It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One of my best days at work ever today (warning pic inside).

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   

You look a little bit "kardashian".

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

Lol.
I wish I got paid a hundredth of what she got paid for the pic lol.
Now I will be checking If my bum looks big

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
a reply to: Skid Mark

Thats the thing making his day made mine.
l.

It's funny how that happens, isn't it?

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Awesome!

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Excellent!

Your small positive contributions to life can have big consequences if they are to inspire others. If I could boil ATS down into two simple components, it would be collaborative investigative journalism and members sharing their own personal positive achievements in life.

I work at a nursing home and do this stuff all the time. It's like fish in a barrel there, so many sad and depressed people. Always easy as pie to cheer someone up with a simple gesture. The general staff just don't seem to "get it" and they are the ones who care for them the most.

There's an elderly guy at work who is pretty hyperactive, always talking and moving about. He can get pretty tough sometimes and gets into his "modes". I blame the medication mixed with poor staff who need a lesson in kindness. I always hear how their relationships are failing and it's not hard to see why.

Anyways, when this guys starts acting up and drawing attention I snap into character. I kid you not, for some strange reason he believes and is 100% convinced that I'm Freddie Mercury from the band Queen. When I approach him, his body and emotion immediately shift gears and the problem is alleviated. He's always left spellbound for a few seconds when he sees me. It's hilarious.

His eyes widen and he instantly begins to smile. It's a very powerful moment for me, a deeper feeling that many have forgotten how to feel. I'll ask, "does anyone here want to rock?" "Oh my God...", he says slowly. "It's Freddie Mercury!" "Yeah man, I do."

The conviction in his eye and the excitement on his face while he chants "Queen" could melt the snow off a roof in the middle of winter. I always tell him I'm going to give him backstage passes and he freaks out. His condition always causes him to forget by morning so it's all good.

edit on 11-2-2015 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Ah, that's cool then. I just saw you getting chatty, and remembered hearing about people who actually made blogs about the fun things they were doing, only to get canned when their bosses find out due to the laws! Ironically, except for the privacy breech, they were probably some of the best staff, for being so involved.

But it sounds like you are not one of the people who need the reminder. Carry on, and thanks for the work you do!

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

Thats awesome
One gal who is also a SU at our place can have a bad day and I have started to run around like a Chimp when she is having a little episode, I pretend to groom her hair eating the fleas and such she loves it and instantly improves her mood and all the other SU's moods whom she has effected by her outbursts.
I have been called to go around on a few occasions to do "the monkey" when she is getting in a bad mood.
But one old guy whom I woork with told me "not to do it" because it is inappropriate....pfft I told him to complain to the management If he really thinks so..he did and my boss told meto "keep up the good work".

Oh and I tip my hat to you

It really is the best job in the world isn't it lol days like these just make it so.
edit on 11-2-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   
awesome! I want to party with you monkeyboy!

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
a reply to: Anyafaj

Iam honoured to have met my dudes and dudettes, they honestly are some of the best people I have ever met and I truly love them.
Yeah I know they tell us to be detached but we can't help loving them.
Oh and thanks.
(Getting a little embarrassed now lol).

Trust me, I know how hard it is to not fall in love with them. I fall in love with all of my daughter friend's and roommates. When I buy a Christmas stocking for her, I fill a mini stocking for each of them as well so they don't feel left out. I did the same for her birthday too. Got them all a mini gift bag. I love getting them little things that I know they'll like. It makes me happy knowing they're happy.
edit on 2/11/2015 by Anyafaj because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   
My boy with severe autism still lives at home, but he has people that come to the home to hang out with him and help him. It's an intense situation at times, but everyone loves him.

You are one of my heroes, boymonkey. Forget Spiderman. You have no idea how much people like you mean to people like us.

peace and blessings always,

AB

edit on 11-2-2015 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 08:39 PM
link   
OMG! What is seen cannot be unseen!

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   
ahahaha!
this.
it needs more flags!

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 10:16 PM
link   

I love seeing the face behind the posts, I'd like to see more members show their pretty faces.

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I worked woth developmentally disabled for three years. Most rewarding job I've ever had. Cheers, man. It takes a certain type of human.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 11:39 PM
link   
You, Sir Boymonkey, are why I give humanity a .001% chance of surviving itself.

Good on you.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Kewel!

In fact, absolutely icebox.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 12:51 AM
link   

It takes a huge pair of nads to dress up like that at work . But my guess that your love of your work and the people you look after made this a very easy thing to do .

You Sir are awesome .

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Beautifully pathological primate, you have defined man-kind.
I remember an ava once with a long running .GIF wondering
if the fur would actually be worn off the cat shampooing it.

It's now that I realize it's impossible for you are that gentle
in real time. Reading to the end I saw Mark's statistic saying
about one in a hundred thousand for our chances as a species.
Maybe with one in a million like you we're playing even odds.

Thanks for the imagery-- and your sharing of a great day.
(And even with a goat's eye lens we wouldn't notice or care.)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join