you're an [moderated for Manners Violation]

You then went so far as to quote yourself.

Edit:
Then you erased the self quote, & wrote...something.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: hoagy1199
ISTP now you have to re-do your list.

That's not a problem.

INTROVERSION: 82,6% (19)
EXTRAVERSION: 17,3% (4)

INTUITION: 82,6% (19)
SENSING: 17,3% (4)

FEELING: 39,1% (9)
THINKING: 60,8% (14)

PERCEPTION: 43,4% (10)
JUDGING: 56,5% (13)

INTJ: 26% (6)
INFJ: 17,3% (4)
INFP: 13% (3)
ENTP: 13% (3)
INTP: 8,6% (2)
ENTJ: 4,3% (1)
ISFP: 4,3% (1)
ISTJ: 4,3% (1)
ISFJ: 4,3% (1)
ISTP: 4,3% (1)

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Well, obviously, if you wish to get a particular result, you can manipulate your answers. This is not exactly a Sorting Hat that can read your real thoughts.*

So yeah, if someone is dishonest about how they choose to answer the questions, the results could be absolutely anything. I don't think anybody has ever claimed that the results are true, no matter what. The test can go wrong even when that is not the case.

It's fun and, if done "correctly", can tell you a bit about yourself. Not taking it too seriously is essential, though.

*Side note, but this is actually pretty cool for Harry Potter fans.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 09:13 PM
link   

I like to think of Meyers Briggs as astrology for eggheads

I don't think it's complete hogwash. There's been so much research done lately on conservative versus liberal thinking - psychopaths, empathy - what makes us all tick. Seems only natural that people are going to fit into one category or another if someone bothers to create the categories

You could throw the test - and fool the psychologist. But like you said - it's kinda fun if you don't take it too seriously. So we're on the honor system

For the OP: INTP

:-)

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis
For the OP: INTP

:-)

Cheers!

INTROVERSION: 83,3% (20)
EXTRAVERSION: 16,6% (4)

INTUITION: 83,3% (20)
SENSING: 16,6% (4)