It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The mysterious 2015 deaths of Fort Hood soldiers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 11:13 PM
link   
www.forthoodpresscenter.com...

12/14 Mysterious circumstances. Sgt. 1st Class Keith Robert Tucker

www.armytimes.com...

1/2015 - gunshot. Jonathan Muniz

www.shreveporttimes.com...

1/2015 Under quarantine for ebola quarantine but no cause of death given. Spc. Kendrick Sneed

m.statesman.com...

1/2015 under investigation. Spc. Jason Robert Kruszczynski

www.dvidshub.net...
1/15 Spc. Joshua Avery Snapp, no cause

bangordailynews.com...

2/2015 found dead in vehicle in training area. Spc. Casey Andrew Chapman

So what is going on here? 4 unrelated mysterious deaths in a month connected to Ft Hood. I looked through their records and this appears to be highly unusual.

I will edit if I find any others in Dec/Jan/Feb that are fishy and non-combat related.
edit on 7-2-2015 by FireflyStars because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Well, what do you think? Any theories? I'll agree there is a good deal of weirdness surrounding Ft. Hood. The Hassan thing among others.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 11:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: FireflyStars
www.forthoodpresscenter.com...

12/14 Mysterious circumstances. Sgt. 1st Class Keith Robert Tucker

www.armytimes.com...

1/2015 - gunshot. Jonathan Muniz

www.shreveporttimes.com...

1/2015 Under quarantine for ebola quarantine but no cause of death given. Spc. Kendrick Sneed

m.statesman.com...

1/2015 under investigation. Spc. Jason Robert Kruszczynski

bangordailynews.com...

2/2015 found dead in vehicle in training area. Spc. Casey Andrew Chapman

So what is going on here? 4 unrelated mysterious deaths in a month connected to Ft Hood. I looked through their records and this appears to be highly unusual.

What the bleep with all the redacted on the last news link? Did you see that? That's a new one. Good find BTW. It could be coinky dinky, but, too coinky dinky for me.

Officials at Fort Hood said a soldier from Maine has died....

––––––––– –– – ––––––––– –––––––– –– ––– –––– –––– –––––– ––––––– ––––––– –––– ––––– –––––– –––––––– ––– ––– ––––– –––––––––––– ––––––––– –– ––– ––––––– –– – –––––––– –––––

–––––––– ––– –– –––– –––––––– ––––––– ––––––––––– ––––––– –– ––––––– –––– –– –– ––––––––– –––––––––

––––––– ––– –––––––– –––– –––––– ––– ––––––––––– ––– ––– –––––––– ––––––––– –––– –––– ––––––––––– ––––––– –––––––– ––––––– ––––––– –––––– –––––– ––– –– ––––––––– ––––––– –––––– –––––– ––––––– ––––––– –––––– –––– ––––––– –––––– ––– –––––––– ––––––– –––––– ––––––––– –– –––– –––– ––––––––––

––––––––– –––– ––– –––––––– –– ––––– ––––––––––––––

Seriously??? A giant grey bar covering dashes?
edit on 2/7/2015 by Anyafaj because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Anyafaj

Weird! Mine works. I'm sure you can find him using his name though. I caught it on facebook from relatives from Maine and noticed there were a lot of others with deaths "under investigation".

My guess, they needed to quiet a few folks. Hassan related or not.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 12:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: FireflyStars
a reply to: Anyafaj

Weird! Mine works. I'm sure you can find him using his name though. I caught it on facebook from relatives from Maine and noticed there were a lot of others with deaths "under investigation".

My guess, they needed to quiet a few folks. Hassan related or not.

Suicide?

A soldier from Augusta has died at Fort Hood in Texas, officials said Friday. Spc. Casey Andrew Chapman, 20, was found unresponsive in a vehicle at a training area on Wednesday.
I wonder too, between the trial of Hassan, th waiting for the Purple Heart, dealing with Iraq, and getting shot at there and crap, then to come home and deal with Hassan shooting at them here, was it too much? As someone who suffers from severe PTSD from a different trauma, I can attest, it LIVES with you. There's no "get over it". Sometimes there's no "get better", there's just deal with this day, then work on dealing with the next. And yes, sadly I have been there where suicide was an option for me. Let's just say it's not anymore. PTSD can b mild, it can be severe. You can function through life, or you can be like me and play pretend while no one knows the hell you deal with inside.

