It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dog runs away from home; winds up in hospital where owner was having cancer surgery 20 blocks away

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 10:01 PM
link   
She had never run away before, but turned up 20 blocks away at the hospital

Cissy has never run away from home before.

But on Saturday the miniature schnauzer from Iowa did, in order to find the person that is home.

Cissy disappeared from her yard in Cedar Rapids, only to show up about 20 blocks away at Mercy Medical Center.

Her owner, Nancy Franck, has been at the hospital for the last two weeks, after undergoing surgery for ovarian cancer.

But it remains a mystery how the dog managed to find her way back to her beloved 'mom'.

'We looked up and there was this dog just that was just running across the lobby,' Mercy Security Officer Samantha Conrad told KCRG.

'We started looking at the tags and it had the address and we saw how far away this dog had lived, as far as going at least fifteen blocks to get here.

'So it was quite an amazing journey that this dog made.'

The security guard used the dog's tags to call Nancy's husband, Dale Franck.

Mr Franck said Cissy had been acting weird and he could tell she seemed anxious to go somewhere.

She had been missing about four hours before the hospital called.

Animals are amazing and incredible creatures. No matter how many I own they will always continue to astound me! I bet this owner was surprised to find her baby was looking for her!

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Smart determined little dog. What a touching story. Here's wishing Nancy a complete recovery boosted by how much this little pup needs her in its life.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 12:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Anyafaj

Good dog

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Dogs just know . A bit unrelated i know but i once had a wart on my knee that the doctor said was harmless . Once i said the dog kept on coming up and sniffing it he ripped it out quick smart . He changed his mind on the opinion of my dog . As i said unrelated but dogs are smart and they know .
edit on 13-2-2015 by hutch622 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 03:50 AM
link   

I love stories like this.... when a four legged friend owns your heart...... and is treated like a four legged friend.... awe!

I was looking for a sound byte of Jimmy Durante famous catch phrase, "NOW that is a great SNOZOLA!"

Its cold raining and too early in the morning..... find all kinds of memorabilia for sale but not the flippin soundbyte...

What a doggie nose to have found that distance where the true love lies..... so since I cannot find the Snoz I will leave you with this cause Jimmy will melt your heart as this story did mine.....

Thanks Anyafaj for your post.....

this one has some great photos of the Snoz

Enjoy friends

Peace

edited to say went back looking found everythiing Jimmy but the sound byte I was looking for.... arrggghhhh failure.... Okay here is his last scene from a movie I must watch when its available... sorry for being off topic but Jimmy said it best... That doggie had a GREAT Snozola!

edit on 2/13/2015 by IceHappy because: add the last clip

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Dogs can smell many things we cannot.

The woman has Cancer. Dogs can smell Cancer. It's been proven.

However, most dogs don't go 20 blocks sniffing out their owners.

Love this story.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   

And the owner's healing process is complete. What better medicine than to have her 4 legged friend at her bedside?

Just the fact that the dog found the owner is love medicine all around.

Great addition to the Pets Forum!

Peace

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: threeeyesopen

Good dog

I second that. GOOD DOG!

Dogs are fantastic creatures. My old mate used to rest his head on me and stare into my eyes whenever I was ill. He also pushed me into a river and then ran in circles yip-yaping (laughing)

top topics

join