It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PAPERS PLEASE. Plan on flying within the USA in 2016? NOT without a FEDERAL ID.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   
If you plan to fly in 2016, you better make sure that your state complies and changes their state id's into federal id's.

According to DHS: A driver’s license or identification card from a noncompliant state may only be used in conjunction with a second form of ID for boarding federally regulated commercial aircraft

No sooner than 2016

www.dollarvigilante.com...

An internal passport refers to an identity document that people must produce to move from place to place within national borders. It allows a government to monitor the movement of its own people and to control that movement by granting or denying ID. In the past, governments have used internal passports to isolate 'undesirables', to regulate economic opportunities, to reap personal data, to intimidate and command obedience, and to segregate categories of people (like Jews) for political purposes. It allows a government to bind anyone it chooses to his or her place of birth.
The upcoming Real ID requirement targets only air travel. But that's how it begins – with airports.

Over the Christmas season, the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) quietly announced that America was walking down that path. By 2016, all domestic air travel will require either a traditional passport or a federally-compliant ID card called “Real ID.” State driver's licenses will no longer allow Americans access to domestic flights, as they do now. Real ID will constitute an internal passport. (The drop-date date is commonly reported as January.)

So what does DHS say but this;

www.dhs.gov...

What are the different phases of REAL ID enforcement?

Phase Location Enforcement Date
Phase 1 Restricted areas (i.e., areas accessible by agency personnel, contractors, and their guests) for DHS headquarters in Washington April 21, 2014
Phase 2 Restricted areas for all Federal facilities & nuclear power plants July 21, 2014
Phase 3 Semi-restricted areas (i.e., areas available to the general public but subject to ID-based access control) for most Federal facilities January 19, 2015
3a Facility Security Levels 1 and 2 January 19, 2015
3b Facility Security Levels 3, 4, and 5, and military facilities
October 10, 2015
Phase 4 Boarding federally regulated commercial aircraft
A driver’s license or identification card from a noncompliant state may only be used in conjunction with a second form of ID for boarding federally regulated commercial aircraft

No sooner than 2016

This scares the hell out of me. It looks like one door that shouldn't be opened.
edit on 11-2-2015 by ghostrager because: add info from source

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   
And for those too lazy to open the DHS link

What does the REAL ID Act require?

The REAL ID Act of 2005:

Establishes minimum standards for the production and issuance of state-issued driver’s licenses and identification cards and authorizes grants to assist states in implementing the requirements;
Prohibits Federal agencies from accepting for official uses driver’s licenses and identity cards from states unless the Department of Homeland Security determines that the state meets the standards. Official uses are defined as accessing Federal facilities, entering nuclear power plants, and boarding federally-regulated commercial aircraft.
Which states, territories, and tribes are affected?

The REAL ID Act covers 56 jurisdictions, including the 50 states, the District of Columbia, and the U.S. Territories of Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands, Guam, American Samoa, and the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands.

The current list of states from which a Federal agency may accept driver’s licenses for an official purpose is found at REAL ID Enforcement In Brief.

Is REAL ID a national identification card?

No. REAL ID is not a national identification card. States and territories will continue to issue driver’s licenses and identification cards, and there is no Federal database of driver information. Each jurisdiction will issue its own unique license and maintain its own records.

Does REAL ID mean that I must use a driver’s license for official purpose?

No. Each agency determines whether identification documents are needed for the purpose it oversees and, if applicable, which documents are acceptable. REAL ID only applies if a person is presenting a driver’s license or state-issued identification card for official purposes.

For what uses will I need to show a driver’s license?

For the first two years of enforcement, REAL ID primarily affects persons seeking to access Federal facilities where identification is required to be presented.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: ghostrager

2005? Bloody Bush again!!

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Regulate the citizens more

Deregulate politicians and their cronies seems to be the constant theme

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 09:18 PM
link   
If you need ID to fly already, I am confused as to the issue you have with standardising ID across states to be nationally compliant.
Flights are national, ID being national isn't a huge problem for a frequent flyer like myself, in fact I suspect it may make the experience easier in the long run.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   
So much for your Fourth Amendment Rights.

One by one, and bit by bit, they seem to be disappearing.

You are becoming what you despise.

P

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Personally, I'm not sure why the RealID isn't going to be treated as a national ID/license anyway, I wish we had one. 50 goddamn states, plus our territories, 50+ different IDs. Stupid, really stupid, a national card would work just as well and could be tied to the same databases for revocations. Our identification card system is a glorified tangled mess.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

The problem I have is that we are increasingly being governed by the Federal government instead of the State. The more this happens, the danger for hostile takeover (direct or indirect) increases.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Well then I suggest you don't have to go through the check in cue hell I have to every week or two.

