It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There Is No Man-Made Global Warming

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib That's hard science and no "speculations, disinformation or lies."

What a outrageous unpolitically correct statement to make!!!!

Its actually as if you think science can answer questions when its against an agenda that says otherwise?

thanks

[edit on 14-7-2007 by edsinger]

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by MischeviousElf

ITS SIMPLE HIGH SCHOOL SCIENCE! it truly is. (not climatology or weather models etc, or analysing the change and type of effects, just the basis of adding greenhouse gases to the earth closed climate system., and anyone with this Basic understanding understands too the risks and factors of FEEDBACK within such a system. Yous see it does not matter if we are causing 100% of it or 0.001 % of it in a interrelated closed and interdependant long term system such as the earth and climate)

feedback can be negative, too, ie. stabilizing, didn't you know that? if it was as simple as you claimed, the earth would never have gotten out of warm times with high CO2 concentrations, obviously. it is said that the primordial atmosphere contained more CO2 than oxygen, isn't it? incompatible data?!

something's got to give i presume.

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Long Lance
feedback can be negative, too, ie. stabilizing, didn't you know that? if it was as simple as you claimed, the earth would never have gotten out of warm times with high CO2 concentrations, obviously. it is said that the primordial atmosphere contained more CO2 than oxygen, isn't it? incompatible data?!

something's got to give i presume.

He/she and some others won't understand it... He/she actually thinks that just by having a "high school diploma" people will understand this issue...

There are members who also think that "by just having a high school diploma" you can be an engineer, build skyscrappers, and other such nonsense...

Yes a high school diploma is important, but a high school diploma does not teach you all you need to know...and more so these days when people can graduate and know very little of the subjects they studied....

[edit on 15-7-2007 by Muaddib]

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I was thinking about the decrease of solar activity, here's the thing ,

With this decrease of solar activity< what if,

The only thing keeping us out of another ICE age is global warming and co2 emissions,

Now say we happen to correct global warming and cut off our nose to spite our own face,

what a pickle.

[edit on 15-7-2007 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I had to edit this, sorry, I can't figure out how to do it right with the external source thingy,

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
I was thinking about the decrease of solar activity, here's the thing ,
With this decrease of solar activity< what if,
The only thing keeping us out of another ICE age is global warming and co2 emissions,
Now say we happen to correct global warming and cut off our nose to spite our own face,
what a pickle.

Very good point and I think that is all the non-gw crowd is saying, before spending billions on it. Lets make sure that it is man made and even if it was that we could do something about it.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Especially since 2007 got cooler......

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   
as did 2008......er 2009.....hmmmm

One good thing though with natural gas around $3 a therm, this winter will be a damn cold one and hopefully I can afford it now....

Think Obama will help me pay my bill?.....yeah right.....Cap and Trade....

Global warming is Bunk, and it would seem that many that signed onto it are backing away now.....hmmm

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Not to revive old threads but this one is a sore spot to me. The last comment I made in 2009...at the time I started the thread, in late 2004, this board was convinced it was real and an emergency. I said back then it was a trap, follow the monies. Well it is well over a decade later and the Messiah hasn't got much done except to bankrupt the coal companies (said he would) and raise the price of energy. Well at least until recently with the drop in Oil prices due to the success in Fracking.

So with the admission that the data was manipulated, the global emergency over since the earth has not got any hotter for quite a few years, will you at least consider I was right? The SUN is the culprit and we are in for a cooling cycle as we were in my youth when we feared the coming ice age.

I can not remember where I saw it but an Asian scientist somehow mapped the solar cycle and we are due for a 100 years of cooling and lessening sunspot activity. Can we get the monies back that was stolen from us to save the Earth?

Thought not........

Hmm

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: edsinger

Um, you do know that we can't enter another ice age because we're currently in one, right?

Also, climate change is a real thing, obviously (mother nature is a b££££). What has happened is the over production of Co2 and other gases has sped up the process some.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   

So with the admission that the data was manipulated, the global emergency over since the earth has not got any hotter for quite a few years, will you at least consider I was right?

How can we consider that you were right since your statement is so wrong?

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Well I would agree in that it has been a nice winter here so far but not so much the last three.

So the data was not manipulated? Gore is right?

Global warming stopped 16 years ago, reveals Met Office report quietly released... and here is the chart to prove it

LINK

Updated Global Temperature: No global warming for 17 years, 6 months – (No Warming for 210 Months)

LINK2< br />
Thing is .....there is a song out there that has a line it that says "its all about that Bass", well in this case its all about that Nuclear ball in the sky.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Have anything that's not from a tabloid (Daily Mail) and something a bit more recent than 2 years ago (2nd link)?

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 09:28 PM
link   
My thermometer? Of course this winter has been great and if that is Global Warming than I am all for it.

How about this one? Tabloid?

Diminishing solar activity may bring new Ice Age by 2030

Or this,

sunspotwatch

Seems the Suns works in cycles..

PIC1

PIC2

As you can see, the SUN does its thing. I am not suggesting the CO2 in the atmosphere is not higher but I can also show the carbon sink is growing....

I like it actually, I want to drill the Arctic and get a new trade route for the world. Oh wait, there is no trade because the world is in economic doodoo. So lets tax everyone to death with a "Climate Change" tax. Climates will change regardless of what man does.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 09:40 PM
link   

I can also roll of links to prove there IS such as thing as global warming.

NASA
NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC
LIVESCIENCE
NRDC
ENCYCLOPEDIA
WIKI

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 09:54 PM
link   
So your links are better than mine?

How did the Germans grow olives before they were Germans?

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: edsinger
So your links are better than mine?

How did the Germans grow olives before they were Germans?

I would say they were more reputable than some of the sites that have been linked on this thread, yes.

As for the other thing? They didn't grow olives before they were Germans. Don't understand what that has to do with climate change though.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: curme
The American Policy Center, where the article is from, want to do away with regulations that force big business not to pollute, well, as much as they do. It costs money to dispose of waste, produce cleaner emissions, and not belch poison from factories. This is about how to make more money, not what is actually happening to our environment. Some people don't believe in 'pay as you go' but would rather rape the world now, and let someone else worry about the burden later.

And our US government wants to do the same financially to everyone now and let our children's children children pay for it down the road if the country even survives that long. That is how you know the entire thing is being used in a massive deception and not for the benefit of the environment. Al Gore's carbon footprint has never gone down, only up, but he keeps preaching for everyone else to curb their's. Another red flag of truly epic proportions.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79As for the other thing? They didn't grow olives before they were Germans. Don't understand what that has to do with climate change though.

Well in what is Geographically Germany now, Olives once grew. This happened BEFORE the industrial Revolution.

What does that along with the mini-ice age tell us children? Yes that the Sun, that big ball of a Nuclear reaction exactly 1AU from us , is the cause of 99.9% of the change in earths climate. It farts and we'll all smell it.
edit on 23-2-2016 by edsinger because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-2-2016 by edsinger because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Considering NO ONE is saying the Sun doesn't effect our climate I fail to see how what you're saying is any different from what I'm saying.

You said the Sun is 99.99% the cause for our climate change. Well what about the rest?

I have read numerous studies and they all point to our climate changing due to increased gases being emitted.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join