It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey! I don't vote!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: OrphanApology
I get your point. I came to the conclusion long ago that trying to change things using the political process is like asking for a different turd on your crap sandwich. You might get a different turd but in the end you still have a crap sandwich.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   
if voting gives you a sense of having a valid input then yes, do it. for me it doesn't. and i don't.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Everybody should NOT VOTE.

A vote is not for change but to perpetuate the system; and the system itself needs changing.

A 2-party system, wherein the parties are only superficially different but fundamentally the same (ie Neo Marxist Globalists), is no different from a dictatorship.

Sure, you may change a few things, but it's akin to rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.

The system remains intact.

Not voting, paradoxically, may well help to fundamentally change the system.

The Controllers are worried that a lot of people don't vote, because this is the only way (short of a revolution) that the people can register their displeasure with the system.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: CJCrawley
A 2-party system, wherein the parties are only superficially different but fundamentally the same (ie Neo Marxist Globalists), is no different from a dictatorship.

I was about to agree with you until you said "Neo Marxist". In the United States we live in a "Fascist" county (note, its also not Neo-Fascist either, that means something entirely different that I won't address here). I must also point out, that at best, we live in a country with a Machiavellian Political system, BUT PLEASE understand that the USA is nowhere near being a Neo-Marxist state, not by a long shot, not now and not even in a hundred years. Most of the REAL schools/universities that are teaching the principals of Neo-Marxism and conducting, peer-reviewed research, and influencing political policy are in Europe (Germany specifically). There are few if any schools/universities in the United States, that have any real theoretical influence over the academic discipline.

So please revise your stance to reflect the true state we live in, which is FASCISM.
edit on 10-2-2015 by boohoo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: boohoo

The misuse of one label doesn't make his premise wrong. He's still very much correct in his assessments.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Eunuchorn

The misuse of one label doesn't make his premise wrong. He's still very much correct in his assessments.

Actually the distinction is very important. In a "Neo-Marxist" society "labor" would be represented in both business and government (for example, Work Councils in modern Germany), there would be a multiparty system (another example in Germany is their version of Congress, the Bundestag, which is more powerful than the Bundesrat, their version of the Senate, basically its the EXACT the opposite of what we have in the USA).

No more of this lack of distinction between "Fascism" and "Marxism", for the millionth time, the terms are not interchangeable, open a book for crying out loud.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   

You're focusing on a single word in his whole post & tangenting on it, then telling me I need to read more...

Everybody should NOT VOTE.

A vote is not for change but to perpetuate the system; and the system itself needs changing.

A 2-party system, wherein the parties are only superficially different but fundamentally the same, is no different from a dictatorship.

Sure, you may change a few things, but it's akin to rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.

The system remains intact.

The Controllers are worried that a lot of people don't vote, because this is the only way (short of a revolution) that the people can register their displeasure with the system.

There I removed neo Marxist from his post, do you actually understand what we're talking about now?

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   

You're focusing on a single word in his whole post & tangenting on it, then telling me I need to read more...

A 2-party system, wherein the parties are only superficially different but fundamentally the same, is no different from a dictatorship.

There I removed neo Marxist from his post, do you actually understand what we're talking about now?

Fascism is not always a dictatorship, just as a two-party system is not always a democracy.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: boohoo

Fascism is not always a dictatorship, just as a two-party system is not always a democracy.

Ah, so you're answer is "no, I do not understand what we're talking about or what this thread is about."

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   

There has been nearly 80 years of political interest bending the US towards Fascism. Big political and financial backing has worked in a long haul effort to turn the US into a Fascist State. See this reference: www.theguardian.com...

Eisenhower and Kennedy both spoke out against this influence sector but alas to no avail.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Ah, so you're answer is "no, I do not understand what we're talking about or what this thread is about."

Actually I do, in a "dictatorship" the following statement is meaningless:

-CJCrawley

Recognizing that we live in a Fascist state, is the FIRST real step needed to make real change. Pondering about the "illusion of voting" plays right into the hands of Fascist and Oligarchs. They want us taking about "hanging chads".