More importantly, Travel is national, states have zip to do with FAA rulings. Everything to do with flying is nationalised to be compliant with the aviation authority, states have to adhere to a NATIONAL standard, which in turn has international standards to adhere to. So the ID system is actually late to the party.

This has nothing to do with rights being taken away.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Seems illegal immigrants will have better access to flights than US citizens through ITIN, Individual Tax Identification Numbers .

Yet, it is clear that advocates for illegal immigrants are aggressively pushing use of the ITIN as identification for many other purposes. The website of the National Employment Law Project (NELP), contains a section titled "How Can the ITIN be Used to Show Identity?": "There has been growing interest among immigrants and their advocates in using the ITIN as an alternative to the SSN. Indeed, many immigrant groups are successfully advocating for the use of identity documents other than a SSN in order to obtain drivers’ licenses and consumer benefits." NELP goes into extensive detail explaining how illegal immigrants can get around using Social Security numbers

Source

US citizens are now second class citizens.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 09:34 PM
link   

In the beginning it won't take away rights. But as time passes, or under the wrong leadership it creates risk.

Please read the article in my first post so you understand the perspective.

Here is an excerpt:

An internal passport refers to an identity document that people must produce to move from place to place within national borders. It allows a government to monitor the movement of its own people and to control that movement by granting or denying ID. In the past, governments have used internal passports to isolate 'undesirables', to regulate economic opportunities, to reap personal data, to intimidate and command obedience, and to segregate categories of people (like Jews) for political purposes. It allows a government to bind anyone it chooses to his or her place of birth.
The upcoming Real ID requirement targets only air travel. But that's how it begins – with airports.

I'll add this to the first post so people understand the context.
edit on 11-2-2015 by ghostrager because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Why aren't the democrats and liberals fighting this? After all, it's discrimination against the poor. Will illegal immigrants also be required to have them in order to fly? If so, will they get them? Will only US citizens be required to carry this new ID? What about visitors from other countries? The passport it is then.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Travel is national, states have zip to do with FAA rulings

You are so wrong. The Federal Govwernment only has the powers given to them by the States or the constitution.

The States have everything to do with this.

P

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 09:41 PM
link   

I read it, and disagree with the fear overing premise. Travel by air is a complex national formula that must be complaint with FAA rulings. The other stuff you are asking me to read is just noise.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Aloysius the Gaul

Yes, our Hitler.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Hindsight is 20/20, just give it a few years

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Fear the Enhanced Driver Licenses.

a vicinity Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) chip that will signal a secure system to pull up your biographic and biometric data for the CBP officer as you approach the border inspection booth,

www.dhs.gov...

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

You are so wrong.

I am so right.

Aviation law is considered a federal concern and is regulated at that level. It is actually in a way responsible to international law.

Aviation law is the branch of law that concerns flight, air travel, and associated legal and business concerns. Some of its area of concern overlaps that of admiralty law and, in many cases, aviation law is considered a matter of international law due to the nature of air travel. However, the business aspects of airlines and their regulation also fall under aviation law. In the United States, the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) governs applied aspects of flight. In the international realm, the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) provides general rules and mediates international concerns to an extent regarding aviation law. The ICAO is a specialized agency of the United Nations.

In the United States and in most European nations, aviation law is considered a federal or state-level concern and is regulated at that level. In the U.S. States cannot govern aviation matters in most cases directly but look to Federal laws and case law for this function instead.

For example, a court recently struck down New York's Passenger Bill of Rights law because regulation of aviation is traditionally a federal concern. Aviation law, however, is not in the United States held under the same Federal mandate of jurisdiction as admiralty law; that is, which the United SFor example, a court recently struck down New York's Passenger Bill of Rights law because regulation of aviation is traditionally a federal concern. Aviation law, however, is not in the United States held under the same Federal mandate of jurisdiction as admiralty law;

that is, which the United States Constitution provides for the administration of admiralty, it does not provide such for aviation law.

Thanks
en.wikipedia.org...

***she hears crickets now***

edit on 11-2-2015 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   

If you plan to fly in 2016, you better make sure that your state complies and changes their state id's into federal id's.

They can't do that. Mandating a government ID is racist. Ask the Democrats.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Omg what a horror, a way to Id the people all freak out about running around unidentified.

on topic, not sure how to feel about this.
Does seem like an overreach

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join