It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PAPERS PLEASE. Plan on flying within the USA in 2016? NOT without a FEDERAL ID.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 01:32 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Wrong. When you buy a ticket, you are entering into a private contract with the airline. That contract states that you will abide by the requirements of the airline to travel. You are giving them the right to search your bags before entering the aircraft.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 01:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Oh and great obama picture, might want to check who started all this heightened airport security

Look at the picture and see who is clapping.

P

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 01:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

Wrong. When you buy a ticket, you are entering into a private contract with the airline. That contract states that you will abide by the requirements of the airline to travel. You are giving them the right to search your bags before entering the aircraft.

They can't do that. I know full well that they do but they can't.

You cannot ask someone to give up their god given rights.

It is that simple. It is the entire crux of the Bill of Rights.

So we will just have to agree to disagree.

It is not the airline that is doing the search, it is the Federal Government.

This is how it all started and where it ends is not dissimilar to the USSR at the height of the cold war.

So get used to the phrase, Papers or i'll shoot. You are not far from that right now.

P

edit on 12/2/2015 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

edit on 12/2/2015 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Yes they can. Because it's a private contract. When you get a job they can and do require you to take a drug test. They also look into your background. Some even require a polygraph. But you don't have a problem with that? It's the same thing. You sign a contract with the carrier, that they will provide you with a service, and you will comply with their requirements for that service in return.

They're not violating your rights, because you voluntarily give them permission to do it. It's not a violation if you give them permission to do it. By buying a ticket, you're agreeing to it.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 01:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358
a reply to: Sremmos80

Oh and great obama picture, might want to check who started all this heightened airport security

Look at the picture and see who is clapping.

P

Ok foot in mouth about that comment!

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

what about your driving licence is that not good enough for id ?
the last time i caught the ferry to Ireland from England my passport had expired but my driving licence was accepted as id .
i don't see this as any different to flying .

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: tom.farnhill

It is still good enough, they're just requiring a second form of ID to go with it, unless you have a Real ID. Many places do the same thing.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 08:02 AM
link   

You cannot sign away your rights nor can you be asked to.

This is partly true. You cannot sign them away - that is correct.

But you CAN be asked to - 20 years ago I was working in a time-share office. Every buyer (ha - this was back in the days of bringing in the 'closer' to hammer the sale home) was asked to sign a 'waiver' of the 3-day right to rescind their agreement.
Some of them did. What they didn't KNOW was that it was not a binding signature, because, as you say - you can not sign away your rights.

Why did the management do this? Just in case people would say to themselves, "Well, I signed that piece of paper, so now I can't change my mind." instead of investigating or trying it anyway.

Another technique used by management was to send me out every Monday with the checks received as down payments and take them physically to the banks on which they were drawn - to cash them. So the client didn't have time to 'stop payment' before the thing went through. Some of those checks were from out-of-state - and yes, I'd drive to the next state to 'hammer' the check. I got paid $10 for every one I cashed.

I didn't stay at that job. But it sure taught me a LOT about how that sort of operation works.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 09:12 AM
link   

well its easily solved, the actual law I linked you don't like, in response they can ground all craft, and refuse you boarding. Because you know your state and individual rights matter…

I'm not arguing if you do not udertstand the law. I presented it, reread it and if you still don't like it go argue it in court and try make it fall under admiralty law..
edit on 12-2-2015 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aloysius the Gaul

a reply to: zazzafrazz

Travel is national, states have zip to do with FAA rulings

You are so wrong. The Federal Govwernment only has the powers given to them by the States or the constitution.

The States have everything to do with this.

P

Isn't travel between States interstate commerce, and therefore specifically a Federal function?

Pheonix does NOT want to understand the international and federal nature of aviation law, don't bother.
edit on 12-2-2015 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Hi, first post here. After reading through all the responses I am left a bit confused. I understand that when you buy an airline ticket You are basically entering into an agreement with the airline to abide by their rules, which negates the 4th amendment right of being secure in your person or possessions. But when the federal government mandates that the airlines do this to be able to do business, isn't that some sort of sneaky third-party end run around the. Constitution?

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   

I am retired now. No, when you are a poor with three kids, you don't have a choice. They were, are, and always will be my top priority. I don't like it, but I don't vote for theses Nazi's that make these kind of laws.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

And also note that, for travel within the U.S., an ID/driver's license is NOT required. It just makes things easier.
You can get through security without it, but it will require the more thorough 'enhanced' search.

People forget/lose IDs all the time.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: GodEmperor
Fear the Enhanced Driver Licenses.

EDL isn't Real ID though. It's a way to visit Canada or Mexico without doing as much time at the customs booth.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   

a reply to: Aloysius the Gaul

No.

It is covered by the bill of rights. The bill of rights covers every US citizen and every lawful visitor to the US, anywhere in the US and its territories, for every moment until hell freezes over.

You cannot sign away your rights nor can you be asked to.

P

Pretty sure there are no rights to air travel in the constitution or the bill of rights. However there are rights to enter into private contracts and to have conditions attached to such contracts.

And het Constitution DOES give the Feds the right to regulate interstate commerce - regardless of what you say.

so perhaps you should enumerate exactly what rights you think are being "signed away" here?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join