It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I Cannot Accept Any Religion

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   
The truth is that you are either living or non living. That is why it is important to make the most of your life. You get to choose whether it is for good or evil. There are only two choices, 0 or 1.

Non living matter does get a choice of what its nature is. We do. The reward or punishment, is that last nanosecond before the lights are completely out. "Did I do things right?" I was an aide with hospice patients and witnessed this many, many times. Prepared their bodies for the mortician.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 01:45 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

Is a virus alive, or dead?

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: AllIsOne

Alive. So are animals. So the big question? Why are we different. No one knows that answer.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

Alive. So are animals. So the big question? Why are we different. No one knows that answer.

What makes you think virii are alive? What makes you think we are different from animals?

P.S.: I don't have answers to these questions, just some beliefs related to what I read on these topics To me there is no clear frontier between "living" and "non-living", neither between "conscious" and "not conscious". Like wise you cannot say precisely where "cold" becomes "hot".

All these notions are relative.

A virus is less alive than a plant, and more than a crystal.
A man is more conscious than an animal, and less than a god.
edit on 11-2-2015 by Develo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   

We suppose to be different because we were god-like according to scriptures (in the Garden of Eden) and fell from that high station down here (whatever down here is) with the animals…

Yeah it always seemed strange to me that animals don’t need fur coats and cloths.

Maybe we’re the aliens

It seems animals are very close to nature( at least in this-world) more so than us with all our accessories like fur coats and shiny shoes and big hats

You ever see an animal put on a hat?

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

That is my suspicion. That we are the aliens. That is why we abuse this planet. But we still have the choice.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Develo

Maybe I live in a pretty simple frame of mind. I don't know what a "little bit of life" is. "a little bit of dead" is dead. Virus, to me are alive, because they need each other to multiply. Non matter does not replicate. I think.

We are different from the animals because we want dominion over everything, the animal just wants to live in it. And we want, and want, and want. The animal is satisfied with a full belly. We are never satisfied.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 02:00 AM
link   

"Viruses are not considered "alive" because they lack many of the properties that scientists associate with living organisms. Primarily, they lack the ability to reproduce without the aid of a host cell, and don't use the typical cell- division approach to replication."

A biological virus is nothing but a computer code packed into organic tissue. Without the computer, aka host cell, the virus is dead.

I'm just bringing this up, because nobody knows what "alive" actually means. Same thing with consciousness … ;-)

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   

I get that. This is a spirituality subject, laced with a few facts. So, I can have my interpretation of what life is, yes? Always takes a realist to spoil the imagination.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Maybe I live in a pretty simple frame of mind. I don't know what a "little bit of life" is. "a little bit of dead" is dead. Virus, to me are alive, because they need each other to multiply. Non matter does not replicate. I think.

Virus are usually considered not alive because they use the cellular process of a living organism to replicate. But they can't replicate on their own.

On the other hand crystals are self-replicating and not alive.

So the frontier isn't that clear.

If you want a spiritual take on the subject, read Teilhard de Chardin the Phenomenon of Man. It's fascinating. It explains life and consciousness as something that happens in all the universe at different scales and speed. Just like in the eyes of a human a mountain never moves because it does too slowly, in the eyes of a star, a human life is so short it is invisible.

Likewise there can be different levels and "qualities" to life and consciousness, and it's possible that the prerequisites for it are present in all matter at different levels of organization and complexity.
edit on 12-2-2015 by Develo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   

"If you want a spiritual take on the subject, read Teilhard de Chardin the Phenomenon of Man"

I will see if I can find that. I am an older person still grappling with spiritual issues (and no high education). I think my job effected me. Dealing with death every day and then I had to prepare them for the mortician. But it was always peaceful.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: TheJourney

Thanks for the clarification...

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   

I get that. This is a spirituality subject, laced with a few facts. So, I can have my interpretation of what life is, yes? Always takes a realist to spoil the imagination.

Yes, but when you start a post with "the truth is …" we need to quantify that a little … ;-)

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 09:00 PM
link   

I'll check out that book. Thanks for sharing.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Sorry, you are right. I should have said my truth.

<< 3  4  5   >>

join