It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Olympain Bruce Jenner involved in fatal 4 car pile up

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Was Bruce Jenner Texting While Driving?

The L.A. County Sheriff's Dept. will get a search warrant to determine if Bruce Jenner was texting at the time he slammed into a car, causing the driver to die....

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ, they will get warrants for both Bruce's phone records and the cellphone itself. It's illegal to text while driving in California and if Bruce was texting Saturday when he struck a car on PCH in Malibu, authorities could charge him with vehicular manslaughter.

The photos we posted showing Bruce in the car immediately before impact do not reveal what if anything he's holding. It appears he might be clutching something in his left hand but it's unclear.

Even if he was texting, our sources say proving he was doing it at exactly the moment of the crash could be difficult or even impossible.

Our law enforcement sources also tell us they're positive Bruce tried to avoid the accident. The tires on his trailer produced significant skid marks and at the last minute Bruce veered to the right, causing the Lexus to swing left into oncoming traffic. A Hummer struck the Lexus, killing the Lexus driver.

We're told cops are skeptical about the story of the Prius driver, who was hit from the rear by the Lexus in the chain reaction. The Prius driver says she was stopped at a red light, but she was about 300 feet from the light itself. Cops don't know if there was a long line of cars in front of her or if she stopped before the light to make an illegal U-turn. They tell us her story is "vague."

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Of ficials are examining all 4 driver's phone records

Investigators are now trying to determine the cause and circumstances surrounding the crash and plan to look at the mobile phone records of all four drivers and check for any video evidence, Sheriff Commander Michael Parker said.

Their investigations will determine if Jenner, or any of the other three drivers involved in the collision, were texting or on their mobile phones at the time of the collision.

But there is no evidence he was being chased by photographers, according to Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department Lt. John Lecrivain.

He told CNN: 'As of right now, there is no indication that Bruce Jenner was being chased by paparazzi at the time of the crash.

'There was a possibility that paparazzi was following him at the time of the crash, but that is a very regular occurrence, and (there is) no indication at this time it was a contributing factor of the crash.'

Photographs showing the crash impact appear to show Jenner, who is dressed in a blue jumper with dark sunglasses on, with his left arm raised while behind the wheel.

The L.A. County Sheriff's Department will get a search warrant for both Jenner's phone records and the cellphone itself,TMZ reported today. It is illegal to text while driving in California.

Sheriff's officials say the deadly pile-up happened after a Prius came to a stop in the northbound lanes on the PCH, a notoriously busy road, for unknown reasons.

It is said the Prius was hit by a white Lexus, driven by Ms Howe, which was then rear-ended by Jenner's Cadillac Escalade.

The impact of the crash forced the Lexus into oncoming southbound traffic where it then collided head-on with a Hummer.

Jenner told cops he was being pursued by paparazzi in the moments leading to the original crash, however a sergeant disputed the claims.

Sergeant Philip Books said: 'That wouldn't make a whole lot of sense, but it's always possible. We can't confirm that.'

Jenner passed a field sobriety test and voluntarily went to a nearby hospital to provide a blood sample.

'He is not under and investigation right now as far as driving while intoxicated,' the sergeant added.

Investigators are now trying to determine the cause and circumstances surrounding the crash and plan to look at the mobile phone records of all four drivers and check for any video evidence, sheriff's Cmdr. Michael Parker said.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Anyafaj

Kinda sounds like they're trying to make Bruce out to be a hero already. "Did everything possible" to avoid the accident. Well if he produced significant skid marks, how fast was he going? What's the speed limit? Was he speeding? Speeding whole towing a trailer?

Not really answering any questions, but this already stinks of them protecting Bruce

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   

It doesn't matter if he did everything to avoid it, as a person who was in a similar accident, minus the death, I can tell you that those insurance companies and cops don't want to hear that you did everything possible to avoid it, they want to know how close and how fast you were going.

His car has essentially a black box in it, they know will know everything they need to. Now rather we get to hear it or not is a different story.

Imo he is at fault and needs to be charged, and not much is going to change my mind.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Can anyone tell if there are skid marks? I don't see any in those pics plus if you look at the moment of impact his escalade looks perfectly level.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Great, now the state is gonna pay for his sex change operation.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Negatory Good Buddy... The Prime Collision Factor(PCF) would be 22350 Ca. Vehicle Code- Speeding or Operating a motor vehicle at an unsafe speed. If You're stopped at a stop sign and get rear ended then who is at fault? This is the same thing. Add the fact that He is trailering then depending on the weight of the load, the braking distance is extended (One needs to pay even more attention...) By the looks of it He is also in violation of operating a vehicle while involved with an electronic device with His hands..

I hope He has better luck when He is fully engulfed into His inner Yin...

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone
Can anyone tell if there are skid marks? I don't see any in those pics plus if you look at the moment of impact his escalade looks perfectly level.

I don't see any pictures of it, but police statements say that there are.