But do you know what actions would really burn the hides of American Fascist and Oligarchs?
-Grass roots, aggressive, backlash against legal and illegal immigration.
-Cultural backlash against people CURRENTLY making babies that will not be able to sell their labor in exchange for wages, 20 years down the road.
-A massive exodus of American citizen emigrating to greener pastures and fighting the system from abroad (there is nothing baring a US citizen from forming a PAC and then "funding" its operation while residing in another country).
-Defunding police forces at the local level, thereby reducing their ability to enforce unethical policies.

In fact creating and funding a PAC (Political action committee) is the MOST effective thing citizens can do, to fight back against oppression, definitely more effective than casting our vote.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   

How? There are no rules saying a certain number of votes must be cast for an election to be valid. How does doing nothing help change something that inherently requires something be done in order to change?

If anything, not voting perpetuates the system more so than actually voting. Because you're saying, through your inaction, that you don't care about the outcome. Sure, you have a fundamental right to complain about it, but you've done nothing to prevent it...so why bother complaining? You care enough to complain but not to actually do the work required to fix it.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: links234

The fact you think the system can be fixed by voting, proves the system worked & you are happily long term conditioned. The more people that don't vote, the closer we get to Revolution. & it is only Revolution that will change/fix the problem, not hard work.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: CJCrawley

CJ, very well stated.

I've got to say I'm pretty thrilled with the way my introduction has been received, and there's been a lot of great discussion.

I feel like those on the other side, the pro-vote crowd if you will, just don't have much of an argument... just saying those that don't participate are parasites, etc.

I think that if say, 20,000 people in the entire country voted in the next Presidential election, that would make more of a statement about the state of the country than just about anything.

Yeah, as OrphanApology has stated so eloquently (and I am paraphrasing them here), why legitimize a system I believe is flawed by participating in it?

It's quaint that people think their voice matters. It really is. Here's something: Percentage of votes that did not factor in determining the winner in their respective years: 79.28% in 2000 and 70.39% in 2008

Nobody's really mentioned the electoral college yet.
edit on 10-2-2015 by prolethreat81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   
George Carlin was mentioned on the first page by SyxPak. I belive he was referring to this. See clip below. You know, I don't swear by George Carlin, I'm not some big George Carlin fan...but just listen to what he's saying (oh, right, and it's Carlin, so there will be a little bit of harsh language):

edit on 10-2-2015 by prolethreat81 because: couldn't figure out how to link a youtube vid properly..

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: prolethreat81
a reply to: CJCrawley

CJ, very well stated.

I've got to say I'm pretty thrilled with the way my introduction has been received, and there's been a lot of great discussion.

I feel like those on the other side, the pro-vote crowd if you will, just don't have much of an argument... just saying those that don't participate are parasites, etc.

I think that if say, 20,000 people in the entire country voted in the next Presidential election, that would make more of a statement about the state of the country than just about anything.

Yeah, as OrphanApology has stated so eloquently, why legitimize a system I believe is flawed by participating in it.

It's quaint that people think their voice matters. It really is. Here's something: Percentage of votes that did not factor in determining the winner in their respective years: 79.28% in 2000 and 70.39% in 2008

Nobody's really mentioned the electoral college yet.

I mentioned the electoral college in my video that few people watched it seems.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: corvuscorrax

Ah, you're right. There wasn't any description so I sorta skimmed past it.

Now that I watched it though, you did - and it's funny as s###

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I'm truly stunned at your apparent cognitive dissonance. You want change, but you want to do nothing in order to obtain it. Furthermore, you want others to do nothing.

Why do we get bad laws? Because we get bad politicians.
Why do we get bad politicians? Because we get bad candidates.
Why do we get bad candidates? Because people don't vote.

There's an entire voting system in place to allow your voice to be heard. It starts with your county election commissioner and works its way up to the federal election commission.

If you think things are bad, then it's your own fault for not doing anything to fix it. The system doesn't react to inaction, the voting system has been developed to specifically react to action. That action is voting. There are many other systems that have been put in place because of that voting system, some of those other systems are bad, some of them work to hinder the system of voting.

If you're not voting, you're doing exactly what you're being told to do. If you think voting is the illusion of choice, then you've been lied into believing that not voting was your choice. The fewer people that vote, the longer the bad politicians can stay in power.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join