It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have any of you read Dante's Inferno and explain the meaning of this quote for me?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBlueShiroux

We can't tell you what to do.

We can advise that you tell him where to get off & you're not interested in game playing, pseudo-intellectual, passive aggressive, control freaks.

But if I'm honest, he sounds like he'd be a danger to a young female if they told him that.

Maybe talk to your father or an uncle or a male cousin or brother and get them to tell him to back off.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I've decided that I don't care what it means.
And I'm moving on with my life as I was before.
edit on 2/9/2015 by TheBlueShiroux because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Thank you all for the advice.
If you think of anything, let me know.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I read this over a few times and I wanted to add something beyond the chorus of he is trying to play head games. (Which I believe is exactly the case. You leave for school and he underlines do not desert me. Yeah, that's a flag. ) If the way I read it is correct you were the one who contacted him out of the blue after approx. 6 months. Whether intentional or not it may have triggered something in him as well. When certain doors have closed you have to carefully think about which doors to open again and for what reasons you are doing it. In this case your seemingly simple request for a returned book sparked all this drama. You still probably hold some feelings for the person and that's why your mind is drawn back to it. You made a wise choice in letting it go.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   

I do not care if he turned 19 at four o'clock this morning!

It is not the done thing for a gentleman to attempt to monopolise the mind of such a young lady, until quite a bit longer has passed.

Ach... pay me no mind. All my understanding of this sort of thing is probably very much out of date by now.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Eunuchorn is quite correct, as usual (from the depressed perspective anyway)... in my years I've grown weary of folks who cloak their pathetic desperation in some literary figure's work to give themselves an air of authority... utterly pathetic... unless you like overly neurotic, selfish narcissists with little of their own creativity or gravitas...

and in that case, I'm available...

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBlueShiroux

Because I don't know what to do.

Its YOUR life ... Do what YOU want to do.

And it's been a week since this happened.

Life is what's happening while you're making plans ...

Not Dante but John Lennon I believe?

You can find quotes for anything on google.

And I keep distracting myself but my mind keeps going back to it.

You cant move forward while your so busy looking back!

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBlueShiroux
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Because I don't know what to do.
And it's been a week since this happened.
And I keep distracting myself but my mind keeps going back to it.

Your mind keeps going back to it because it's a mystery. It doesn't matter how long it's been, young one. It's just a ploy to keep you dangling on.

He's 19. No longer a boy but not quite a man. I would be very surprised if he knows what he meant by that passage.

Let it go. Let him go. Run, don't walk, as far away as quickly as you can.

16 is much too young for dark & mysterious. You have the rest of your life to be immersed in mysteries and unhappiness. Don't be in such a hurry to grow up. I promise it's not all it's cracked up to be.

J

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: LadyJae

One of the best, and truest closing lines in a post ever LadyJae. Star incoming.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Yes. It's just a fancy way involving many a word in saying absolutely nothing.

The only thing that it means...Dramatics ensue... My advice. Generally calling people mean names solves such issues. Have you called him a silly goose moron recently? Maybe you should. Its pretty normal for people to play these sort of games, especially when young. Some say that when you grow up you grow out of it. That however is a lie, they mostly learn to streamline it as you grow up, eventually it becomes and unconscious thing, and depending on the differences in people they will either latch on and work, or not.

In all if nothing has happened by now then nothing will. Hell is manifested in many ways, one way being this whole love thing which is not really love....Or whatever you know. I have yet to encounter a real issue in this relationships thread. I am sure whatever it is, that you will get over it.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join