2nd

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimNasium

Negatory Good Buddy... The Prime Collision Factor(PCF) would be 22350 Ca. Vehicle Code- Speeding or Operating a motor vehicle at an unsafe speed. If You're stopped at a stop sign and get rear ended then who is at fault? This is the same thing. Add the fact that He is trailering then depending on the weight of the load, the braking distance is extended (One needs to pay even more attention...) By the looks of it He is also in violation of operating a vehicle while involved with an electronic device with His hands..

I hope He has better luck when He is fully engulfed into His inner Yin...

The prius wasn't stopped at a stop sign. The owner of the prius is giving "conflicting" statements to police as to why it stopped suddenly. (1st car) Bruce is still at fault for the unsafe distance and possible texting.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Jenner was smoking NOT Texting while driving

Bruce Jenner will not get in trouble with the law as a result of his deadly car crash ... at least that's the way it appears based on a new photo.

The picture was taken by an independent photo agency just before Bruce slammed into a Lexus Saturday on Pacific Coast Highway in Malibu, sending that driver into oncoming traffic where she was killed after colliding with a Hummer.

It was unclear what, if anything, Bruce was holding in his left hand seconds before the crash. But the new photo shows Bruce clutching a cigarette, not a cell phone. The photo (above) is the first in a sequence shot by the agency, just before the Lexus comes into frame.

Based on the evidence gathered so far, it seems Bruce will not face any sort of criminal prosecution. As we reported, he slammed on his brakes before impact and veered right to avoid the Lexus. And deputies believe a Prius in front of the Lexus may have made a sudden stop, triggering the collision

(Side note, according to Daily Mail, the victim was a friend, and neighbor of the family who lived nearby.)

Vi ctim was 69 yr old neighbor

The identities of those involved in the horror crash have not yet been confirmed but MailOnline can exclusively reveal that the woman who died is believed to be 69-year-old Kim Howe, a friend of the Kardashian-Jenner family.

She has not yet been formally identified, but has been named locally.

Ms Howe, a widow, is believed to be neighbours with the Kardashians and lives in the same Calabasas hideaway as Kourtney, Robert and Khloe Kardashian, which is guarded by security at the road entrance.

Widowed Ms Howe, whose Calabasas house on Prado De La Mariposa is valued at $4,800,000, owns a number of properties including one in Malibu that faces onto the Pacific Ocean, though neighbours say the place has been left abandoned for three years because of a mold problem.

It's currently unknown what Ms Howe was doing in Malibu on Saturday when the tragic crash happened.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   

When I was a cop the most used Primary Collision Factor (PCF) was the speeding-inattention. The "safe speed" is a speed travelled that will allow for stopping. Add a loaded trailer and the distance is increased.

I apologize if My reply came across as "smarmy" that was not My intention. As You noted it doesn't matter the "why" just that Ms. Jenner nee Mr. Jenner was at fault for not maintaining a 'safe speed'

If available the California Highway Patrol's Manual 'may' be available (I would punch in My measurements using Ofc. Snook's example. Ofc. Snook's the officer whose work was used by the CHP...

Now if Ms. Jenner was a "better driver" when He identified with 'Yang' is anyone's guess.. He also 'may' have a 'stiffer' (pun intended) fine by smoking in Ca. then "driving HUA" (Head Up Arse)

I would be remiss if I didn't apologize again if'n You read My reply as "non-positive"...

namaste

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Who cares if he wasn't texting?!

He was either not paying attention or following to close while towing something or speeding.

This accident resulted in the death of someone, I do not like two tier justice systems, if this happened to anyone one of us Joe Q Public we would be facing some heat from the law.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimNasium

When I was a cop the most used Primary Collision Factor (PCF) was the speeding-inattention. The "safe speed" is a speed travelled that will allow for stopping. Add a loaded trailer and the distance is increased.

I apologize if My reply came across as "smarmy" that was not My intention. As You noted it doesn't matter the "why" just that Ms. Jenner nee Mr. Jenner was at fault for not maintaining a 'safe speed'

If available the California Highway Patrol's Manual 'may' be available (I would punch in My measurements using Ofc. Snook's example. Ofc. Snook's the officer whose work was used by the CHP...

Now if Ms. Jenner was a "better driver" when He identified with 'Yang' is anyone's guess.. He also 'may' have a 'stiffer' (pun intended) fine by smoking in Ca. then "driving HUA" (Head Up Arse)

I would be remiss if I didn't apologize again if'n You read My reply as "non-positive"...

namaste

You're reply was fine. Not smarmy at all. Although, until Jenner identifies as a woman publicly, HE is still technically a MR.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Who cares if he wasn't texting?!

He was either not paying attention or following to close while towing something or speeding.

This accident resulted in the death of someone, I do not like two tier justice systems, if this happened to anyone one of us Joe Q Public we would be facing some heat from the law.

I agree, I was just posting the news as it happened. I apologize if this upset you. It was not my intention. It was just to share updates on the case.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Ok, just seemed like it was posted in defense of bruce.
So apologies on my side as well

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Ok, just seemed like it was posted in defense of bruce.
So apologies on my side as well

No apologies necessary. Until the police charge someone, I side with no one. Although I really am curious as to WHY the prious stopped short and why the conflicting stories to the cops from the driver. (Not negating any responsibility from Bruce.)