As I said, this could all be a coincidence, but it could be something going on with the guys as well. Let's face it. The military isn't exactly known for treating victims of "workplace violence" either.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Could be something, could be nothing. Fort Hood has over 50k people at it. Suicide is a big issue.

Hard to make a call either way with so little info. And by little I mean practically none, still. Which is weird, to a degree.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: FireflyStars

If you take the number of troops at Ft. Hood, the largest US Army base in the world, the amount of stress among them especially those having returned from combat experience, and the nature of their training with equipment and weapons, toss in the family relations side of the situation, and you must wonder why you bother with such a thread?

After all, what possible explanation can you whip up or allude to connect these events? Oh, I know, to make a thread.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

Yea, I agree with you there. It's an absolutely massive base. 4 people out of 50-55k isn't really that earth shaking. I'm not seeing any connections between the 4 dead. I think its wildly premature to suggest they "needed to silence" people.
edit on 8-2-2015 by Shamrock6 because: Typo

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Joshua Snapp killed himself. Here's a gofundme set up by his friend to support his family.

www.gofundme.com...

If there is no cause listed for the other deaths, they are probably suicides as well.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
Well, what do you think? Any theories? I'll agree there is a good deal of weirdness surrounding Ft. Hood. The Hassan thing among others.

It's not hidden or redacted. The site itself wants you to click something further to read the article. Here it is in it's brief entirety:

FORT HOOD, Texas — Officials at Fort Hood said a soldier from Maine has died.

According to a statement released by the Fort Hood Public Affairs Office, Spc. Casey Andrew Chapman, 20, was found unresponsive

Wednesday in his vehicle at a training area.

Chapman, who is from Augusta, entered active-duty service in January 2013 as an artillery mechanic.

Chapman had received many awards and decorations for his service, including four Army Achievement Medals, National Defense Service

Medal, Global War on Terrorism Service Medal, Korean Defense Service Medal, Army Service Ribbon and Overseas Service Medal,

according to Fort Hood officials.

Officials said the incident is under investigation.
bangordailynews.com...

It certainly is odd, at least the 4 unexplained. But all of them including the shooting? Very odd. I wonder if we'll ever know.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: StoutBroux

originally posted by: kosmicjack

It's not hidden or redacted. The site itself wants you to click something further to read the article. Here it is in it's brief entirety:

FORT HOOD, Texas — Officials at Fort Hood said a soldier from Maine has died.

According to a statement released by the Fort Hood Public Affairs Office, Spc. Casey Andrew Chapman, 20, was found unresponsive

Wednesday in his vehicle at a training area.

Chapman, who is from Augusta, entered active-duty service in January 2013 as an artillery mechanic.

Chapman had received many awards and decorations for his service, including four Army Achievement Medals, National Defense Service

Medal, Global War on Terrorism Service Medal, Korean Defense Service Medal, Army Service Ribbon and Overseas Service Medal,

according to Fort Hood officials.

Officials said the incident is under investigation.
bangordailynews.com...

It certainly is odd, at least the 4 unexplained. But all of them including the shooting? Very odd. I wonder if we'll ever know.

For some reason whatever it wanted clicked then never popped up. Very weird. I got the story from another site either way. Thanks!

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 09:03 AM
link   
PTSD and suicide are both big issues.

I did comb through reports of non- combat deaths from Fort Hood, and it appeared they had about 2 monthly, making the 4+ kind of high.

The mysterious circumstances are what prompted me create a thread. They're all "under investigation" and some of them are pretty strange, for example the unexplained gunshot on Ft Hood's campus, and the man who was quarantined for Ebola but died from something else while under observation.

If they had simply omitted a cause on these, I wouldn't have raised an eyebrow, but most have "under investigation" attached to them.

It isn't necessarily a conspiracy, but it is something I'll be keeping an eye on. Firstly to see if they provide answers, and second to see if any more follow.

Nice find on the gofundme, thanks!

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 09:19 AM
link   
And do not discount sexual assault as it is rampant in the military even among the males

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: FireflyStars

Very mysterious that is says they are all under investigation. Nice find OP.
edit on 10-2-2015 by Rezlooper because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Any updates on this? I have a very close friend at Hood. He didn't even know about this. But it's a large base.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I just checked their site yesterday and there have been no new deaths, nor have I seen anything updating cause of deaths unless already noted. It remains its own odd little cluster of incidents, related or no.

new topics

top topics

join