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Law enforcement pointing finger at Prius at the head of the pack

Bruce Jenner has spoken out about the fatal Malibu car crash in which he was involved on Saturday as police hint the reality star may not have been to blame.

Law enforcement officials are now pointing the finger at a Prius at the head of a pack of four cars that included Jenner's Cadillac Escalade, which they tell TMZ stopped abruptly on the busy Pacific Coast Highway, leading to the crash that left 69-year-old Kim Howe dead.

Prius may be to blame

Bruce Jenner may not be the driver who caused a woman to die on PCH Saturday ... because law enforcement tells TMZ they now believe the Prius that led the pack made a sudden stop, causing the Lexus to crash into it ... BEFORE Bruce hit the Lexus.

As TMZ first reported ... Sheriff's deputies were suspicious of the story the Prius driver told. She said she was stopped at a red light, but she was 300 feet from the light. When cops asked her if there was a line of cars in front of her she was vague. Deputies think she might have been making an illegal U-turn.

So the current scenario is this ... the Prius came to a sudden, possibly illegal stop on the highway. The Lexus hit the Prius and then Bruce slammed on his brakes, swerved right but was unable to stop, slamming into the Lexus. The Lexus then went into oncoming traffic and hit the Hummer, killing the Lexus driver.

It appears there is no criminal liability on Bruce's part. As for civil liability, there is a law that you cannot follow too close and need to prepare for sudden events. But if the Prius stopped without warning ... that driver could be at the very least partly responsible for the accident.

It seems police are focusing more on the Prius from the sounds of things. I could be mistaken.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 02:53 AM
link   
I saw a video on my youtube feed today showing how family guy predicted bruce jenners decision to become a female in a 2009 episode.

Anyway, doing "everything possible to prevent" also includes actions you did or did not take Before it became obvious that a collision was imminent...
edit on 2/9/2015 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Investigators plan to get Bruce's cell phone

Investigators plan to visit Bruce Jenner on Monday to seek cellphone records in connection with Saturday’s deadly chain-reaction crash on Pacific Coast Highway.

Sgt. Philip Brooks of the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department told the Los Angeles Times that investigators would ask Jenner to sign a form to release his cellphone records to authorities.

Meanwhile, California Department of Motor Vehicles records showed that the driver killed in the Malibu crash had not had a valid license since 2007, when it expired.

At this point, he said, all drivers were being investigated. The crash investigation likely will take months, the sergeant said.

Along with reviewing cellphone records, detectives plan to examine the vehicles, re-create the crash on paper, talk to witnesses and look through any photographs and video.

If the probe reveals one of the drivers committed a vehicle code violation at the time of the crash, more serious charges -- including vehicular manslaughter -- are a possibility, he said.

Authorities say the crash happened when a Lexus slammed into a Prius that had stopped on PCH near Corral Canyon Road in Malibu.

"Why it was stopped has yet to be determined," Brooks said. "If the light ahead was red and traffic backed up, then it's hard to believe the Hummer would have come at a substantial speed, as it did.”

Brooks said it wasn't uncommon for vehicles to make U-turns on PCH.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   
UPDATE

Cops have confirmed that they are in possession of video that shows Jenner was responsible for chain-reaction crash that resulted in a woman's death

Jenner's SUV rear-ended two cars, pushing a white Lexus into oncoming traffic

If it is proved that he caused the fatal wreck, Jenner could be charged with vehicular manslaughter which carries a six year prison sentence

Law enforcement officials in Los Angeles have confirmed that they are in possession of a video that shows Bruce Jenner was responsible for starting a chain-reaction crash that resulted in a woman's death on a Malibu highway earlier this month.

Jenner was hauling an off-road vehicle on a trailer behind his Cadillac Escalade on February 7 when he steered to avoid cars slowing for a traffic light in front of him on Pacific Coast Highway.

Jenner's SUV rear-ended two cars, pushing a white Lexus into oncoming traffic, the official said

The Los Angeles Sheriff's Department is investigating the cause of the wreck and will consider whether to issue a citation that could result in criminal charges - possibly vehicular manslaughter.

The official briefed on the video was not authorized to speak publicly and spoke to The Associated Press on Wednesday on condition of anonymity.

The official said the video taken by cameras on an MTA bus in the area showed Jenner's vehicle continued forward and rear-ended a Toyota Prius. Officials initially said the victim's white Lexus had struck the Prius.

Reconstruction of the accident

Detectives in Malibu have opened a vehicular homicide investigation. If any of the drivers in the crash are found criminally negligent, felony charges could be filed - which carry a sentence of up to six years in prison.

If it is determined that Jenner's Escalade struck both cars and authorities find he was following too closely, it would make prosecution for vehicular manslaughter more likely than if he was just part of the chain reaction, TMZ claims.

Not looking good, then again, wonder how a good lawyer and a good plea bargain and get this down to? Community service? We know sometimes the rich have different laws.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join